Quantcast Just Questions--No Direction. - Page 54

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1089
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon all. it's a beautiful day here with an excellent forecast for the weekend which is unheard of because it is a Bank Holiday weekend and that usually means rain! Did someone say Global Warming?

Clotted cream is much nicer than double cream. Not sure what they do at GF tea as I haven't done it yet. You usually get your cream in a litle pot, rather like in the picture Jennifer shared. The crust helps keep the cream fresh and yummy.

This weekend is our Village Fair. They will be having duck races on the river, snail races and tug of war amongst other entertainments. The church will be open too and we have a little display of the work that is being done to restore it and we are putting together a CD of slightly different religious music to play.

I think they may be offering the VIP viewing to all the Teppenyaki diners they are moving but it is still a jolly nice thing to get.

Slight, but not very satisfactory update on the Disney position: "We appreciate your message. Based on the nature of your comments, I
    have forwarded your message to our Member Satisfaction team for further
    review. You may expect to be contacted again with regard to your
    message within 5 business days." That was about the time I posted about this but I don't think I will be waiting 5 days as time is getting short for a solution.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    The computer had been sick all week, shutting down on it's own and such.. but no one in our IT department would listen to me.. so when it wiped out yesterday, taking my orders with it.. well... they found out what kind of temper this little redheaded italian has! They snagged a computer off of an unused desk for me and it then took most of the afternoon to reconfigure it to a workable state.
    HOW TERRIBLE!!!...you almost missed a day of Intercot!

I think we're ready to move the bus to another locale. Is everybody ready to start packing?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    HOW TERRIBLE!!!...you almost missed a day of Intercot!

I think we're ready to move the bus to another locale. Is everybody ready to start packing?
    Even worse.. you guys almost missed a day of ME!!!!

I'm all packed and dreading, er, um, I mean ready to go!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Did someone say Global Warming?
    I understand the National Weather Service is going to investigate JQ to see if all the hot air that comes out of here is affecting the climate.

Have I mentioned that today is my 31st anniversary? Coincidentally, it's DW's 31st anniversary as well.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Driving to Marcellus on Saturday to visit a friend. I wonder if they are around the corner from Blythe. Shall I swing by your place Pogo and pick you up? Nah, just kidding.
    But wouldn't it be worth it to see the look on her face ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    TGIF!!!

Gee, Pogo, I thought golf was play...you were just saying it was work as an excuse!!! I wish I could work like that!!
    More business is done on the golf course than in the office. So that's what makes it work.
    Let's see..... I'm leaving work at 4pm today to rush home to take my DH out to dinner for his birthday. We are going to Abuelos. Tomorrow we will sleep late, then run errands, then in the evening I have arranged a surprise 'get together birthday party' for my DH at Donatos Pizza. Then Sunday is Church day... AM service and PM service... is that vicariously living enough for you?
    Is that all you do is eat ? God.... I just gained two pounds by reading about it !

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    You're forgiven... but we will have to find a way to hook up one of these days...
    Yes we will.... if our schedules ever match up.... I promise !
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    You know what happened yesterday? Brian got a phone call from Disney Dining who wanted to let us know that our ADR for Teppenyaki could not be honoured (we knew that -- but did not cancel the ADR yet wondering if we would be contacted with an alternative). Brian told the CM that we had already made an alternate dining arrangement, but he appreciated her call. She said -- "Well, we would like to give you and your family some VIP passes for Illuminations for your trouble." --- So, we have VIP passes for the Monday night of our trip. We will be dining at Spoodles over at the Boardwalk that night, so it is just perfect. What a lovely surprise! Illuminations is my favourite nighttime show -- and we'll have two special viewings of it in one week (the other being the Intercot meet). Harry was still talking about it today. He said "Mom! I can't believe that we are going to be VIPs! Do you think anyone else will be there?" So -- that's my happy thought for the day.
    Congraulations Cousin...... And thanks for rubbing it in, again !

pogo Guest

Have I mentioned that today is my 31st anniversary? Coincidentally, it's DW's 31st anniversary as well.
    How long..... 31 years ?
    Congratulations to you my friend............. and my condolences to your DW !

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS FRIDAY! Di has a new puter, Jenn and family are going to be VIPs, Deb will soon have several new sources of , Pogo is taking the weekend off from golf (is that a good thing?), progress is being made on Christine's house, Alex is readying for a trip to the Great North, Blythe is making us all scones, Lynne is being entertained by 3 12-yr olds... sounds like all is good with the world! And here's some for those who have need of it!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Why ? I thought your house was in NY State ?
    It is in NY state... except now it looks like the Bowery and I'd like it to look more than Park Avenue.

Ellen -- a word to the wise. You might not want to say SHOE OUTLET too loudly in these here parts. You might just end up with an extra shopper on your hands!
    All visitors are welcome and I'd love to have more shoe shoppers around... they can keep each other entertained.

Let's see..... I'm leaving work at 4pm today to rush home to take my DH out to dinner for his birthday. We are going to Abuelos.

How about the JQ Cleaning crew come and help you wreck, er, I mean, clean up your house? Hope you have a great time! Eat the Tuscan Chicken at Rainforest Cafe for me! YUM!
    Happy birthday to your DH! I'll check out your Tuscan Chicken at RFC.

And please send the wrecking crew... if you wreck a wreck, it may actually improve it.

Yup... blueberry ones today... the cream's on the counter and the jam's in the fridge -- Wild Maine Blueberry or Raspberry Peach Champagne. Enjoy!!
    Are you sure your name isn't Martha?

Later, all!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Would Figaro count as Bashful? Or maybe his 'owner'?

Could you guys give me a bit of pixie dust for a problem I am having with disney at the moment? I want to give them a chance to fix it before telling the world what they have done but pixie dust should help! Thanks!
    Of course you can have pixie dust! and you know Figaro may be the right pick!

Since I've got a Juris Doctor, I guess we could stretch and call me Doc. Anybody (Pogo) taken (Podo) Dopey (Pogo) yet (Pogo)? Have I told you about my class in sublimnal messaging?
    I'm guessing your taking it not teaching it?
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    I asked Jenn,Gnat, Carol and Lynne, but for some reason they didn't want to go to Canada. Must be too cold.
    It's too cold where your going that's for sure!!

[QUOTE=pogo;1396695I think we might go to the State Fair to see the Outlaws at Chevy Court or whatever they call it now. I like seeing old friends. Sorry for pulling your leg. /QUOTE] Is that a group or your in laws?

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Sunday it will be to the local shoe outlet and a great discount store that's located here in my neighborhood (they have another location across the way from Ground Zero). I'll make the coffee for the morning crowd. Can someone bring me a Red Bull for the afternoon?
    What does red bull taste like? and did you say shoes...and discounts??
    Ellen -- a word to the wise. You might not want to say SHOE OUTLET too loudly in these here parts. You might just end up with an extra shopper on your hands!
    And this is bad how? I'm not picky about housework after all.

: Harry was still talking about it today. He said "Mom! I can't believe that we are going to be VIPs! Do you think anyone else will be there?" So -- that's my happy thought for the day.
    This is neat! I'm so glad your looking forward to the lemonade from your lemon!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe!

You know what happened yesterday? Brian got a phone call from Disney Dining who wanted to let us know that our ADR for Teppenyaki could not be honoured (we knew that -- but did not cancel the ADR yet wondering if we would be contacted with an alternative). Brian told the CM that we had already made an alternate dining arrangement, but he appreciated her call. She said -- "Well, we would like to give you and your family some VIP passes for Illuminations for your trouble." --- So, we have VIP passes for the Monday night of our trip. We will be dining at Spoodles over at the Boardwalk that night, so it is just perfect. What a lovely surprise! Illuminations is my favourite nighttime show -- and we'll have two special viewings of it in one week (the other being the Intercot meet). Harry was still talking about it today. He said "Mom! I can't believe that we are going to be VIPs! Do you think anyone else will be there?" So -- that's my happy thought for the day.
    What great news!! That'll be so fun... I am so looking forward to seeing Illuminations, as we missed it last trip -- and you get to see it twice!!

Slight, but not very satisfactory update on the Disney position: "We appreciate your message. Based on the nature of your comments, I
    have forwarded your message to our Member Satisfaction team for further
    review. You may expect to be contacted again with regard to your
    message within 5 business days." That was about the time I posted about this but I don't think I will be waiting 5 days as time is getting short for a solution.
    Sending more that this gets resolved for you!! Otherwise, it sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead of you!!

Congrats on your 31 years together!! Where are we headed to celebrate??

But wouldn't it be worth it to see the look on her face ?
    Don't laugh... we'd welcome you with open arms, a round of nearby, bbq'd steaks on the grill and plenty of and to go around. Now - how about that trip, guys??

Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS FRIDAY! Di has a new puter, Jenn and family are going to be VIPs, Deb will soon have several new sources of hugs, Pogo is taking the weekend off from golf (is that a good thing?), progress is being made on Christine's house, Alex is readying for a trip to the Great North, Blythe is making us all scones, Lynne is being entertained by 3 12-yr olds... sounds like all is good with the world! And here's some pixie dust for those who have need of it!

Nope... I just buy the jams, I don't make 'em... anyone ever heard of Stonewall Kitchen? They're based out of York, Maine, and their jams are to die for.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

First of all on 3500 !

I knew I could get your attention. You've been ignoring me lately.
    I just realized that sign was for me... I wasn't watching my posts, and had no idea what you'd posted that for!! Thanks, neighbor!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Even worse.. you guys almost missed a day of ME!!!!

I'm all packed and dreading, er, um, I mean ready to go!
    I thought I had covered everything but I guess not..since your not using bashful what one would this statement have you under?

Congrats!! that's fantastic!

More business is done on the golf course than in the office. So that's what makes it work.
    Why is it you hardly ever hear a women say this? and yet they can still do business? HMM....

Later, all!
    Hey I had someone who I've never met (one of those co-workers in a different area things) call me on how to cook scallops and shrimp. Doesn't that count as a Martha moment?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this originally! Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Drummerboy! May you have many more wonderful years together!

I'm reading "Sideways" right now. Anyone else read it? I believe it was written after the movie (which I never saw -- but will now!). It is such a great read! I am also pre-ordering the Passporter for travelling with Disabilities. When my dad called the other day (they are in England currently), he expressed an interest in renting a house next summer and doing the world with us. Mom couldn't handle our pace for sure -- but I would love to have as much info as possible before we went. I need more books!!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that all you do is eat ? God.... I just gained two pounds by reading about it !
    (
    NO! If you read the WHOLE post you would also know that I sleep!

Congrats to the Drummerboys!!! Here's to 31 years more! And you chose such a wonderful day to get married - it's my DH's birthday also! Why don't you guys join us for dinner? It'll be my treat! We're going to a mexican restaurant called Abuelos...

Happy birthday to your DH! I'll check out your Tuscan Chicken at RFC.

And please send the wrecking crew... if you wreck a wreck, it may actually improve it.
    I'll pass your wishes along to my Dh! And if you go with the Tuscan Chicken I KNOW you'll love it! My mouth is still watering just thinking about it!

Ok everyone! You heard her - we have an open invite to come and 'work' on her house!!!

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post

What does red bull taste like?
    It probably tastes the same as any other bull, but being red would tell me it's in it's raw state...

Hey I had someone who I've never met (one of those co-workers in a different area things) call me on how to cook scallops and shrimp. Doesn't that count as a Martha moment?
    Why didn't you direct her to post in the Water Cooler under the Cooking with Intercot?

I'm reading "Sideways" right now. Anyone else read it? I believe it was written after the movie (which I never saw -- but will now!). It is such a great read! I am also pre-ordering the Passporter for travelling with Disabilities. When my dad called the other day (they are in England currently), he expressed an interest in renting a house next summer and doing the world with us. Mom couldn't handle our pace for sure -- but I would love to have as much info as possible before we went. I need more books!!!
    How many more books do you need? What kind are you looking for? That would be so much fun for you guys to rent a house and explore the world like that! I hope it happens for you!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;Why didn't you direct her to post in the Water Cooler under the Cooking with Intercot?[/QUOTE]

Cause she's a he? And I don't think they do disney..actually very few of my collegues (in commercial) are women..like maybe 1 in every 10 or so. Perhaps it's the golf thing?
    Natalie

pogo Guest

Is that a group or your in laws?
    You are young, aren't you ? No... it's a country - rock group from the 80's.

Did you hear that guys ? ...... we can knock one off before October.

We are on our way Ellen.

:
    Don't laugh... we'd welcome you with open arms, a round of golf nearby, bbq'd steaks on the grill and plenty of beer and marg to go around. Now - how about that trip, guys??
    Hear that Alex ? Got time to stop on the way to Canada? I'll meet you there.

I just realized that sign was for me... I wasn't watching my posts, and had no idea what you'd posted that for!! Thanks, neighbor!!
    You are very welcome !

Why is it you hardly ever hear a women say this? and yet they can still do business? HMM....
    That's an easy question.
    They're too busy buying shoes !
    I am also pre-ordering the Passporter for travelling with Disabilities. When my dad called the other day (they are in England currently), he expressed an interest in renting a house next summer and doing the world with us. Mom couldn't handle our pace for sure -- but I would love to have as much info as possible before we went. I need more books!!!
    Call me if you need help with your Mom, Cousin. Patti and I might be able to schedule a trip around the same time. It would be nice to meet your Mom and Dad.
    It probably tastes the same as any other bull, but being red would tell me it's in it's raw state...
    So I guess you could call it... Red Bull Tar tar ?

Cause she's a he? And I don't think they do disney..actually very few of my collegues (in commercial) are women..like maybe 1 in every 10 or so. Perhaps it's the golf thing?
    Ah yes.... they'd be the SMART ones.

Post Thanks / Like

You are young, aren't you ? No... it's a country - rock group from the 80's.
    That's an easy question.
    They're too busy buying shoes !

Ah yes.... they'd be the SMART ones.
    Yes..very funny..and if you mean the women yes again. (today's are pink stilletto's by the way since I have a cocktail party to attend this afternoon after work..)

Now where did we put the coffee?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Christine, how did the "meet the teacher" evening go?
    It went lovely, thanks! Her teacher is very nice and Olivia did know some kids in her class. It looks like a really good bunch! Best news...my request was honored about not putting her in the same room with the little *&#(% that was beating her up last year!

Have fun catching up with your friend! And let me know about "Bitten". I have heard the collection is adorable and really inexpensive!!!

Mikki, I am so sorry about your Disney woes! I hope they rectify the problem to your satisfaction immediately!

Carol, great news about your new grand neice or nephew!

Blythe, I hope you find your cream. I know all too well the pain of a hard to find addiction. Mine are atomic fireballs! There are only two stores within a 30 mile radius that carry them! I have to ration my supply until my next trip! Think they sell it in the UK at Epcot??? (the cream, not the fireballs)

Di, to your DH!

Ken, happy anniversary to you and the Mrs.!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Call me if you need help with your Mom, Cousin. Patti and I might be able to schedule a trip around the same time. It would be nice to meet your Mom and Dad.
    You are too sweet! Actually, Mom is very little work (she doesn't ask for much, and enjoys all she has!) ... BUT she likes her down time...quiet time.... time to put her foot up. (she would laugh at that, as she has one prosthetic leg ). The problem is usually with heat -- because she is always sedentary, she gets so hot around the middle where her pants and top meet....

Is it hot where you are Cousin? Muggy is the word of the day in these parts! Are you working out by the pool this afternoon??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Mine are atomic fireballs!
    My mind is a flurry of images right now. What, pray tell, are atomic fireballs??????
    Yes..very funny..and if you mean the women yes again. (today's are pink stilletto's by the way since I have a cocktail party to attend this afternoon after work..)
    Be mindful of the stiletto heel AFTER the adult beverages Nat! Have fun! (Will there be canapes?)

Post Thanks / Like

My mind is a flurry of images right now. What, pray tell, are atomic fireballs??????

Oh my...where do I begin???
    Atomic fireballs are delightful cinnamon jawbreaker candies that are so hot it's a true test of strength to keep it in your mouth the entire time! Then at the end, there is a soft sugary reward!

Oh, and congrats on the VIP viewing! Tell Harry I want his autograph when I meet him!
    Kids are so cute...I remember when Happy Limo picked us up at MCO one time and they didnt' have any more sedans so we got an actual limo. Olivia thought she was one hot cookie that day! She even donned her shades!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero