Quantcast Thanksgiving Week...are we crazy?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Thanksgiving Week...are we crazy?

I would appreciate advice/tips and warnings (If any..) about going to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. I've been to WDW the week before, but never Thanksgiving week.

Where is your favorite place to eat Thanksgiving lunch/dinner at in WDW?

Thanks in advance for your time!
    ~~ Lisa ~~
    You're of worth! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Trips to WDW: 6
    Trips to Disneyland: 8 plus.

John 3:16 is a place to start.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Please let us know how it turns out. I've never been that time of the year, since I do my best to go when the crowd estimates are low.

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been there that week and while I say it's not my ideal time of year to go, I think it beats Christmas and spring break as far as crowd levels (meaning, it has less crowds Thanksgiving week). It's pretty crowded, but we usually go the week after or earlier in November, so we usually are there for low crowd times. I don't have a Thanksgiving day restaurant, but I have heard some places do special menus on Thanskgiving. If I were going to be there for Thanksgiving day I'd probably do Liberty Tree - just because it's got the traditional Thanksgiving foods on a regular basis.

Once my kids get too old to be taken out of school for more than a couple days, I am thinking Thanksgiving week would be the best time of year for us. I don't do summer heat and I just think the prices/crowds of spring break and Christmas would be too much. From what I remember, Thanksgiving week is bearable (crowd wise). The crowds get worse as you get closer to the holiday and then the day after and Saturday are still pretty bad. My advice would be to get your favorite parks/attractions in early in the week and then just go with the flow the rest of the week.

Have a good trip!
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to WDW a few times during Thanksgiving Week. In all honesty, it is busy; but not too bad. I do avoid going to MK on Thanksgiving Day. We are having Thanksgiving dinner at BOMA's. It's delicious. I like this week as it's less time out of school for my daughter. You are not crazy for going this week!! Enjoy and have fun. If a park is too busy, hop to another park (providing you have park hopper passes). Utilize fast passes for the attractions you want most.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

How funny. I'm also going Thanksgiving week and having Thanksgiving dinner at Boma. Last time we went during Christmas week and while it was crowded I didn't find it undoable. I'm glad to hear that it'll be a bit less crowded for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately since one of my family members is a teacher we're pretty much stuck in going during peak season times.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

This will be our 5th trip during Thanksgiving week. As pp stated in the beginning of the week is not bad and then the more it gets closer to the holiday it gets crowded but not Christmas/New Years crowded.
    Then by Sunday the parks thin out again and we usually stay until the end of the folowing week so we can see some of the taping of the Christmas Show and Parade.
    We actually do a resort day on 'Thanksgiving or if the weather is good we head to the water park.
    Most TS have some sort of a traditional dinner - our family tries to find the most untradtional.
    In the past we had Ohana, Fulton's, Flame Tree and Flying Fish. This year we are heading to the Luau for Thanksgiving.
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been there... done that

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
    I would appreciate advice/tips and warnings (If any..) about going to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. I've been to WDW the week before, but never Thanksgiving week.

Where is your favorite place to eat Thanksgiving lunch/dinner at in WDW?

Thanks in advance for your time!
    I found Thanksgiving to be the busiest time I've even been. I've never been for spring break or Christmas, though. There will be lots of people.

As far as dining, we called 180 days out of Thanksgiving starting at 7 AM to try to get a table at Liberty Tree Tavern. Liberty tree serves turkey and stuffing. No go. We then tried Le Cellier. No go. We settled for Living Seas. We did eat lunch in the Land at EPCOT and got turkey and stuffing there counter service.

Highlight was MVMCP. If there is an offer for the Christmas Party at MK the week you're there, go for it. Less wait for rides.

Also, take warm clothes. One night, it hit 50 degrees!

Now we take our kids out of school (well, not the college girl - but when she was in high school we did).

Go with a plan. Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours if you can. Have fun!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)