Quantcast Loaded Gun Found On Dinosaur attraction at AK - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Believe it or not, there are plain clothed undercover sheriffs in each WDW theme park... This incident shall pass... Disney may now have to be more strict with baggage checks... I'm fine with that... If this "responsible" gun owner caused his own demise for his stupidity, I'd probably laugh honestly... Harsh, I know... But hey, I laugh at stupid...

Funny thing is, you are safer in a Six Flags theme park (oh my the WDW fans may have a heart attack I just said that!!!)...
    Did 6 flags have an incident in the past with violence? I know 6 flags/great adventure in NJ is a solid place to be...lots of fun for us northerners...

If he caused his own demise wouldn't that be a Darwin award winner (like the guy who played Russian roulette with a semi-automatic, or the poacher who shot a deer on a cliff above him, and the deer fell and took him out...)

I do not think it is necessary for people to have a weapon in a place like Disney (same for any other amusement park). It is not about the second amendment or defending one self.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, there are plain clothed undercover sheriffs in each WDW theme park... Of course they cannot keep their eyes on everything and everyone but they are already there...

This incident shall pass... Disney may now have to be more strict with baggage checks... I'm fine with that... Just thankful no one was hurt, especially any children.. If this "responsible" gun owner caused his own demise for his stupidity, I'd probably laugh honestly... Harsh, I know... But hey, I laugh at stupid...

Funny thing is, you are safer in a Six Flags theme park (oh my the WDW fans may have a heart attack I just said that!!!)... They not only pat ya down (at least last time I was at my local Six Flags they did), but they also run a hand held metal detector scanner over your body... One trip, I remember, I had to empty my pockets because the security felt my wallet and cell phone... Not a problem, took all of 10 seconds and did not ruin my day...
    You are 100% right. My DD works at the local six flags and they have metal dectors at all the entrance gates.. You can not get in until you are clear. Yes they ask you to empty pockets and take off shoes if need be. No one seems to mind and it does not take long at all.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it doesn't come to having airport like security procedures at Disney Park entrances, but I think Disney can't just do nothing after this incident. The Boston Marathon bombing shows that there are always crazies out there who have an "agenda", whether political or personal, and no place would get one more news coverage and "fame" (infamy) than a Disney Park. As the Boston incident proves, just having children and families present is no deterrent to people with twisted ideas.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    True! It wouldn't ruin my day either. If it means increased safety for my family, you better believe I'm in!
    But hey, I'm still going to MK on Sunday!
    What would ruin my day is some gun totting nut job deciding to use guests as target practice cause those darm COMMIES are coming for their guns!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Did 6 flags have an incident in the past with violence? I know 6 flags/great adventure in NJ is a solid place to be...lots of fun for us northerners...
    Honestly, not sure.. Possible they did... They do draw a lot fo teenagers, and let's face it, a lot teenagers think it is cool to act like a thug, and what do thugs do? Act like gang members... It wouldn't shock me to read a past incident... But then again, the current security protocols may have been put in place after 9-11... I really don't know..
    [quote]
    If he caused his own demise wouldn't that be a Darwin award winner (like the guy who played Russian roulette with a semi-automatic, or the poacher who shot a deer on a cliff above him, and the deer fell and took him out...)[quote]

Movie for you to watch regarding this: The Darwin Awards... Funny movie yet so true..

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    You are 100% right. My DD works at the local six flags and they have metal dectors at all the entrance gates.. You can not get in until you are clear. Yes they ask you to empty pockets and take off shoes if need be. No one seems to mind and it does not take long at all.
    Never had to take off my shoes... Actually, never witnessed security doing that to anyone... It actually takes longer for the employee to scan your ticket, or for the machine to, and for the turn style to let you through than the "intrusive" security check...

One thing people always seem to ignore: people scream about increased security and taking away freedoms... Well, 1) you are entering private property as a paid guest, you do not have the ultimate right (freedom) to enter said property... In order to do so you must follow their rules... Don't like it, stay home... 2) increased and "invasive" security is only a problem with people until they or their family members are victims of a crime because of lax security...

If, say, this idiot from yesterday had a death wish and went on a shooting spree killing an innocent person (or several).. and one of the killed was a member of family who loves to scream about increased security taking away liberties and freedoms... How fast would said family run to the media to blame Disney for lax security and sue Disney? They would lawyer up before the body was cold.... Then they would be screaming for increased security...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Carowinds here in Charlotte if I remember correctly has metal detectors, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with Disney having them if it would keep freaks like this guy out.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they're probably way more concealed firearms in the park than most would want to believe. Disney simply does nothing to prevent them. I also don't think anyone with a CWP is paranoid or stupid for carrying. However, this guy lacked serious common sense. I haven't read the article, but someone mentioned his gun slipped from his pocket? That's straightforward stupidity and it makes the rest of the permit carriers looks as inane.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I believe they're probably way more concealed firearms in the park than most would want to believe. Disney simply does nothing to prevent them. I also don't think anyone with a CWP is paranoid or stupid for carrying. However, this guy lacked serious common sense. I haven't read the article, but someone mentioned his gun slipped from his pocket? That's straightforward stupidity and it makes the rest of the permit carriers looks as inane.
    Finally a voice of reason... A lot of over reacting going on in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

What would ruin my day is some gun totting nut job deciding to use guests as target practice cause those darm COMMIES are coming for their guns!!!!

I seriously chuckled out loud at this. My FIL buys into a lot of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Disnamic Duo View Post
    Finally a voice of reason... A lot of over reacting going on in my opinion.
    Meh, if me wanting stronger check points at mass people places makes me over-reacting...I'm good with that. Just call me Miss Paranoid
    Last edited by Terra; 05-30-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: change a wrong word
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Our last trip he commented how easily it would be for someone carrying a small firearm to walk through the "no bag" line. Now it makes me wonder just how many people do....
    This is what I was wondering. Disney will no doubt ramp up their security checks for bags, but they're not doing anything to check the no-bag line. Walking in with a pistol in your shorts under your shirt would be pretty easy. Instead, we have guards making sure we don't have an uzi in our diaper bags.

As far as this guy goes, I can't say I blame him. Usually the most dangerous places are "no gun" areas. That means some thug knows no one can stop him/her. As for the gun being loaded, what good is a gun if it ain't? As for the comments concerning his "nut job" government-fearing behavior, I'll point you to a movie where the only people who carry guns are from the government. It's call Schindler's List.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Did 6 flags have an incident in the past with violence? I know 6 flags/great adventure in NJ is a solid place to be...lots of fun for us northerners.
    Yes Six Flags Great Adventure did have a Gun incident in the past. A gun was found in a womens bathroom. The gun got in from a season ticket holder entrance that did not have metal detectors.
    The ticket entrance was closed and now everyone goes through the metal detector even employees.

I see no problem with having some added security. I would not mind taking a few extra minutes to be safe in the parks.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for being the voice of reason.
    Apparently this guy didn't have his handgun holstered properly.....although a .380 is meant to carry in-pocket, there are plenty of non-slip pocket holsters that would've kept it from coming out of his pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneypastor View Post
    Thank you for being the voice of reason.
    Apparently this guy didn't have his handgun holstered properly.....although a .380 is meant to carry in-pocket, there are plenty of non-slip pocket holsters that would've kept it from coming out of his pocket.
    Doesn't matter if it was holstered properly or not... And apparently, it was only in his pocklet.. Carrying a weapon, even concealed, is against Disney park policy...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

..... a RESPONSIBLE gun owner would 1) not carry it into a theme park full of kids, or 2) had it holstered properly, not just in his pocket...
    From an earlier post of yours.

I realize it is against Disney policy....I was simply referring to how it could have come out of his pocket.

And you have made it quite clear as to how you feel about gun owners in earlier posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneypastor View Post
    From an earlier post of yours.

I realize it is against Disney policy....I was simply referring to how it could have come out of his pocket.

And you have made it quite clear as to how you feel about gun owners in earlier posts.
    Doesn't change the fact this guy was an idiot... I'm sure there are plenty of RESPONSIBLE people holstering their gun properly while in a WDW theme park despite it being against park policy... I still feel that you have to have a problem to feel the need to carry your gun into a theme park full of kids... Sorry, that's how I feel... Protect your home? Fine.. No issue what so ever... Feel the need to have to carry it every where you go? Yea, sorry, I don't agree and feel most of those people are 'fraid da guvernment gunna git 'em...

Post Thanks / Like

Disclaimer - I really know nothing about guns, except for what I see on TV or read about.
    The thing about this I simply can not get my mind around are the hollow point bullets. To me that just seems like someone who has taken his own safety way overboard, if that really was his intent. But for all I know that could well be what everyone is using now.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you.

DH and I have CWP's, and carry, and we are not paranoid or stupid. We also have zero fear of the government coming to "git" us. In fact, we don't really fear anything!

And no... we don't carry them into the parks.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Disclaimer - I really know nothing about guns, except for what I see on TV or read about.
    The thing about this I simply can not get my mind around are the hollow point bullets. To me that just seems like someone who has taken his own safety way overboard, if that really was his intent. But for all I know that could well be what everyone is using now.

They are illegal in NJ unless you are in law enforcement. Other states do not have as strict regulations regarding them.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't post much on this site but I felt I had to respond to this post. I am a CCW holder as well and carry every where I LEGALLY can and no I am not afraid the government is out to get me. It is to protect my self and my family. I would never dream of carrying in a crowded amusement park when there are already incredible safety measures in place especially Disney. I believe this man was extremely irresponsible and should have lost his CCW permit. As to hollow points being more dangerous it is actually quite the opposite. They expand so that they would not penetrate and possibly hit an innocent bystander (as gruesome as this sounds).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    They are illegal in NJ unless you are in law enforcement. Other states do not have as strict regulations regarding them.
    In Canada, this guy would've been tossed in the clink the second he was found. We don't allow people to play the "Ohhh, you didn't know this isn't allowed?" card at any point in time. It is so weird to see how different places have different laws. Around here, carrying a gun on your person (unless you're an officer of the law) has people assuming you're a bad person out to cause trouble.
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    Around here, carrying a gun on your person (unless you're an officer of the law) has people assuming you're a bad person out to cause trouble.
    Yep, that's way different than what legal carriers around here believe.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: