Quantcast Fantasyland Refurb: It's Official! - Page 20

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the camp that thinks the speedway should stay but be updated in some way. Tomorrowland doesn't specify who's Tomorrow it is. I see the speedway as part of the kids future not necessarily an adults future.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that when DS's were younger they LOVED the Speeday! DH & I dreaded that line & we were bored stupid, but DS's just HAD to ride it! So me thinks lots of other little boys probably feel the same. But an update or retheming to that attraction would be great!

I think overall WDW has WAY more girlie themed experiences than boy attractions, but that doesn't really seem to be confined to WDW, it really seems to be everywhere! Example, take your youngish DS out shopping for a casual "nice" outfit - you get "dress" clothes or you get super casual. WDW knows where the money is, and capitalize on that, it's a business. I for one, would still love to see more "boy" things in WDW, but my DS's now 12 & 14 are beyond being interested in anything like character meals or experiences. But, as mom of 2 boys, I've always wished that there was more at WDW geared to just boys! But mind you, "they" never gave it a thought or felt like there was more for girls, they just love WDW! I think it's probably more a feeling of parents of little boys! Or maybe just me!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I would vote for a refurb of the Speedway too! Wouldn't want to see it go away.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, walls are now going up over in Fantasyland, running from TTF to Pooh's Playground... Apparently the area for The Little Mermaid ride has been dug out... Let me clarify that the walls appear to be blocking current backstage areas and not the inside of the park or Fantasyland itself...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Tired

I dont know about anyone eles but im tired of disney taking away what we have grown up with theres a time to just say stop.
    Im reallly tired of the fairies they've taken over and the movies didnt even do that well.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]
    " See the problem with you is that you take everything for granted" - Hoggel Labyrinth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Japangurlangel View Post
    I dont know about anyone eles but im tired of disney taking away what we have grown up with theres a time to just say stop.
    Im reallly tired of the fairies they've taken over and the movies didnt even do that well.
    Do you want Disney to remain stale and stagnant??? Or should they improve and move foward??? I miss a few things that aren't there anymore from my first trip, but I enjoy everything that replaced these things, or are brand new...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

All of these changes have me nervous but excited! LOL Thanks for the updates!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    All of these changes have me nervous but excited! LOL Thanks for the updates!
    Even though these changes aren't earth shattering, I am excited about them too.. I hope they are successful this summer... Maybe then TDO will realzie what makes Disney so special... Not budget cuts, not less bang for the buck.. But MAGIC!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this all happens, my DD just loved the Barnstormer but those plans mentioned in earlier post sound great. I can't wait !!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Do you want Disney to remain stale and stagnant??? Or should they improve and move foward??? I miss a few things that aren't there anymore from my first trip, but I enjoy everything that replaced these things, or are brand new...
    no i just am tired of the fairies they should include the Little mermaid ride thats on the dvd i would like to see rides for old movies that kids may not know. Plus do we really need two dumbo rides. what they should do is re-do test track because something is really wrong with it that it cant run for a whole day without breaking down.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]
    " See the problem with you is that you take everything for granted" - Hoggel Labyrinth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Born in the 90's...

Originally Posted by Japangurlangel
    no i just am tired of the fairies they should include the Little mermaid ride thats on the dvd i would like to see rides for old movies that kids may not know. Plus do we really need two dumbo rides. what they should do is re-do test track because something is really wrong with it that it cant run for a whole day without breaking down.
    I'm so tired of the fairies, too. I'm the same age you are and hate to see all the "new" stuff taking over, but we have to understand that a lot of the stuff that our parents grew up with went when we were growing up. Mickey's Starland was there before ToonTown, but they had to see it go. I wish they would've at least made ToonTown like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", but it's a tad late now. Anywho... We just have to go with the flow and HOPE that PH turns into a Wonderland theme. I love AIWL... =D

And as for TT, I know, it stinks. But it's half the fun wondering if your car is gonna break down on the hairpins!
    Last edited by DisneyLuver91; 02-19-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to cite quote
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Japangurlangel View Post
    1. The Little mermaid ride that is coming is BETTER than the one on the DVD...

2. Yes, there is a need for two Dumbo spinners... Dumbo remains extremely popular... two spinners will be crowd eaters...

3. Test Track is in Epcot and has nothing to do with Fantasyland... Epcot's day is coming...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLuver91 View Post
    I'm so tired of the fairies, too. I'm the same age you are and hate to see all the "new" stuff taking over, but we have to understand that a lot of the stuff that our parents grew up with went when we were growing up. Mickey's Starland was there before ToonTown, but they had to see it go. I wish they would've at least made ToonTown like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", but it's a tad late now. Anywho... We just have to go with the flow and HOPE that PH turns into a Wonderland theme. I love AIWL... =D

And as for TT, I know, it stinks. But it's half the fun wondering if your car is gonna break down on the hairpins!
    I want the same thing, but, it isn't going to happen...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLuver91 View Post
    I wish they would've at least made ToonTown like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", but it's a tad late now.
    Spielberg would have to OK that, and he won't, at least for a while.
    Jeff

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the Disney Parks Blog, groundbreaking took place on March 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ooooh...

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Spielberg would have to OK that, and he won't, at least for a while.
    See, I didn't even think of that! Geez, people on these boards are smart!
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Some info coming out last night at the D23 Anniversary party -

Mickey and Minnie's houses won't be eliminated

There will be notice before Toontown closes

No word on Barnstormer re-theme yet

Toontown train station will not move, will be re-themed

Princess meetings up to 10 minutes

Fantasy Forest opens fall 2012, Pixie Hollow fall 2013

Dumbo's may have water feature

Post Thanks / Like

I was also at the the D23 Anniversary Party and what I understood about Mickey's and Minnies House is that they won't be torn but could be relocated, but the Imagineer was not specific about where they would be moved to.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything I inquired about have led to Mickey and Minnie's house as going. There will be no more Toontown, not in MK anyway. I was led to think that there is a good chance a new Toontown will appear in DHS, complete with Mickey and Minnie houses...
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so I understand...everything should be complete by 2013. Right?
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: