Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 19

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Blythe - I hope you feel better soon! And can you PM me your email address? I took that photo of your girls at Bubba Gumps and I still haven't sent you the photo yet!

So, since last night was Saturday, I got woken up at night due to people screaming and fighting outside the front door. This was a different group than last week, and last week I got woken up at 12, 1, 2, and 3 am. Last night it was only at 4 am.

I went to Staples today to catch their loss leaders for the week, and I passed a gas station...it's $4.27 here for the low grade. Blah. Thursday-Saturday we are renting an SUV to take my SIL up to college. Parking and filling up are both going to be a beast.

I'm going to bake a cake tonight. It won't be as cute as Kathy's, but would anybody like a piece?
    I'll take a piece. Can I have extra frosting? Right now, I'd kill for something sweet. (They don't "do" sugar here at DD's)
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody wanna guess at what I'm up to?

Goodnight all !
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I wish, believe me!! We will definately make it out that way soon, I promise. It's about time for us to visit Mike's family so I really hope we will see you again soon!
    Hmmmmm...... maybe I'm mistaken, but weren't you talking about that last April ???

If you do come out we'll have a little party. Patti & I, Blythe & Dan, Carol & Gilles and maybe we could talk Jennifer & Brian into joining us. Oops..... maybe even Kate and her husband too !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    how come she's invited for 7 and i'm invited for 9????
    Because I have something special planned for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I guess you are invited for the left overs?

Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrl377 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new, not to the boards, but to this game. I've watched it for some time now and just never posted....until Mary suggested and invited me to play along.....

So how long has this game been going on? Tink&Goofy, is it still storming where you are?
    Ah yes....... A newcomer. Welcome and have fun and remember..... pogo's the good guy and drummerboy is the trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I think the game's been going on since the 50s sometime, hasn't it? Somebody much older than me will have to tell you--like Pogo.
    See what I mean ???? Ken is the oldest male here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Thanks -- that definitely made me feel better! And you know what was even better to read than that?? That you might be coming up this way to visit Mike's family!! Don't forget, we're only an hour or so from pogo, so if you come up, we'll have to find a way to see you!!

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Right now, I'd kill for something sweet. (They don't "do" sugar here at DD's)
    I'm sweet..... but taken. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    About 5'1" ?????

Natazu Guest

Hi everyone! I'm new, not to the boards, but to this game. I've watched it for some time now and just never posted....until Mary suggested and invited me to play along.....
    This is a game?

Welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    It's still $4 a gallon up there? I saw it here today for $3.39 a gallon! It's been dropping for a couple of weeks now (knock on wood).
    Can I mail you a few cans and you can send some up? The postal service shouldn't have a problem with that huh? BTW Rhonda, How's the foot and the project?

My DH would never go for matching shirts.
    Lucky you, I think Bruce has our matching outfits all set for our upcoming trip.... he's just too darn cute

What kind of stuff was donated ? Let me know next time. Doggie rescue is dear to my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    5 days 20 hours 4 minutes until Disney!
    Yay for you, and yay for me I'll be there shortly after!!! If I forget to tell you have a great and safe trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Our matching shirts are Hawaiian ones, with a Mickey head on the back. He loves to wear Hawaiian shirts in the summer or when we're on vacation.
    Bruce likes hawiian shirts too, he was thrilled to get one that has classic cars and Mickey and Minnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Well, I have 6 more strips to add to my tablerunner and then put it all together, then that's done. Next will be my dress, Emma's christening dress, maybe a jacket or a suit for seminar and then comes my costume for MNSSHP. Can any of you convince Gilles he has to dress up for this? Blythe, you may not get Dan in matching shirts, but at least you got him to dress up. Somebody told me to get him a Grumpy Tshirt and make him wear that as his costume!!!!
    Are you going to post more pics of your projects? I'd love to see them.

Hi all - quick zoop as it's almost dinner time and I have to head back in to work tonight. I have to confess to being VERY tired and out-of-sorts, my body just doesn't feel very good right now. Not sick - just worn out, and I'm not sure why. I know part of it is just being tired, but I pulled something in my neck/shoulders over a week ago and I have no idea how, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, in fact it's worse after I sleep. And it's muscles I can't massage -- it's very deep and all around my upper body/neck -- very weird. Anyway -- enough complaining... hopefully, I'll feel better when I get up tomorrow, I'm going to try to sleep better.
    Blythe, you take care of yourself.... I hope you feel better soon, rest those muscles and talk that DH into a deep muscle massage.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    So, since last night was Saturday, I got woken up at night due to people screaming and fighting outside the front door. This was a different group than last week, and last week I got woken up at 12, 1, 2, and 3 am. Last night it was only at 4 am.
    Sorry to hear that, that makes for a rough weekend... want me to send someone to beat 'em up?

If you can give me enough advance notice, I might be able to donate a signed book or two for the next one, if you'd like.
    That's such a great idea Ken! Not that thy're great or anything but we have some photos that we sometimes sell on eBay, (and give out to people we like right Greg?) and we might be able to do something like that and send them to you Sarah for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    The Contest Is On!!! I'm sending out emails/PMs/facebook messages with info on how to vote, if so inclined. This is so exciting!!
    I voted! Good luck!!!BTW, I liked yours better than the rest anyway....

Welcome..... do I smell cookies? I'm glad that Mary convinced you that we're not as scary as we look..... no pogo I wasn't talking about you

Today, our youngest grandson was walking around with a T-shirt that had something written on it that I didn't pay much attention to until we were coming off the waterfront. I had to laugh when I read it because it would be perfect for this gang. It said, "Lock up the Cookies."
    That is way too cute, I'll have to look for one of those for Carter.
    Ellen, I hope you had a good day...about the $4.00 a gallon, where you been?
    pogo, did I miss dinner?
    How was everyones Sunday? Good I hope. Hailey and me managed to keep all of our food down today, Bruce....not so lucky. I'm hoping he'll feel better by tomorrow, it didn't take long for me to get rid of it so we'll see. Well, I hope you all sleep well and :pxie: for those who are working. to all. Nighty night folks!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

So how long has this game been going on? Tink&Goofy, is it still storming where you are?
    Welcome!! This is a crazy place, but loads of fun!
    Its not storming right now. There is a severe thunderstorm warning nearby, but so far all we've had are some distant rumbles of thunder.
    I'll take a piece. Can I have extra frosting? Right now, I'd kill for something sweet. (They don't "do" sugar here at DD's)
    The brownies are in the oven. Dark Chocolate. They will be ready in about 20 minutes. Any takers?

Dinner was fabulous. Salmon on the grill, corn on the cob, and thanks to all of you - pierogies. The kids LOVED them. Throw in a little wine, and it was a perfect meal. Followed soon by dark chocolate brownies. What could be better?

Post Thanks / Like

This could get an interesting conversation going. How do you make your sheperds pie? I bet every region has a different way to make it.

Good luck with Scooter, whatever it takes. It was pretty easy with the rescue Great Dane. I jsut pushed ehr through a few times and eventually she got it. Now if we can jsut get her to go out in time.
    My shepherds pie is ground meat, tomato soup, corn (I would put peas but DH doesn't like peas), seasonings, and mashed taters on top. That's it, nothing special, but yummy!

Thanks for your support with Scooter. We have pushed her through, proded her through, begged her to go through, etc. I think I'm just stressed that our vacation is so close. I think I was trying to rush her to learn so that it would all be in place for the babysitter. I think I will just take a step back and try to get her to at least not be terrified at the big door again and we'll start over from there!

Thanks -- that definitely made me feel better! And you know what was even better to read than that?? That you might be coming up this way to visit Mike's family!! Don't forget, we're only an hour or so from pogo, so if you come up, we'll have to find a way to see you!!

I'd LOVE some -- I absolutely love sheperds pie! And I'll need a late dinner, so that'd be perfect!! Thanks!
    Mike's family, and him for a time, lives/ed in Rochester. We were there a few Christmases ago to spend the holidays with his family, it was wonderful! Since then, Grandma has been put in a nursing home, Grandpa is in assisted living and Mike's uncle is dying of brain cancer. I have a feeling a visit won't be the most pleasant, maybe even for a funeral, but we're going to try to make it up there before that happens. Either way, we want to get together with both you and Pogo, I couldn't imagine coming that way and not seeing you guys!!

A big old bowl of shepherds pie headed your way!! Hope it gives you the energy to get through the rest of you day/night!!

Everyone ready for Monday? Well, except Pogo that is!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    I'm glad that Mary convinced you that we're not as scary as we look..... no pogo I wasn't talking about you

pogo, did I miss dinner?
    Thanks..... I think ????

Nope..... you can come at 11:00 !

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce likes hawiian shirts too, he was thrilled to get one that has classic cars and Mickey and Minnie!

Was his with Mickey and Minnie, the red and white one with Mickey and Minnie inside Mickey's head? If it is, that's the one the we have that are matching.

Are you going to post more pics of your projects? I'd love to see them.
    I will the tablerunner. Nothing else is really that creative, just normal clothing. If you really want to see the normal stuff I can post that, just let me know. I went back to work on the tablerunner..I ran out of bobbin thread..I went to wind the bobbin and I'm almost out of thread. Do you think that's a sign to call it a night?

Blythe, I think I was feeling that way a couple days last week. I just thought maybe I lifted something wrong. My neck was killing me, just below the base of my skull and I had a killer headache to boot. Friday night I woke up really sick, I still had to go into work on Saturday because there was no one to take my place, so now my ribs are hurting. Boy, everything hurts worse when you get a little older!!! At least I'm trying to stay young at heart!!!

Sarah, if you you and Mike come up toward Rochester, I'm pretty sure Gilles and I will head down that way to meet you!!

Marilyn, what size dolls do you make?(this means, what size clothes do I make for your dolls?)
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Bad news for those of you that were waiting for dark chocolate brownies. DD16 forgot to put the eggs in, and we are now making batch number two.

I guess if nobody's up when they are done, there is more for me. Who's staying up past their bed time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Sleepin'??

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    If you do come out we'll have a little party. Patti & I, Blythe & Dan, Carol & Gilles and maybe we could talk Jennifer & Brian into joining us. Oops..... maybe even Kate and her husband too !
    Sounds perfect!! Sarah, you'll have to start checking flights...

So, I think they're about to start fighting for me to go up to Labor & Delivery... not wild about the idea, but not sure if I'm going to have a say in the matter. I'm content right now... which means I'll probably have to go.

Okay, I started this post an hour ago and here I am, finishing it.... they're still fighting and now I'm in the middle -- I hate being in the middle!! Kate, wait 'til you hear the story.... suffice to say Rosina was in charge....

I'll check in later, if I can....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Throw in a little wine, and it was a perfect meal. Followed soon by dark chocolate brownies. What could be better?
    Not much -- sounded yummy!!!

A big old bowl of shepherds pie headed your way!! Hope it gives you the energy to get through the rest of you day/night!!

Everyone ready for Monday? Well, except Pogo that is!!
    Thanks!!

Yup -- at least it'll mean I'm home! (well, at 8am, but close enough...)

Bad news for those of you that were waiting for dark chocolate brownies. DD16 forgot to put the eggs in, and we are now making batch number two.

I guess if nobody's up when they are done, there is more for me. Who's staying up past their bed time?
    You can just slide a few right this way....

Anybody have a question I can borrow? I've asked so many the past hour I'm done...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question....How in the world do you use PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS?????

I'm going crazy over here trying to figure out how to use the thing!

I think I'm going to have to zoop into the library tomorrow to check out a book on how to use it!

Post Thanks / Like

ZOOP!
    We've had the flu
    Lots of to all of you!

Today's line up is church, breakfast, yard work, pool, , and ribs on the grill. What's everyone else up to ???
    We had ribs for dinner too! The hot air balloon pilots that Robert crews for had an appreciation dinner for their crew, and they served ribs.

My DH would LOVE to go to this! He loves his pickles!
    So does mine! Sometimes, I think he's pregnant because he has "cravings" for a particular type of pickle. Lately it's been for bread & butter pickles.

i think i might talk to the vet about an antianxiety medication. not long term but maybe shortterm.
    Is the medication for Sarah or for the dog?

Sarah, have you tried going out and leaving Scooter inside? Maybe she'd go out the door if you were outside calling her.

The game's been going on a good long time now. I can't remember exactly how long, but I'd say at least 6 years.

Welcome! So, what kind of cookies did you bring us?

Rhonda, How's the foot and the project?
    Both are doing better, thanks! The big toe that had the ingrown nail is starting to heal up, and the nail that was barely hanging onto the other big toe finally came off and I have half of a new nail now. And, the project is stable enough that I took the entire weekend off (including tomorrow).

Hope everyone has a good night!
    Last edited by Beast_fanatic; 08-18-2008 at 12:24 AM.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope you guys are having a good night -- things here are busy, but good. I'm staying on the Motrin/caffeine train and hopefully, it'll get me through the night! I'll check in again later...
    clean it out for me, please.

Because I have something special planned for you.

something special just for me, how sweet. what was it supposed to be?

The brownies are in the oven. Dark Chocolate. They will be ready in about 20 minutes. Any takers?
    yes, please, yes. need chocolate.

Okay, I started this post an hour ago and here I am, finishing it.... they're still fighting and now I'm in the middle -- I hate being in the middle!! Kate, wait 'til you hear the story.... suffice to say Rosina was in charge....

I'll check in later, if I can....
    say no more, i hate when she's in charge. hope it gets better. i have an exciting day planned- get the brakes fixed on the car and get blood drawn at the doctor . i don't mind blood at all(good thing, given what i do) but the nurses at this office **** at drawing blood. i would rather do it myself. i got stuck three times last time. oh well, everyone has to learn. just call me a human pincushion. good night all.

kate
    p.s. can we have blueberry pancakes for breakfast?
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

clean it out for me, please.

say no more, i hate when she's in charge. hope it gets better.

p.s. can we have blueberry pancakes for breakfast?
    I'm trying -- there may be hope....

Well, I won, but it took a trip up to 8 to try to talk sense, 2 phone calls to Sean and quite a bit of maneuvering people that should've been maneuvering themselves, or at least making helpful suggestions. So, I'm still on 7 -- we've all got 6 pods, but it's not bad.

Hope today is good for you -- and yes, we can have blueberry pancakes... sounds perfect!! Would you like (homemade Wild Maine) blueberry syrup with them??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers, and here's the coffee and hot water for tea hot chocolate and other hot beverages to go with those blueberry pancakes. And of course the juices and sodas for those of us who who drink cold beverages even in the winter time.
    Anyone arriving at the world within the next 48 or so hours? Just know that your park time will be on the wet side. From what I've heard and read it's suppose to rain for the next 3 days. It's a good thing I've got rain gear. Anyone up for a flight on Astro Orbitor?
    Even when it's raining we still check on seat/safety belts and collect those boarding/cards from those who are flying even when it's raining out. But why does Fay(sp) have to come so close to the world? Do you suppose I'm a bit whiny today? probably not eh?
    Have a magical day
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

It's Monday!

The day we've been waiting all weekend for!

```````````Well, maybe just Pogo...., right?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Scooter's a girl! I know, silly name, it was Mike's choice. I wanted to name her something Disney, he won on this one.

Anyone want any shepherds pie for dinner? Actually you guys are probably long done with dinner and unfortunately I don't have anything for dessert! Take care!!
    I actually thought that Scooter was a girl, but then thought I'd post the question just in case.

Love some shepherd's pie, haven't had any for a long time. Any left overs?

There she is, Ms. America! Whoops wrong song. Anyway glad that you decided to join this little group. You'll like it here I promise. Again remember to bring cookies and try to be nice to pogo and Alex. (Did I do good pogo?)

We leave Friday at 6am... and yes, we're headed to the southernmost "tip" of Maine, York. Have I mentioned I absolutely cannot wait to get away??
    I'm glad you deserve to have a fantastic vacation! Go and enjoy!

Yay for you, and yay for me I'll be there shortly after!!! If I forget to tell you have a great and safe trip!
    Thanks, and you have a great trip too.

I hate that with a passion, we have so much drama where I work it's unreal. Hope that it got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    So does mine! Sometimes, I think he's pregnant because he has "cravings" for a particular type of pickle. Lately it's been for bread & butter pickles.
    My mom just canned some bread and butter pickles the other day, about 10 pints worth. Those are yummy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Anyone arriving at the world within the next 48 or so hours? Just know that your park time will be on the wet side. From what I've heard and read it's suppose to rain for the next 3 days. It's a good thing I've got rain gear. Anyone up for a flight on Astro Orbitor?
    Even when it's raining we still check on seat/safety belts and collect those boarding/cards from those who are flying even when it's raining out. But why does Fay(sp) have to come so close to the world? Do you suppose I'm a bit whiny today? probably not eh?
    Have a magical day
    Sandy, good luck with the weather, just glad to know that Fay will be long gone when we arrive.

Are you working next Sunday the 24th or Tuesday the 26th? I'll be in Magic Kingdom both of those two days. Maybe I'll see you around.

So hopefully, keeping fingers cross that today is the day that I finally get my new TV. It's been 18 days since the lightening strike and so far nothing in regards to a check. But we found a good set in the Sunday ads and it was cheaper than the others. We are going to look at it today and hopefully I can bring it home. I want to get my Tivo back up and running again. Do you how small those people from Olympics are on a 13" TV set?
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: