Quantcast Does anyone know why lines are so long for January? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    I'm with the previous poster! We were there the 4th - 11th, and we've never seen mobs like there were this year. The tour groups were the absolute worst I've ever seen, and the lines at DHS were so crazy, that we just left. It was miserable. And we got there for rope drop!

Now I'm trying to figure out the 1st week of Feb for next year. I can't do these crowds again!
    Puzzled by these last two posts. We were there the 6th through the 11th and were walking on anything we wanted to do! We tried to avoid the marathon crowds, but had a really easy time! Only thing we didn't get fastpasses for in time was Toy Story Mania, but we just dragged in too late for that. We'd go again at this time of year. The tour groups we observed were not a problem.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubato View Post
    I also was unhappy to still be hearing Christmas music on January 11th. Our first day, it was a nice surprise, since we've never seen the decorations, but we were definitely done after 7 days of it.
    I totally agree, although it was a big disappointment for me. We were there over the long Marathon weekend, and saw some of the decorations coming down, but the music was still going strong. It's just too late for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I totally agree, although it was a big disappointment for me. We were there over the long Marathon weekend, and saw some of the decorations coming down, but the music was still going strong. It's just too late for that!
    We were also there Marathon weekend, but pretty much everywhere we went from DHS, Epcot, and YC was still in full strength Christmas mode. As for the line, we also had 90+ min waits for Soarin, while Mission: Space never got over a half hour.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

We were there from 1/7 to 1/17 and we had no problems getting on EVERY ride. The weekends were busy, don't get me wrong, and we saw lots of tour groups, but we avoided the busier parks and the groups as best we could and had a great time. The weekdays were just as good as last January with most rides being walk ons all week long. It wasn't until 1/15 that it started getting busy (after all the marathon crowds left on Monday that is). We showed up at opening on 1/16 at MK, rode everything by 11am with little to no wait, then hightailed it out of there for Epcot. The crowds were really surging in and I can't imagine how bad it would have been if we stayed. We came back after dinner to use a couple fastpasses and pick up our Christmas ornament. Big Thunder had a 70 minute wait DURING the MSEP. Very surprising. But we still got on in 5 minutes with FP. We also walked on to POTC 2x before leaving as Wishes started.
    They were obviously expecting large crowds as the park hours were extended that weekend. I know Touring Plans had Sunday listed as 7/10 for crowds, and it sure looked like it.
    I wouldn't hesitate to go back the same time in the future. Might not stay at Pop again though, as the buses were always standing room only, even at 8am. When we rode the 8am bus last year from WL we were always the only ones aboard. I know Pop is the largest resort, but wasn't expecting so many in line for the early bus.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. To me, a 20 minute wait is a long wait. I'm sorry, but I'm spoiled. I've never waited 20 minutes for any ride (we always FP TSM). So, to have rides with a 20-50 minute wait is insanely crowded to me. Some people will say that isn't crowded at all, but for me, it's crowded. We never had to wait for Mission Space, but there was a 50 minute wait for Rockin Rollercoaster! Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was down from 12/4 to 12/12. I noticed it was pretty busy for that time also. I was down for the week before Christmas in 07 and the lines were walk on. Not this time. Yes I know 4th and 5th were the days they did the Christmas parade for TV. We stayed away from the MK until the 8th and 9th. But the 8th were long waits every where and the 9th for MVMCP was sold out and the park was packed. I don't remember it ever being like that when I went MVMCP or MNSSHP back in 04 and 07. It was walk on the times before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    The crazy thing is that with all of the long lines, the park did not seem that crowded!
    The park didn't seem crowded because everyone was in a line somewhere.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubato View Post
    I guess it's all a matter of perspective. To me, a 20 minute wait is a long wait. I'm sorry, but I'm spoiled. I've never waited 20 minutes for any ride (we always FP TSM). So, to have rides with a 20-50 minute wait is insanely crowded to me. Some people will say that isn't crowded at all, but for me, it's crowded. We never had to wait for Mission Space, but there was a 50 minute wait for Rockin Rollercoaster! Yikes!
    Ooo! You are spoiled! 20 minute lines seem short & very manageable to me!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We used to go in the 1st or 2nd week of February. The parks were not crowded at all. President's Day week is a different story. Way too crowded.

We then tried going in September and loved it. DDP, great weather, short lines.

we were there this past October, right around Halloween and it was pretty crowded, but not bad.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

From what I'm seeing from tweets and such, WDW looks to be very busy again today.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

A 20 minute wait is short to me. I would never
    complain about it. We have been in January
    before and it was not crowded. We are going
    back in March so I am hoping that it is before
    most spring breaks. Can't wait to get back in
    the land of Mickey and the Magic!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We did our first January trip this year, the 4th to the 13th and had mixed experiences with the crowds.

Generally, they were on the lighter-side, but the Monday after the marathon was super-busy, to the point it was a little crazy.

But, like anytime at WDW, when we got up early and was at the park first thing, it was amazing what we got done in a couple of hours.

Plus, crowds or not, I LOVED being at Disney and not being crazy hot!!!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, I think cool temps make the crowds more tolerable. Crowded and Hot? You wont see me at WDW in the summer..
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    Yeah, I think cool temps make the crowds more tolerable. Crowded and Hot? You wont see me at WDW in the summer..
    The best part are the "cold" days. On two days last week the high was in the mid 50's and we barely saw anyone else the entire day at Ak and at DHS.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunderFan View Post
    The best part are the "cold" days. On two days last week the high was in the mid 50's and we barely saw anyone else the entire day at Ak and at DHS.
    Thats awesome!
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Generally, they were on the lighter-side, but the Monday after the marathon was super-busy, to the point it was a little crazy.
    So I guess giving the free admission that day to marathon finishers worked.

Still sorry I missed you Heather!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    From what I'm seeing from tweets and such, WDW looks to be very busy again today.
    I'm sure it depends on which parks you tour which days. I avoided Fantasmic days (which are ridiculously crowded normally) at Hollywood Studios, & avoided any park hosting p.m. EMH's (which are traditionally more crowded), & avoided Electrical Parade days @ Magic Kingdom, except for 1 day, which was def' more crowded.

I saw very little crowds except for the day we went to MK hosting the Electrical Parade.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: