Quantcast Croc flip flops or Fit Flops?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Croc flip flops or Fit Flops?

I'm planning on getting a new pair if flip flop type shoes for the summer and my trips to the parks. I just get too hot in socks and sneakers and would much rather wear sandals. Crocs are so comfy, I was thinking about trying a pair of the flip flop syle. I've also been reading a lot about the fit flops. I'm not really looking for toning, just a comfy sandal. Any suggestions?
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My dd was looking at possibly getting fit flops, but then she read reviews that the part that goes between the toes broke often. Not ok when they're at least $50 a pop. She normally wears Reef brand, and is probably just going to get another pair of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Have worn the croc "capri" flip flop to the world on two separate trips - would NEVER go without them again!!!! Being from NY, I MUST wear flips in FL. Wore these "capris" for 7 days straight - TWICE!!! No foot pain, no back pain, no irritation between the toes, no shin splints (which I have often had with my good Nike Airs on previous trips). They are reasonable at about $35, and super comfy with the little dots on the insoles to massage your feet.

Hope that helps!! Enjoy!
    Disneyluva

March 16 WDW off property
    April 15 DLR
    Feb 15 WDW off prorpety
    April 14 DCL and AKL
    March 13 DCL
    March 12 BC
    August 11 ASM
    January 10 GF
    April 09 BC
    November 06 GF
    January 05 GF
    February 98 Contemporary
    1978-1994 Many off Properties

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I bring my FitFlops every year and would never go without them. They are so comfy and perfect for those hot hot summer days! For added magic, buy a pair of Mickey FitFlops at the Emporium! If you walk on sand, you'll leave some Mickey silhouettes!
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Crocs???

Are you talking about the WDW crocs? U should go with Crocs but sooo not from WDW. A long time ago my little sister was walking as we headed to main street. Then, all of a sudden, both of her (sooo cute) green flip flops broke. She went on my dad's shoulders and we headed for the WDW crocs. And my dad is a germ freak so he would so not let us go bare feet, let alone touch the chain ropes while waiting in line! So we bought WDW crocs 4 like 30 bucks!!! It was a big waste of money. I mean you could get them at least 10 bucks cheaper at Target! Anyways, just go with Crocs from a non WDW store. Unless they give you blister like they do to me. Then I'd go with nice STURDY flip flops
    It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLuver91 View Post
    For added magic, buy a pair of Mickey FitFlops at the Emporium! If you walk on sand, you'll leave some Mickey silhouettes!
    This sounds fun
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I did fine w/ Mickey Crocs flops last year. But I bought some of the Mickey Fit Flops in the park & returned them w/in an hour. I'm a big flip flop wearer & the toning aspect was not the issue. They were just SO rigid between the toes & uncomfortable that they did not suit me. I've been wearing the Skechers Tone-Ups for the last couple weeks & will be taking them to the parks this year. Hope you find something that works just right for you!

Post Thanks / Like

fit flops all the way...i wear mine everywhere!!

Post Thanks / Like

I say fit flops or some form of flip flop only because after wearing crocs on a few trips I realized that they can get very very slippery on the inside and outside when wet and we all know how much it can rain at WDW, I have wipped out a few times from slipping in the inside of crocs or from the croc slipping on the wet ground... I switched to these great Nike flip flops that are super soft and cushiony and have neopreen as the thong between the toes which means no chaffing and no blisters as the neopreen is soft and spongee allowing for no skin irritation.

Post Thanks / Like

I've worn both the Crocs Capri style and FitFlops. Between the two, i prefer my FitFlops. I find that sometimes the little nubs on the Crocs get a bit irritating, especially where the raised ridge by the toe strap hits my foot. I also seem to wear the bottoms out on the Crocs Capris quickly, making them slippery on wet surfaces. The FitFlops are more comfortable for me. I have 3 pairs and never had a problem with the strap breaking (knocking on wood as I say this).
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I say neither. My preferred shoe is the Birki Caribbean Sandal. This is the best shoe, by far, for Disney.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I wore my croc sandals on Saturday. They were wonderful.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Fit Flops. I've had a pair of black ones for a couple years now (and have had no problems with construction) and just this past weekend bought a pair of the brown Mickey style. Can't wait to wear them all over the resort!!!

Highly recommend Fit Flops!

Post Thanks / Like

Keen Sandals all the way!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyluva View Post
    Have worn the croc "capri" flip flop to the world on two separate trips - would NEVER go without them again!!!! Being from NY, I MUST wear flips in FL. Wore these "capris" for 7 days straight - TWICE!!! No foot pain, no back pain, no irritation between the toes, no shin splints (which I have often had with my good Nike Airs on previous trips). They are reasonable at about $35, and super comfy with the little dots on the insoles to massage your feet.

Hope that helps!! Enjoy!
    OK, y'all help a guy out here. We're going to WDW in June, and I'm sick and tired of wearing my running shoes with socks, and getting blisters on my toes EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

I'm assuming that these crocs, sandals, and other shoes you are talking about are women's shoes.

So, what about a similar shoe for us fellas?
    Is just the standard croc shoe comfortable and good for all the walking? Does that keep blisters away? And, dumb question for those crocs - socks or no socks?
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Our past 3 trips to the world I have worn croc flip flops for 10 days. They are wonderful!! I have bad ankles and did not have one problem. I bring two pairs and switch them out every other day.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming that these crocs, sandals, and other shoes you are talking about are women's shoes.

Is just the standard croc shoe comfortable and good for all the walking? Does that keep blisters away? And, dumb question for those crocs - socks or no socks?[/QUOTE]

My husband wears the traditional croc when we go to WDW. He only brings the one pair and has no problems at all. He has a black pair and we bring black no show socks o wear just in case if he needs them.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinning Marathon Runner View Post
    OK, y'all help a guy out here. We're going to WDW in June, and I'm sick and tired of wearing my running shoes with socks, and getting blisters on my toes EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

Is just the standard croc shoe comfortable and good for all the walking? Does that keep blisters away? And, dumb question for those crocs - socks or no socks?
    Bought DH a pair before our last trip. He gave me that "I'm not wearing them" look. Once he tried them, he became a believer! Sign up for emails on the Croc's site. They run some great specials.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have always worn crocs in the past & never had a problem. Last yr on our first day I bought the mickey fitflops.....i never wore any of my other shoes the entire trip(10 days). They never hurt my feet once they are soooo comfy I plan to take them this year and im only packing one other pr of shoes for running.

7 days till im home!!!!!!
    1987 Orlando Vacation Resort
    1997,1999,2001 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
    2004 Disney Timeshare
    2005,2006,2007,2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena V
    Dec 2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Pop Century
    May 2010 Disney Cruise & Pop Century
    May 2011 Cruise on Dream & Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

FITFLOPS ARE THE GREATEST!! Honestly, I didn't know what shoe comfort was until I bought my pair, and I find every possible excuse I can to wear them!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW