Quantcast Special Suites and Rooms @ the different Resorts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Special Suites and Rooms @ the different Resorts

I was just looking on here and saw that someone stayed in the "Polynesian Princess Suite". I stayed at the "Honeymoon Suite" at the Wilderness Lodge on our Honeymoon. But I want to know what is the "Princess Suite" what it offers, entails, and how much it goes for?

And any other SPECIAL rooms at Disney?? Do Tell, Do Tell.

Any one ever stayed at the Castle?? Tell me about it!
    Whirlwind trip in '96 *1 day all 3 parks*

Aug '08 - Wilderness Lodge (6 days) - Honeymoon Suite
    Aug '08 Coronado Springs (2 days)

May '09 - POP (8 days)

May '11 - POP (8 days)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymamaof5 View Post
    I was just looking on here and saw that someone stayed in the "Polynesian Princess Suite". I stayed at the "Honeymoon Suite" at the Wilderness Lodge on our Honeymoon. But I want to know what is the "Princess Suite" what it offers, entails, and how much it goes for?

And any other SPECIAL rooms at Disney?? Do Tell, Do Tell.

Any one ever stayed at the Castle?? Tell me about it!
    I've stayed at the Castle ... look in the Trip Reports forum for my very detailed write-up of the experience.

For more information on Disney suites, I'd check out www.wdwluxuryguide.com ... Cara has tons of good info there on the suites.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Karen's Corner over at Magical Journeys also has some great info and pictures of specialty suites http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/K...ens_corner.htm .

I've stayed in the turret honeymoon suite at the GF which was amazing. All the deluxes have suites and Coronado Springs also offers a suite option as well.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

That's me we stay in the two bedroom princess suite at the Poly, it's a great couple of rooms. It sleeps 10 if you get the 2 bedroom, it has 4 queen beds in the 2 seperate bedrooms, 2 fridges, a wet bar, 3 lanai's(balconies your on the first floor in the Tonga building) you have a marina view w/a view of the castle, you have a "parlor" sitting area w/table and chairs flat screen tv(you have 3 of those actually and 3 dvd players) 2 full baths w/separate showers, tons of closet space--since you can have 10 people in the rooms--now that would be 9 adults and an infant under 3(crib). The room is beautiful, it's pricy though last year we spent 6 nights 7 days for 9 of us(my dd was free) and my ds was 4 at the time so it ran about 13k---this year we're a party of 8 and that's w/my dd who is 2.5 so again she's free and we're going for 8 days it's 15k w/park pass no meal plans.
    Tikiman's site has pics of the room, it's cheaper for us to stay here than getting 3 separate rooms in the Hawaii building--plus we have the adjoining parlor--so when the toddlers go to bed we have a place to relax. Plus the service last year was amazing in Tonga hands down.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javamama View Post
    That's me we stay in the two bedroom princess suite at the Poly, it's a great couple of rooms. It sleeps 10 if you get the 2 bedroom,
    I was reading through Karen's Corner and it said the 2 bedroom Princess suite slept 9. Considering you've stayed there, is the extra bed a single daybed or is there a sleep sofa that would also hold 2? Thanks.

Oh sorry, just read down your post a little further and see where you state it is actually 9 plus a child under 3.
    Last edited by TammiMcMan; 02-21-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: should have read the previous post a little more closely

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly you should only put 8, and maybe a teenager out there in the sofa bed/daybed it's comparable to twin bed and a half. My sisters b/f slept on it our whole stay he's 6'2 220lbs, and he was comfy, I think my sister even slept out there w/him one night but she's tiny 5'0 so they fit fine together. He never complained once, but he's the nicest guy and the trip was our xmas gift. This year no one will be sleeping out there since we have 2 less adults coming down.
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '11 May YC Club Level

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked over the suites at Karen's Corner. Wow -- are these rooms always booked or do they sit empty many nights? Does Disney ever give surprise upgrades to these rooms? I just finished my taxes and some of these rooms cost almost as much for a week as my AGI!

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to believe, but many of them are booked. It can be economical if you are travelling with 2 families and obviously there are many who don't have a problem paying the price. We were very lucky and received an upgrade to the turret suite. That being said, we were already booked into the main building at the GF, so it was really just a one level upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed in Tonga last year the host we had said they have a woman who books the whole building for a few weeks or month--I can't remember...the whole building all suites.
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '11 May YC Club Level

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed in Tonga last year the host we had said they have a woman who books the whole building for a few weeks or month--I can't remember...the whole building all suites.
    Yeah she bookes it for the week (sometimes longer). I believe she is part of the Kraft family.

Post Thanks / Like

When I heard that I was like what if we were paying 13k for our room imagine for the whole building, but when your the Kraft family just sell more cheese, koolaid, lunchables, and a little bit of everything else at the grocery store.
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '11 May YC Club Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've stayed at the Castle ... look in the Trip Reports forum for my very detailed write-up of the experience.
    I'd love to read this. Is there are easier way to find the post?
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

When I heard that I was like what if we were paying 13k for our room imagine for the whole building, but when your the Kraft family just sell more cheese, koolaid, lunchables, and a little bit of everything else at the grocery store.
    Imagine the room tax.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LoriSan View Post
    I'd love to read this. Is there are easier way to find the post?
    Try this link.

Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: