Quantcast Yak & Yeti or Boma?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yak & Yeti or Boma?

Which would you choose? We are taking our DD8 and DS3 and are trying to decide which restaurant to go to for dinner on the day we go to AK. DW, DD and I went to Boma two years ago and enjoyed it and thought we would take DS there with us this year. However, the reviews I'm seeing on here for Y&Y are making me think maybe we should do that instead. I look to the wisdom of the intercotees for guidance.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure some people have good reviews on Yak & Yeti but I did not enjoy it. My DH had chicken lo mein which was good but I had beef & broccoli which was very bland. It just came across to me as an expensive chinese restaurant. Now Boma is a different story. We absolutely loved it and will go back many times. Plus buffets always work better for us with our kids.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

In the past year, we have done both Y&Y and Boma twice. We really enjoy both places, but they are very different. My initial response to your question is easy - Boma for us. It's one of our favorite dining experiences anywhere. But I would never hesitate to eat again at Y&Y. So your decision would probably be a personal one - an African-themed all-you-can-eat buffet or an Asian-themed sit-down dinner.

In our opinion, you don't have a bad choice here. Hope you have a great meal, whichever you choose!

Post Thanks / Like

Given that you like Boma and have young children, I would go with Boma. I would think kids can be picky eaters and it has many options. Both are great though imho

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

I neve rate at Boma, but I did eat at Yak 'n' Yeti and enjoyed it very much...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

we have been to both yak and yeti and boma and we loved both of them. we are going back to disney in aug. and we are eating at both of them again
    Trips To WDW
    WDW-1991-Off Site
    WDW-2001-Off Site
    WDW-2005-Off Site
    Aug 2006 all star movies
    Aug 2008 POP Century
    Aug 2009-POP

April 2010-ASMu
    Aug 2011 all star music

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED Yak & Yeti when we were there in September. It was the second best meal of our trip. We have not done Boma's. We plan to try it for breakfast but, as I am a very fussy eater, we are skipping dinner...I've read too many reviews of the seasonings/flavors they use and know that I would not like them.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
    We LOVED Yak & Yeti when we were there in September. It was the second best meal of our trip. We have not done Boma's. We plan to try it for breakfast but, as I am a very fussy eater, we are skipping dinner...I've read too many reviews of the seasonings/flavors they use and know that I would not like them.
    We have taken many picky eaters to Boma's over the years and they all left amazed. There is no contest, Y&Y=chain (Landry's), overpriced, one shot at eating something you love. Boma=Disney award winning culinary at it's greatest, 18 million dollar kitchen, 10 feet of desserts. Not to mention the chance to take a stroll after and see animals in their natural setting.
    I wish Mr. Tom Morrow would hurry up and take his page!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to both...chose Y&Y last year as it offered a slight difference to the boring kid's meals offered. Our service was great and the convenience of not having to leave the park was nice, but you really can't go wrong with either one.
    Gotta Love Eeyore

Offsite 2xs as kid
    ASMo Sept '01
    ASMu Sept '03
    ASMo Sept '05
    POP Sept '07
    POFQ Sept '08
    POFQ Sept '09
    CBR Sept '10

Goooooo Jackets! Sting 'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braindew View Post
    We have taken many picky eaters to Boma's over the years and they all left amazed. There is no contest, Y&Y=chain (Landry's), overpriced, one shot at eating something you love. Boma=Disney award winning culinary at it's greatest, 18 million dollar kitchen, 10 feet of desserts. Not to mention the chance to take a stroll after and see animals in their natural setting.
    Thanks for the info. But I'm going to continue to skip it (I have a friend who went and she hated it, although loves the breakfast). As for Y&Y...didn't notice the price as we were on the dining plan.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the input.

After considering what everyone has had to say, I think we will probably try and get ADR's at Boma and maybe do the CS at Y&Y for lunch. However, if there are no good times available on the day we plan to go to AK, it sounds like Y&Y would work as a backup.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yak & Yeti or Boma?

Both restaurants are good but different. You will get more to eat at Boma and will have a broader selection to choose from. You get more for your dollar at Boma and since you have already eaten there you know you will enjoy it.

However, Yak and Yeti is conveniently located in AK park and has very tasty food and you might like to try something different. I would check out the menu and prices at Yak and Yeti then make a decision. It's hard to go wrong either way.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Boma yet (hope for Aug.) but I do know that Yak and Yeti is one of the best at Disney...We sat upstairs and watched the Christmas parade go by and it was great...We are also going to go back there in Aug. too...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yak and Yeti

Remember, the Rainforest Cafe is right outside of AKP. It is good there too. So that is another option. On the other hand, we are going to Yak & Yeti for dinner based on the very good reviews from everyone.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: