Quantcast Gates at Resort Pools

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gates at Resort Pools

I had heard of gates going up at some of the Resort Pools that are card or band activated. Can someone tell me the Resorts that have installed such gates? And has the Splash Pad Area at Port Orleans opened yet?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge - not sure about others.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Pop century, art of animation, are both done.
    I believe all will be done by this summer. (CM relayed info), being done for liability concerns, in conjunction with expanded lifeguard shifts.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Both Port Orleans pools.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Does this include all the quiet pools, and are they already done at Port Orleans?
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat willy View Post
    I had heard of gates going up at some of the Resort Pools that are card or band activated. Can someone tell me the Resorts that have installed such gates? And has the Splash Pad Area at Port Orleans opened yet?
    Sounds like you won't be pool hopping!

Post Thanks / Like

None of the quiet pools at any of the resorts have the fences. Only the lifeguard pools have them.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    None of the quiet pools at any of the resorts have the fences. Only the lifeguard pools have them.
    The Oasis pool at the Poly is gated
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The Oasis pool at the Poly is gated
    I stand corrected. I think that is a first for a quiet pool.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I stand corrected. I think that is a first for a quiet pool.
    Having seen pictures of the new pool area, it is really almost a second feature pool, with hot tub, snack/pool bar and limited poolside bar service (from 11:30-5:00). Only thing missing is a slide.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

12. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club Stormalong Bay pool has gate.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

there is NO pool hopping anymore at the Polynesian Village. Pools are for the sole use of guests staying at that resort only, including DVC members. Expect this trend to continue.

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, we have been among it's many passengers."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdw538884 View Post
    there is NO pool hopping anymore at the Polynesian Village. Pools are for the sole use of guests staying at that resort only, including DVC members. Expect this trend to continue.
    It's not a trend for non-DVC since pool hopping has never been allowed. I would saw the jury may still be out for other DVC pools though. The number of DVC members traveling to other sites just to swim is probably minimal. I get a ban on the Poly because the resort is so small. DVC-ers wanting a break from MK, but not wanting to go back to their resort can still choose GF and BLT as options.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    Pop century, art of animation, are both done.
    I believe all will be done by this summer. (CM relayed info), being done for liability concerns, in conjunction with expanded lifeguard shifts.
    That may be part of it but it's because of Florida law which requires at least 48" high fences. Disney pools were grandfathered and didn't need fences. However, when a pool is refurbed it loses it grandfathering and they must install a fence. All new pools must have a fence.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    It's not a trend for non-DVC since pool hopping has never been allowed. I would saw the jury may still be out for other DVC pools though. The number of DVC members traveling to other sites just to swim is probably minimal. I get a ban on the Poly because the resort is so small. DVC-ers wanting a break from MK, but not wanting to go back to their resort can still choose GF and BLT as options.
    Can anyone not staying at BLT actually get into the BLT pool? That pool has been gated for a while now.

I also think it's a trend that will continue over the coming years. A gated pool with Magic Band access will make it pretty straight-forward that only guests at a particular resort can use that pool. The DVC "perk" is likely to go away. But to be honest, for as much discussion as there is about pool hopping, I just don't see it as being that big of a deal to swim at your own resort. Do people really need/want to do it that much? There are other DVC perks being taken away that I'll miss much more than pool-hopping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Can anyone not staying at BLT actually get into the BLT pool? That pool has been gated for a while now.

I also think it's a trend that will continue over the coming years. A gated pool with Magic Band access will make it pretty straight-forward that only guests at a particular resort can use that pool. The DVC "perk" is likely to go away. But to be honest, for as much discussion as there is about pool hopping, I just don't see it as being that big of a deal to swim at your own resort. Do people really need/want to do it that much? There are other DVC perks being taken away that I'll miss much more than pool-hopping!
    My point precisely. I don't think that many people are pool hopping. As it stands now though, you should be able to go to BLT and get access to the pool, Magic Band or not.
    Beth & David

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: