Quantcast Just Questions--No Direction. - Page 53

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1089
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    I want to try Clotted Cream, so where near the world will I be able to purchase Clotted Cream?
    The Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian offers "Freshly Baked Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves" as well as "strawberries with cream." Mikki and Jenn, have either one of you been to the tea there? Is the cream they refer to re: these dishes, "clotted cream"?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Pogo, did you golf today?
    Why, yes I did and I did well. I shot an 86 and I really enjoyed the 19th hole the most ! Plus I think I've found a new business partner to help fill out my agency ! We are going to run some numbers (Where's Banker Babe when I need her ?) and get together again tomorrow. That means another round of golf..... Geesh !

Did Alex ask you to go with him to Canada ??? He didn't ask me either.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd almost forgotten that we saw The Lion King in Raleigh in the last year--one of the DGCs' birthdays. It was wonderful.

Since I've got a Juris Doctor, I guess we could stretch and call me Doc. Anybody (Pogo) taken (Podo) Dopey (Pogo) yet (Pogo)? Have I told you about my class in sublimnal messaging?

Did somebody mention miniature golf (what we call putt-putt)? We're not far from Myrtle Beach, where's there's tons of it.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I also believe it was established a few posts back that Pogo was claiming Dopey!
    I thought the one with the dragonfly in her hair is Dopey, Di!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Isn't Alex a used car salesman ?
    That's Mr. used car salesman to you bub!
    Did Alex ask you to go with him to Canada ??? He didn't ask me either.
    I asked Jenn,Gnat, Carol and Lynne, but for some reason they didn't want to go to Canada. Must be too cold.

What makes the cream clot?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

I'm too shy to be Dopey !
    (cough, cough) Shy,(cough, cough) you? Hey I have prime beach front property, do you want to buy some?

Here's some for you Mikki!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Clotted Cream! Very yummy, especially on scones with Jam.
    The Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian offers "Freshly Baked Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves" as well as "strawberries with cream." Mikki and Jenn, have either one of you been to the tea there? Is the cream they refer to re: these dishes, "clotted cream"?
    That's exactly how I've been having it... on scones, but haven't tried it w/ jam as well. Sounds yummy!! The cream I have is Devonshire Clotted Cream -- wonder if it's the same kind Disney uses?? It is really good... I've got Dan and now my friend who visited today hooked on it... I think I sense an addiction starting!! I'm going to try to find some at one of our local grocers who seems to carry EVERYTHING... if I can't, I just may take you up on your smuggling offer, Jenn!!

How's everyone doing tonight? I'm a bit tired... houseful of 5 girls, all b/w the ages of 6 an 11, for the day.... they had a ball, but their mom and I were ready for a by dinnertime!! And just as we were about to take them to the lake, it thundered and then stormed... so we were house-bound all day, too.

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm working, so not much fun for me... can I live vicariously through somebody else??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm working, so not much fun for me... can I live vicariously through somebody else??

I actually have the weekend off!!! Getting my hair done on Saturday, have a belly dance workshop on Sunday, and I'm hoping to get at 4 Christmas stockings done in the meantime!!! Then I'm only working 3 days next week and then heading off to Ottawa on Thursday for a couple of nights.

While I'm there anybody want any Beaver Tails?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

That's exactly how I've been having it... on scones, but haven't tried it w/ jam as well. Sounds yummy!! The cream I have is Devonshire Clotted Cream -- wonder if it's the same kind Disney uses?? It is really good... I've got Dan and now my friend who visited today hooked on it... I think I sense an addiction starting!! I'm going to try to find some at one of our local grocers who seems to carry EVERYTHING
    Do you have Dan holding his pinky finger in the air as he eats it ?

DW and I are driving to Marcellus on Saturday to visit a friend.

Sunday is for God and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I actually have the weekend off!!! Getting my hair done on Saturday, have a belly dance workshop on Sunday, and I'm hoping to get at 4 Christmas stockings done in the meantime!!! Then I'm only working 3 days next week and then heading off to Ottawa on Thursday for a couple of nights.
    Good for you..... now you can drive your DH .

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have Dan holding his pinky finger in the air as he eats it ?

DW and I are driving to Marcellus on Saturday to visit a friend.
    Nope... he's too busy stuffing the scones in his mouth to worry about what his pinkies are doing...

So - are you driving to visit me??? (Where does your friend live? It'd be pretty funny if it they were around the corner from us... too bad I'm sleeping all day...)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

pogo Guest

First of all on 3500 !

So - are you driving to visit me??? (Where does your friend live? It'd be pretty funny if it they were around the corner from us... too bad I'm sleeping all day...)
    I knew I could get your attention. You've been ignoring me lately.

Would you believe I was just kidding you ?

I think we might go to the State Fair to see the Outlaws at Chevy Court or whatever they call it now. I like seeing old friends. Sorry for pulling your leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you..... now you can drive your DH .
    It's not a far drive to get him

No golf for you this weekend?

Just had to share some good news...I got an email from my neice today with a couple of pictures of my grandniece. She has a tshirt on that the front says.."I have a secret" and on the back it says, "I'm going to be a big sister!" I'm so excited!!! This means I'm becoming a great auntie 2 times between October and April!!! So I'll be a great auntie 3 times!!! My DD says she doesn't want any kids so I'll enjoy the neices and nephews babies..that is exceptable, isn't it?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I ran our firm's internal communications for Latin America and became friends with a colleague in Costa Rica. Once my role changed in 2002, we still chatted online from time to time. Well, a few weeks ago she told me that she was coming up here (but not on firm business), so I invited her to come stay with us over the weekend. She wants to go SHOPPING! At first I thought DS would still be at our friends' house but he's been missing me way too much, so tomorrow I'm going to out to Long Island. We're going to take the kids (her 4 and my 1) to Build-A-Bear Workshop and then to lunch. I have to send out a special issue of my newsletter before I leave and when I get back, it will be crazy cleaning time! On Saturday we'll go out to Jersey to have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (which is how we'll bribe DS to come shopping with us), and then to a new chain, Steve & Barry's (they carry Sarah Jessica Parker's line, Bitten, and Marbury's line). Sunday it will be to the local shoe outlet and a great discount store that's located here in my neighborhood (they have another location across the way from Ground Zero). I'm looking forward to finally meeting her, but now am just stressed about the state of my house.

I'll make the coffee for the morning crowd. Can someone bring me a Red Bull for the afternoon?

Carol, cute announcement. I'm guessing creativity runs in the family, eh? I love my grand nephews! I have two and they're a lot of fun.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Is everyone glad it's Friday? I know I am.

Here's some donuts to go with the coffee Ellen's making, and a six-pack of Red Bull is chilling for later for you Ellen.

Have a great day gang!
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

pogo Guest

Good morning all...... what a wonderful day we have today. I can't wait to get going.

No golf for you this weekend?

Do you expect me to work on the weekend too ?
    I'm looking forward to finally meeting her, but now am just stressed about the state of my house.
    Why ? I thought your house was in NY State ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I love Fridays..... It gets me one day closer to Monday !

Post Thanks / Like

Is it Friday already? Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it Pogo?

Congrats Carol!

Driving to Marcellus on Saturday to visit a friend. I wonder if they are around the corner from Blythe. Shall I swing by your place Pogo and pick you up? Nah, just kidding.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

TGIF!!!

Gee, Pogo, I thought golf was play...you were just saying it was work as an excuse!!! I wish I could work like that!!

Have fun shopping, Ellen!!!

My neice is a little creative, but not like me. My SIL isn't very creative at all, she has started quilting to make her grandchildern baby quilts. I talked to my SIL yesterday and she said that my niece had bought the tshirt on Ebay. After work tonight I put up a link up so you guys can see them.

Anyone ready for cookies this am?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    I want to try Clotted Cream, so where near the world will I be able to purchase Cotted Cream?
    Clotted cream, Devonshire cream, double cream..... ask your grocer -- you may be surprised....
    I have never been there, but they are the same thing. You take a scone (pronounced scon), cut it in half, add a dollop of cream, then a dollop of preserves. I could eat a hundred of them -- but that wouldn't be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    What makes the cream clot?
    I have attached a link that explains the process -- and a picture of the proper form....

Mikki -- I am sending you a TON of with the hope that the Disney magic goes your way! I hope it all works out!

Congratulations to you and your neice Carol!

Ellen -- a word to the wise. You might not want to say SHOE OUTLET too loudly in these here parts. You might just end up with an extra shopper on your hands!

Any scones left??
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Sorry I 'vanished' yesterday.. I had to attend a funeral - of my computer... yep.. it kicked the bucket yesterday.. taking FOUR of my orders with it! Luckily I was able to remember who they were and my co-workers recalled them. The computer had been sick all week, shutting down on it's own and such.. but no one in our IT department would listen to me.. so when it wiped out yesterday, taking my orders with it.. well... they found out what kind of temper this little redheaded italian has! They snagged a computer off of an unused desk for me and it then took most of the afternoon to reconfigure it to a workable state. Anyway...

Let's see..... I'm leaving work at 4pm today to rush home to take my DH out to dinner for his birthday. We are going to Abuelos. Tomorrow we will sleep late, then run errands, then in the evening I have arranged a surprise 'get together birthday party' for my DH at Donatos Pizza. Then Sunday is Church day... AM service and PM service... is that vicariously living enough for you?

Sunday is for God and family.
    Amen to that!!!!

Just had to share some good news...I got an email from my neice today with a couple of pictures of my grandniece. She has a tshirt on that the front says.."I have a secret" and on the back it says, "I'm going to be a big sister!" I'm so excited!!! This means I'm becoming a great auntie 2 times between October and April!!! So I'll be a great auntie 3 times!!! My DD says she doesn't want any kids so I'll enjoy the neices and nephews babies..that is exceptable, isn't it?
    Congrats on the good news! My brother and his wife did something like that... they gave my parents a picture of their first daughter (their first granddaughter) and in the picture she was wearing a shirt that said "I'm gonna be a big sis".. it took my parents a few minutes to realize the meaning of the shirt - but it was funny when they did. They still have the picture!

I'll make the coffee for the morning crowd. Can someone bring me a Red Bull for the afternoon?
    How about the JQ Cleaning crew come and help you wreck, er, I mean, clean up your house? Hope you have a great time! Eat the Tuscan Chicken at Rainforest Cafe for me! YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF
    (does that tell you anything? )

I love Fridays..... It gets me one day closer to Monday !
    Yep, Pogo is the one that fits the Dopey suit!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I could get your attention. You've been ignoring me lately.

Would you believe I was just kidding you ?

I think we might go to the State Fair to see the Outlaws at Chevy Court or whatever they call it now. I like seeing old friends. Sorry for pulling your leg.
    You're forgiven... but we will have to find a way to hook up one of these days... Dan's clubs are ALWAYS in his car....

Congrats!! What a cute way to tell everyone... sounds like you're going to have some to do!!

A few years ago I ran our firm's internal communications for Latin America and became friends with a colleague in Costa Rica. Once my role changed in 2002, we still chatted online from time to time. Well, a few weeks ago she told me that she was coming up here (but not on firm business), so I invited her to come stay with us over the weekend. She wants to go SHOPPING! At first I thought DS would still be at our friends' house but he's been missing me way too much, so tomorrow I'm going to out to Long Island. We're going to take the kids (her 4 and my 1) to Build-A-Bear Workshop and then to lunch. I have to send out a special issue of my newsletter before I leave and when I get back, it will be crazy cleaning time! On Saturday we'll go out to Jersey to have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (which is how we'll bribe DS to come shopping with us), and then to a new chain, Steve & Barry's (they carry Sarah Jessica Parker's line, Bitten, and Marbury's line). Sunday it will be to the local shoe outlet and a great discount store that's located here in my neighborhood (they have another location across the way from Ground Zero). I'm looking forward to finally meeting her, but now am just stressed about the state of my house.
    Have fun!! Sounds like an awesome weekend... and I'm sure she'll be so happy to be visiting, she won't care how perfect your house is! But, if you're like me, you'll still need that Red Bull and plenty of prep time -- have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I have never been there, but they are the same thing. You take a scone (pronounced scon), cut it in half, add a dollop of cream, then a dollop of preserves. I could eat a hundred of them -- but that wouldn't be a good thing.

Any scones left??
    Yup... blueberry ones today... the cream's on the counter and the jam's in the fridge -- Wild Maine Blueberry or Raspberry Peach Champagne. Enjoy!! (I don't have 100 of them, but you can have as many as you'd like... ... virtual calories and all....)

How's everyone doing this morning? It's supposed to be a hot one today, although not as bad as some of you have had it... only 94! I was going to take the girls to the Fair, but we're going a few times next week, so I think we'll head to the a/c and do a little school shopping, instead. What's everyone else's day have in store??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe!

I gotta stop procrastinating. I am preparing for an External audit right now...and it is DULLLLLLLL! Thank goodness for Intercot!

You know what happened yesterday? Brian got a phone call from Disney Dining who wanted to let us know that our ADR for Teppenyaki could not be honoured (we knew that -- but did not cancel the ADR yet wondering if we would be contacted with an alternative). Brian told the CM that we had already made an alternate dining arrangement, but he appreciated her call. She said -- "Well, we would like to give you and your family some VIP passes for Illuminations for your trouble." --- So, we have VIP passes for the Monday night of our trip. We will be dining at Spoodles over at the Boardwalk that night, so it is just perfect. What a lovely surprise! Illuminations is my favourite nighttime show -- and we'll have two special viewings of it in one week (the other being the Intercot meet). Harry was still talking about it today. He said "Mom! I can't believe that we are going to be VIPs! Do you think anyone else will be there?" So -- that's my happy thought for the day.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: