Quantcast 6 year old picky eater

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6 year old picky eater

My son is a pretty picky eater.
    we are going w/ a group of 8--10 next june, and we can't just plan everyone's dinner/lunch around my son.
    So will they allow us to bring in food for my son? He loves fruit/fries/yogurt/vegetables. will they let us go to a fruit stand or something and bring that into the resturant?

Thanks.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! You are allowed to bring food into the parks. They just don't allow glass containers. As far as sit-down restaurants go, they will always accommodate. Just tell your server what your son likes (plain pasta, salad, chicken fingers, etc.) they will make it.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Yes! You are allowed to bring food into the parks. They just don't allow glass containers. As far as sit-down restaurants go, they will always accommodate. Just tell your server what your son likes (plain pasta, salad, chicken fingers, etc.) they will make it.
    Not all restaurants can make these things. If they don't have the ingredients then you may be out of luck. Don't assume that they will. I assume you've checked all the kids menus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwdavis2 View Post
    Not all restaurants can make these things. If they don't have the ingredients then you may be out of luck. Don't assume that they will. I assume you've checked all the kids menus.
    Every restaurant will have the basic staple of pasta, lettuce, and some sort of meat. Most kids menus reflect this. Just like if you go to any restaurant in the world, you most likely can ask for something simple like plain pasta or grilled chicken breast. My recommendation would be to call ahead and ask, but I'm pretty certain they will.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an adult and a picky eater. You can those things everywhere. Exception, I've never tried that at the sushi place as I only get sushi. Maybe I'm not that picky.. I am asian though..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It could be a good time to urge your son to expand his horizons? Instead of bringing something in, why not strike a bargain? Maybe ask that he tries something off the menu at the restaurant with the caveat that if he doesn't like it, you'll get him something more to his liking afterwards? Most of the time, my picky eater ended up actually liking what she ordered and it was a good way to end the pickiness.

But I understand that it might not be the time to get adventurous if traveling in a group. In which case, yes, they are usually pretty accommodating at restaurants. I think it's rude to bring in outside food, but they are really good about making something that would cater to special requirements, and they probably wouldn't scoff at outside food, either, under the circumstance.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have traveled to the World since being a baby and I was and still am a very picky eater. If you explain what you need to the CM I am confident that the chef will gladly put together a plate for him. Disney is all about being kid friendly and I have never had any issues. And while I have personally seen food specially prepend the hardest locations would be one of the dinner shows or cuisine specific such as sushi. Buffets would of course have the most staple options for him but as long as you see the ingredients paired in other meals I am sure it could be made plain or simplified.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It could be a good time to urge your son to expand his horizons? Instead of bringing something in, why not strike a bargain? Maybe ask that he tries something off the menu at the restaurant with the caveat that if he doesn't like it, you'll get him something more to his liking afterwards? Most of the time, my picky eater ended up actually liking what she ordered and it was a good way to end the pickiness.

But I understand that it might not be the time to get adventurous if traveling in a group. In which case, yes, they are usually pretty accommodating at restaurants. I think it's rude to bring in outside food, but they are really good about making something that would cater to special requirements, and they probably wouldn't scoff at outside food, either, under the circumstance.

Thanks for the offer, and I agree for the most part. but.

1. he's not afraid to try things, he will try anything, he just knows what he likes. He's hard headed like his mother.
    2. I have discovered one thing at WDW, it is not the time or place to bargain, lol.....he gets mad, i get mad, my wife gets mad....lol...

thanks everyone for the suggestions
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

In recent years the official Disney website has gotten much better. Now under Things To Do, from the tool bar on the top of the opening page, just a click away is "All Dining". There you find all restaurant locations listed. Find the place you are interested in and when you go to it you will now find View Menus. I have been pleasantly surprised to see just how detailed the menus are, including the kids options. As most have posted if they have things listed that your son will eat they will mix and match to get what he would like.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: