Quantcast Beer and wine to be served at Be Our Guest - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I did not read every single post here, but I still want to add my two cents.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are at least borderline alcoholics. I personally drink wine when I have Italian food, and on an exceptionally hot day I will have ONE beer, if its frigidly cold. I just do not understand why so many folks think that their day is incomplete without an alcoholic fix.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGlutton View Post
    DHS is also on my list of parks without good food as I'm not a Brown Derby fan. AK's only good restaurant is Yak & Yeti. We actually find it hard to schedule lunches in the respect that Epcot is chocked full of good places, with scant few elsewhere. While the resorts and their signature dining are awesome, they're not open for lunch. They're also not always convenient, but I am digressing way too much, lol
    I'm right there with you on this one. We could hang out.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    OK, I did not read every single post here, but I still want to add my two cents.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are at least borderline alcoholics. I personally drink wine when I have Italian food, and on an exceptionally hot day I will have ONE beer, if its frigidly cold. I just do not understand why so many folks think that their day is incomplete without an alcoholic fix.
    No one here said anything about "needing" an alcoholic drink.

I don't "need" a dark chocolate covered caramel square from Karamell Kuche every day, either, but if they started selling THOSE property wide, I'd have them more often. It's about taking part in something that brings people pleasure. For some, it's a good coffee. For others, a good smoke. And, for many, a drink every now and then.

The bottom line is, some people like to drink. Some don't. The choice exists elsewhere at WDW, so it really makes no sense why MK should be any different.

And, before we go guessing what "Walt would have thought", I ask to anyone who is over 40 years old: Do you think the same way NOW as you did 40 years ago? People's opinions are often not static for the duration of their lives.

I used to think I would NEVER want to get married and I would NEVER, EVER have children. Look at me now, not even 20 years later...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I have a serious question for everyone: Would your day at MK (or vacation even ) be ruined because wine and beer are being served in a place you may or may not dine in, providing you with a choice to order or not???
    Fine question, but what about this? Would your day at the Magic Kingdom be ruined because you do not have access anywhere in the park to alcohol? It hasn't seemed to hurt attendance any. Every question has two sides.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Like I said earlier, based on that wine and beer, I highly doubt people are going to buy enough $17.00 glasses of French wine to get them sloshed for the evening at MK. That list actually makes me a little lol.
    What about the $8 & $9 glasses?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCRKTW459 View Post
    on a side note - Disney food is typically not very good. I'll be curious to "see" (taste) how the food measures up. If it is typicaly bad like most everywhere else (or at least mediocre), is wine and beer really necessary to compliment the meal if it's not good? Or will it just be to dull the senses into thinking it's good. :-P
    I'm not trying to debate or shoot down your opinion in any way, just politely disagree. While the food at the quick service places has its ups and downs, I honestly have to say that I enjoyed every single sit-down meal at WDW on our recent trip. I did not have a bad meal, or a single mediocre food item at any sit down restaurant this or pretty much any trip.

I'm thinking you must have a much more sophisticated pallet than I do!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Wine/Beer with dinner is fine.

Wine/Beer stands throughout the park is not fine. I definitely do not want that to start.

Ditto this!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Fine question, but what about this? Would your day at the Magic Kingdom be ruined because you do not have access anywhere in the park to alcohol? It hasn't seemed to hurt attendance any. Every question has two sides.

It is a fair question... But those people who wanted some kind of adult beverage in MK didn't and don't cause a fuss or scream end of the world because they couldn't get a drink... Therefore, someone can say vacations aren't ruined... However, people are acting like the world is ending because MK will serve wine and beer during dinner in 1 restaurant... Therefore, it appears vacations will now be ruined even though the ones complaining are surrounded by alcohol everywhere else they go on property...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

There are an awful lot of people who love WDW for the tradition. I have to say, I hate IASW, but do I think it should be changed or removed? No, it is a WDW tradition. How many people frequent COP anymore? not as many as used to, or as many as many other attractions. Do I think it should be razed? No, it is a WDW tradition. I realize things change an I am ok with it in most cases. I really think no alcohol in MK is a tradition that should be messed with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    What about the $8 & $9 glasses?

I still don't think anyone will be ordering enough wine or beer, especially the wine or beer listed on this particular menu, during dinner time, to be sloshed walking through the parks. The selection listed is for savoring and for enhancing the tastes of the foods being served. Those beers listed are specialty beers, most of which only particular taste buds could handle. I personally think everyone is making a huge todo about nothing. The sky is not falling, and in time, everyone will see it will be just fine, no one will be drinking enough alcohol to be trampling their kids on the way to ride Pirates. And I think it's a far cry for everyone to assume all of a sudden margarita carts are going to pop up in the middle of the Fantasyland. But, again, it's all personal opinion.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    There's a part of me that says the Magic Kingdom should retain its "dry" tradition. The other part of me realistically comes to the conclusion that beer and wine at this location is no different from dining at Kona Cafe, the Wave, Narcoosee's and any of the other surrounding restaurants that serve alcoholic drinks before entering the Magic Kingdom with alcohol on board.
    But those are *resort* locations - OUTSIDE of the Magic Kingdom.

Yes...Walt *did* allow alcohol at Club 33 - but, that was a *very* exclusive location (for Walt's guests and VIP's; you can't just walk up and ask for a table) - membership required (and a seven-year waiting list...) - and it ain't cheap. The other three Florida parks already serve alcohol - there's no need for it at Magic Kingdom in my opinion.

Interesting story:

When Walt was scouting for a location for his "new park" in the early to mid 1960's, one location was to be St. Louis. Augie Busch (of Anheuser-Busch) was going to be one of the largest supporters. When Augie asked Walt if he was going to serve alcohol at his new park in St. Louis, Walt replied, "Certainly not. It's a family park." Augie then asked Walt how he was going to make any money by *not* selling alcohol, and Walt basically told him to "shove it". That's how/why the "new park" ended up in Florida. Walt did not want any alcohol in his "Magic Kingdoms".
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

So, just want to know, if I post my opinion in this thread, will it get shut down? I'm new here on Intercot, and over at another place, a thread discussing this issue was closed. Just wanted to make sure before I ask any questions, or say something that is potentially offensive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dailyprincessme View Post
    So, just want to know, if I post my opinion in this thread, will it get shut down? I'm new here on Intercot, and over at another place, a thread discussing this issue was closed. Just wanted to make sure before I ask any questions, or say something that is potentially offensive
    Welcome! And, absolutely not. Opinions are welcome. Personal attacks, insults, judgmental and argumentative posts are not. Keep it friendly, and no worries.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first post, I have been a lurker for years but wanted to comment on this.

I am a huge fan of WDW and Walt left a great legacy, but I think the knee-jerk reaction of "What would Walt have done?" sometimes sugar coats the man.

He was not perfect. Quite frankly, if the original vision for his Epcot was followed to the letter, Disney would very likely be bankrupted because his idea was very utopian and unsustainable long term.

As far as alcohol in the MK, it is an initial shock. Heck, even the alcohol cups they sell in the parks do not have the MK logo on them, lest the castle be associated with beer..however, the rest of WDW resort is alcohol soaked. Let's face it, the alcohol available in the resort gift shops rival some of the hotels in Vegas, and Epcot just about markets alcohol as part of the experience

Hoop De Doo Revue and the Luau have been all you can drink for ages, they are still family friendly. At the MK, now they the genie is out of the bottle, I am sure red wine in Tony's and champagne in the castle is not far behind, but it's not like there will be kegs on Space Mountain.

I would say outside of the boards and Disney fans, if you took a general poll of guests, no on would blink an eye either way, and its a money maker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Those beers listed are specialty beers, most of which only particular taste buds could handle.
    Not wanting to cause a stir or argue in any way. But, one of the beers listed on the menu is Hoegaarden. It is a rather popular beer around here in the local restaurants and watering holes. It has been copied by one of our American breweries and can be found in almost any gas station as "Blue Moon."
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Welcome! And, absolutely not. Opinions are welcome. Personal attacks, insults, judgmental and argumentative posts are not. Keep it friendly, and no worries.
    Thanks I wanted to post on this matter because it really bothers me. I have friends/family who specifically go to EPCOT to get drunk or "tipsy" drinking "around the World". Are these same friends going to go to MK to drink? Maybe not to get drunk, but I'll bet you they will go just to drink at BoG. Being a non-drinker myself, I have gone with these same friends, and just felt uncomfortable, but gone just because they're my friends (and my younger sis), and I love them. MK is the one place I didn't have to worry about this! I'm not kidding! I've been the one to take the kids to go "do something else" (kid-friendly) while my friend and sis went to get drinks at EPCOT. I would rather not have to worry about family/friends at least in ONE PARK. It would just be nice. I'm by no means calling anyone "drunkards" or "judging" anyone for their choices to drink. Just saying it would be nice to have some things stay as they are, and make everyone feel included.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I was also wrong... My bad... Club 33 opened after Walt died...
    Yes it opened after his death but it was his idea, actually he got the idea fom VIP lounges at the 1964 World's Fair. But the folks in here trying to say Walt would hate the idea or asking what would Walt do, do not pay homage to him at all. Walt's ideas were for the world as it was 46 years and more before.

The world has changed and if one thing is clear Walt stated clearly that the parks would constantly change and never be finished. His own history says he would change and adapt Disney parks to the expectations of his guests. He did thatwith Disneyland from opening day to 1966.

What would Walt think? No one knows, he isn't here. But it's an absolute certainty that his ideas would be informed by the norms and customs of the current times and not stuck 46 years ago.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    Not wanting to cause a stir or argue in any way. But, one of the beers listed on the menu is Hoegaarden. It is a rather popular beer around here in the local restaurants and watering holes. It has been copied by one of our American breweries and can be found in almost any gas station as "Blue Moon."
    I never argue just share opinions. The original Hoegaarden has distinct flavor differences from Blue Moon. Hoeegarden is still a particular Belgium type beer requiring the right taste buds to enjoy its flavors. But I agree as more people become fond of unique and or craftier beers, the tastes seemingly do start to get copied along the way.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Yes it opened after his death but it was his idea, actually he got the idea fom VIP lounges at the 1964 World's Fair. But the folks in here trying to say Walt would hate the idea or asking what would Walt do, do not pay homage to him at all. Walt's ideas were for the world as it was 46 years and more before.

The world has changed and if one thing is clear Walt stated clearly that the parks would constantly change and never be finished. His own history says he would change and adapt Disney parks to the expectations of his guests. He did thatwith Disneyland from opening day to 1966.

What would Walt think? No one knows, he isn't here. But it's an absolute certainty that his ideas would be informed by the norms and customs of the current times and not stuck 46 years ago.
    Thanks for the clarification... For some reason I thought it opened while Walt was alive, then I looked it up and found it opened after he died...

There are a lot of "traditions" Walt believed in during the 50's... Those "traditions" would be deemed hateful today... So, if the company were to follow Walt's 1950's traditions, then, well, wine in the MK would be the least of their problems as they would be in court constantly for discrimination cases...

Times change... This isn't Walt's Disney Company anymore...

Walt didn't like long hair or facial hair on male employees... That tradition has now been ended... Did the world end???

Women, at one time, weren't allowed to be bare legged as part of the uniform, having to wear stockings/hose... That rule, er, "tradition" has changed.. Again, did the world end cause Walt's "traditions" were changed??? No... And the world won't end cause some wine is being served in MK...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

"To beer, the cause of and solution to, all the world's problems. - Homer Simpson
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: