Quantcast So unfair!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: So unfair!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default So unfair!!

Sorry, just a rant that I know my Intercotees will understand!!!

So...DH (who "tolerates" Disney and would prefer if we don't ever go back) comes home from work yesterday and says that one of the companies he buys from invited him and a coworker to go to their huge trade show in January...he "thinks" somewhere in Disney. ALL expenses paid, etc. etc. etc.

(you all know where I'm going with this, right? )

He doesn't know where exactly the trade show will be, so I pop on my laptop and do a little searching. I can't find any info for 2010, but 2009's trade show was at....

Coronado Springs!

Argh!!! My wheels start turning, how can Jenna and I get ourselves down there too? He tells me no way, and really he's right. The show is Wed and Thurs which means Jenna would miss more school, and forget about the cost...still, I would love to be able to head down there, even just to hang out at the resort and DTD! (OK, and maybe Epcot )

Thanks for listening!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I feel your pain. My daughter and son in-law are going to WDW in Dec. and they wont let me ride in the luggage in the plane.

Just a thought would there be anyone to take care of the young one that way you and DH could make it a short vacation for yourselves.

I have done this a couple of times and its really a stress reliever and an excellent way to have a little couple time. You could hit some nice restaurants and visit Epcot ( My favorite ).

Good luck on hoping for a trip
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    I feel your pain. My daughter and son in-law are going to WDW in Dec. and they wont let me ride in the luggage in the plane.

Just a thought would there be anyone to take care of the young one that way you and DH could make it a short vacation for yourselves.

I have done this a couple of times and its really a stress reliever and an excellent way to have a little couple time. You could hit some nice restaurants and visit Epcot ( My favorite ).

Good luck on hoping for a trip
    That's a nice thought, but there's no way we could pull it off...my brother and his wife kind of have my mom's babysitting time dominated, and Jenna would NEVER forgive us if we went to the world without her!

I suggested to DH that he ask his boss to put me on the payroll for 3 or 4 days so I would "qualify" as an employee, but that idea's not flying, either

He'll definitely be buying us lots of souvenirs, though!!!
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

Christi, Ahhhhh! Are you sure you can't go? Thats why we went in August. Whenever DH gets invited to a show, conference, to speak anything, and its at WDW, we go. They pay for a few of our nights, airport parking., some meals, it is a HUGE help. I would try every angle to somehow go along. That would be hard to have him go to WDW and you are not there along with him!! We are going back next August on a conference again, and to DL resort on a conference the following week. I think my DH knows I would have a heart attack if he went to WDW without me! Darn school, right? It is awfully hard to pull the kids and handle all the make up work. I wish you can find a way to go...and if not, maybe another time if you know of a conference in advance, you could plan your trip around that. Its a nice way to soften the expense of a WDW trip.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I am in pain for you too. How old is Jenna. When my little girl (now 16) was in grade school and middle school we cleared it with the principal and luckily took a few short trips. The school told me "we feel the experience of being with family is more important that what your daughter could learn in those couple of days". My daughter is a good student and had homework but it was sooooooo worth it.

Good luck "keep happy thoughts!!"
    POR 04/2018
    CB - 01/2018
    Contemporary - 12/2017
    Poly - 06/2017
    GF - 08/2009
    BW - 07/2008
    Contemporary - 11/2007
    Poly - 02/2007
    POR - 12/2004
    Contemporary - 12/2003
    Dixie Landing - 12/2002, 12/2001 8/2000
    Contemporary - 12/1999
    Dixie Landing - 5/1998, 5/1997

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Round Bale View Post
    I am in pain for you too. How old is Jenna. When my little girl (now 16) was in grade school and middle school we cleared it with the principal and luckily took a few short trips. The school told me "we feel the experience of being with family is more important that what your daughter could learn in those couple of days". My daughter is a good student and had homework but it was sooooooo worth it.

Good luck "keep happy thoughts!!"
    Jenna's 7, and in second grade...and she missed 5 days just last month for our annual trek to the world, so she really shouldn't miss any more...

But i was thinking, if this really happens for DH, DD and I could do a day of volunteer work for free passes to WDW... that would knock the cost down a bit!
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

Stow away!! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain - several times a year, I have to book trips for my employees to Disney properties - including Coronado Springs. I keep telling my bosses to send me instead, but so far they just aren't listening. It would be really great if you guys could get away for a short romp around the World!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    I feel your pain - several times a year, I have to book trips for my employees to Disney properties - including Coronado Springs. I keep telling my bosses to send me instead, but so far they just aren't listening. It would be really great if you guys could get away for a short romp around the World!
    I'm still working on it...with the disney chase offer that was just relased, I think we may be able to swing it. Airline prices aren't horrible...not great, but doable...and Spirit has a 6pm-ish flight leaving ACY, which means Jenna would only miss 2 days of school, instead of 3. I emailed Terrisue for prices, so we'll see... lots of and !
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

If your husband's company is paying his portion couldn't why couldn't you just stay in his room, or were he and the co-worker going to bunk together.

I say go for it!!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: