Quantcast Aerosmith Contract To End Soon? What Then To Do With Rock N Roller Coaster? - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    Has anyone suggested Barry Manilow yet?

Now, since many of my attempts at humor are taken seriously, allow me to dispay the following complimentary emoticon:
    Or we could go to the other extreme and shoot around the track to ultra fast guitars of Dragonforce.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of this ride my DD11 & DS8 do know who Aerosmith are and they love them. Hope they stay.
    i heard that The Rolling Stone turned down the chance before it was offered to Areosmith, is that true?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

1) If they change, I hope the band members are younger than their 60's.
    2) Wrinkled and prancing in tights is not my idea of a rock band.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardingella View Post
    i heard that The Rolling Stone turned down the chance before it was offered to Areosmith, is that true?
    If the prevailing story is true, they didn't turn it down, they wanted a boatload of money...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    Has anyone suggested Barry Manilow yet?

Now, since many of my attempts at humor are taken seriously, allow me to dispay the following complimentary emoticon:
    I GOT IT!!!

Combine Barry Manilow, Jim Croce, and Christopher Cross for the music...and all the visuals could be Bob Ross paintings!

Each car would be equipped with it's own defibrillator to snap everyone back to conciousness at the end of the ride.

CLEAR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    Or we could go to the other extreme and shoot around the track to ultra fast guitars of Dragonforce.
    Oh man, I can see the whiplash lawsuits already!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) If they change, I hope the band members are younger than their 60's.
    2) Wrinkled and prancing in tights is not my idea of a rock band.

by the way, my best guess (if they do change) would actually be Bon Jovi ...lots of hits songs and at the ripe old age of 47 he (jon bon jovi) would be a relative new comer.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

If Hannah Montana or the JoBros come to this coaster I will personally sell all of my belongings and go down to Orlando to protest.

Now, I personally (as a 14 year old) want Aerosmith to stay. However, if they couldn't, I wouldn't mind a Queen Coaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I think Aerosmith is still relevant for people over 30, but honestly? Those in their 20's and under haven't really heard a big hit from them ... it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Disney took this ride into another generation's music.
    im 17 and trust me everyone has heard of his music! We know about the hits "dude looks like a lady" walk this way" etc. its a perfect generation of music to use because it is one that basically everyone knows and its exciting! I would love to see it stay!
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

The band will have to be/have:

1. Popular
    2. Recognizeable to most
    3. Long term staying power (no short term 1 hit wonders)
    4. Drama Free (recent drug arrests, domestic violence, anti mouse in a tuxedo view etc.)
    5. Sell Outs/In It For The Money (willing to sell their naming rigths and song collection for use on a theme park ride)

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lakin View Post
    How could Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers be able to fit into RNR? It's ROCKnRollercoaster. Not POPRollercoaster.
    LMAO!!
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    The band will have to be/have:

1. Popular
    2. Recognizeable to most
    3. Long term staying power (no short term 1 hit wonders)
    4. Drama Free (recent drug arrests, domestic violence, anti mouse in a tuxedo view etc.)
    5. Sell Outs/In It For The Money (willing to sell their naming rigths and song collection for use on a theme park ride)

Jay
    This is very true. I'm pretty sure this is a bogus rumor. I don't see Rock N Rollercoaster changing anytime soon. It's too popular and too awesome the way it is. I'd definitely stop riding the rollercoaster if it became Jonas Brothers dedicated. I can't stand those rock n roll Hanson Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default More T shirts

Hey!!!! They can't get rid of (Rock N Roller Coaster) I was just at WDW in March 09 and bought the AEROSMITH T Shirt. I wear it proudly on my over 50 year body. Hmmm!!! I better wash it soon. LOL:-) I'm going down to WDW again in Aug./Sept. If that is true, I'd better stock up on Aerosmith items. Kiss would be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think it would be extemely difficult to replace Aerosmith with a band that has a broad ranging appeal, especially if you throw in the requirement that they have to be under 40 and wanted to stay with a "Rock" theme.

They might have better luck developing a fictional rock band rather than try to fit in another existing band. That way, everyone can gripe evenly, and it wouldn't be a battle of who like which band.

.... here's a thought, fresh off the brain cells.... since the theming in Disney's Hollywood Studio is classic Hollywood, and Rock-N-Roller Coaster's neighbor, Tower of Terror is themed to that era, bring the roller coast that doesn't fit with the overall theme back into the appropriate time period. I'm thinking black and white, Big Band, Glenn Miller-ish, "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" style. Maybe tie the two rides together, instead of racing off to a rock concert, you're rushed off to a performance scheduled for the Ballroom of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    Lawrence Welk Polka Palooza
    . . . an'a one
    . . . an'a two
    . . . an'a blast off
    Well, him or Walter Ostanek and his multiple Grammy-winning all Polka accordian band!

"Roll out the Barrel" takes on a whole new meaning!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

The music MUST match the ride! So, it has to be some ROCKIN jams! Kiss is a great alternative. As most HM and JB fans can't ride this attraction anyway, they're really not an option (plus they're simlpy not rockin enough)
    There are so many GREAT rock bands out there, lets either go w/what's worked for 10 yrs (maybe some new songs), or move on to a different band and "keep on rockin"!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I think it would be extemely difficult to replace Aerosmith with a band that has a broad ranging appeal, especially if you throw in the requirement that they have to be under 40 and wanted to stay with a "Rock" theme.

They might have better luck developing a fictional rock band rather than try to fit in another existing band. That way, everyone can gripe evenly, and it wouldn't be a battle of who like which band.

.... here's a thought, fresh off the brain cells.... since the theming in Disney's Hollywood Studio is classic Hollywood, and Rock-N-Roller Coaster's neighbor, Tower of Terror is themed to that era, bring the roller coast that doesn't fit with the overall theme back into the appropriate time period. I'm thinking black and white, Big Band, Glenn Miller-ish, "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" style. Maybe tie the two rides together, instead of racing off to a rock concert, you're rushed off to a performance scheduled for the Ballroom of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
    As a music major and a saxophone player, I'd be in love, however this is Hollywood Studios. The coaster will remain the same and continue to not match the overall theme.

Post Thanks / Like

I want Aerosmith to stay and I think that having the ride at WDW has brought more awareness to the band. I agree with the poster that indicates that either Hannah or Jonas is too pop oriented and also the flavor of the month for many kids. Even if the younger crowd doesn't know who Aerosmith is - and there are many that do know them - it would do them some good to have a dose of good music in their lives. Finally, I think the younger crowd probably just likes the ride and doesn't really pay that much attention to the music?
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

I really want Aerosmith to stay, but I would love to see a band big now, like Green Day, Kings of Leon, or Daughtry if they do leave.
    Kiss would be awsome too. They would pack a huge punch.
    Thanks for the memories VMK.
    User name: Toughbug.

Family Vacation: Thanksgiving week 2009
    @Port Orleans French Quarter
    Band Trip: Some time before Easter.
    -Can't wait to march down Main Street.

Post Thanks / Like

I am 15 and absolutely LOVE Aerosmith and the ride! I would completely flip my wig if they changed it. I think even if some kids aren't familiar with the band, they can appreciate the great music and of course, the coaster itself.

Did someone say the contract ended in the summer? My mom and I are going in September and I wanted to know if the ride would still be open. Anybody know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarknTara View Post
    Did someone say the contract ended in the summer? My mom and I are going in September and I wanted to know if the ride would still be open. Anybody know?
    Don't worry. The ride is still open, and nothing has changed. This is all just speculation on what might happen if the contract with Aerosmith is not renewed.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP