Quantcast Has Disney jacked up the prices for next year?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has Disney jacked up the prices for next year?

I was just shocked on how much the $$$ has changed from just a few months ago. In May my sister said that my niece wants to go back to WDW for her 21st B-day in Dec of 2010. Back in May I was fooling around on the Disney website pricing out a trip for 4 adults for this december. I just wanted to get a round figure to get an idea but had to do it for this December since the site would only do room only for Dec 2010. To make a long story longer... The price for 10 days at CSR with 10 day park hopper, and dinning plan plus airfare came out to about $5000....About what i figured. I just was playing around again and the price has gone up almost $2000.... Looks like they really jacked up the prices for the dinning plan.... Now it's almost $4500 for room, tickets and dinning plan...geesh, plus add $2000+ for airfare..... Not sure if we can afford to go now.....
    DISNEYLAND - Every year since 1967. Grew up 20 minutes away.

December 05 - WL
    December 07 - Pop Century
    December 10 - CSR

400 miles to Disneyland and 2850 miles from WDW!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more, I noticed the same thing. We head down 4 times a year and now we are just doing 2 longer trips. For the 2 of us its well over 3k for 12 days where in the past I would spend no more than 1.5k for trip, dining, hotel, park hopper, tix, car rental and air. Not sure whats going on but at this rat etheir profits will continue to plummit. Anyone know what the heck is up with airfare?!?!?! I always came down from Buffalo to Orlando nonstop via Southwest for under $90 one way now its jacked up to $160 regardless of when I come down and they have cut nonstop flights from 3 to 2. Not the only airplines doing this and the prices are mad everywhere. Very upsetting.

Post Thanks / Like

In Nov 2005 I took my then future DW to Disney for her birthday. We had 4 nights at FW, along with 3 day parkhoppers for each of us. It cost something like $650 for all of that. Last night I priced the same thing for the same time frame, and it came out to almost $900. I knew it would be more, but was a bit surprised to see how much.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Airfare is changing drastically. The reason is airlines are cutting flights, almost to the levels of 09/11. They claim they cannot be profitable. By decreasing the number of flights and limiting the seating, they can now start to charge more for each seat. Another issue is that there are no discounts on flights for December 2010. If you are getting prices now, they are only estimates and they will be huge.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

remeber also that pricing a trip now for dec 2010 will not include any room discounts or free dinning that may come up.
    when pricing a trip with MJ a couple of weeks ago,i was also a bit surprised,but she reminded me that there are usually some kind of discounts from sept to beg dec which depending on your travel part,can bring the price wayyyy down.
    i cannot speak for airfare,i didn't even look at that yet.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I understand where you are coming from mickeysmouse. I'm taking Southwest out of Providence and the prices for my flights this coming January well I can't believe the prices. I'm also bringing my niece and nephew and the price jumped for that as well. I checked one fare at four passengers and then for six and the price jumped $50.00 per person an extra $300.00 before taxes. I guess Southwest is only family friendly to small families. Now that they are flying out of Boston with no non-stops to MCO and it seems they have jacked the prices for flights out of Providence and Manchester.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

DW booked Midwest Airlines for June 2010 at $79 to and $90 back...it went up $5 each way yesterday. But they charge $20 per bag each way. They get you one way or another with the airlines. It's still a lot easier than walking
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

.... Just wait until you get there!

Mickey Ice Cream Bars were $2.75 on the Sunday, and $3.25 on the Monday on our most recent trip in August. A 50 cent increase overnight! An incredible jump, especially considering we have an ice cream budget for each of our holidays.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dephenn View Post
    II checked one fare at four passengers and then for six and the price jumped $50.00 per person an extra $300.00 before taxes.
    That means that there are only four or five seats left at the lower price. When you put in a number that exceeds the lower-priced seats available, SWA quotes all the seats in the next higher price category. You can still get the lower price for the majority of the seats by buying in two batches, if you want (4 or 5 at the lower price, and the last 1 or 2 at the higher price) -- though you then have to deal with different confirmation numbers.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: