Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
I emailed WDW after we got home from the trip and expressed my concerns. I told them that I thought it was a safety issue allowing that many people in, especially with small children. If a situation would have arisen, something as simple as a disatisfied guest causing a scene; it could have led to people pushing and shoving, knocking people over onto small children or a panic. Do yourself a favor. If you ever arrive at the park and they say it is almost to capacity and they are only allowing resort guests in, turn around and go do something else.
Excellent points - especially about safety. We were in MK in the middle of July and noticed the crowds getting worse and worse around noon. We heard people saying the park was closed to all except resort guests. It was an ordeal to get back to the buses in the shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. I kept thinking "don't fall down" because you'll be trampled.

Disney has surely revamped their park limits since that time. But your last suggestion is the best. Turn around and go somewhere else if the park is at capacity.