Quantcast Dining Reviews from 1/10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Reviews from 1/10

Hi All!

Here are dining reviews for day 1 of my birthday trip last week!

Traveling: Me (40) and DH (35)

Lunch: Day of arrival we ate at the Pepper Market. We both got the same thing - The stir fry, steak and sugar snap peas with rice. For dessert we both had the key lime pie. Diet coke for DH, iced tea for me. We both didn't expect much but we thought the food was really good! The person working that station was extremely unfriendly and when I asked if we could order she mumbled something and then said Oh ok, as if I were bothering her.

Service: B
    Food: A-

Dinner: Rose & Crown - we had ADRs for 7:10 and ate outside in the patio area. Now, DH and I rarely eat the same things but, we both had the bangers and mash. This is DH's favorite and I really like it too. We also shared the mixed greens salad which we both enjoyed. I had a berry trifle for dessert and DH had the chocolate scotch cake. Both were great. He also had the beer sampler which of course he loved. Our server was Nic and she was awesome.

We were able to catch Illuminations from there so that was a plus!!

Service: A
    Food: A

More reviews coming!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

did you need to do anything special to get seated outside? We were told last time we couldnt reserve outside, is this still true? Thanks!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to reading more! Thanks for sharing.

And not to hijack the thread, but sorry, you cannot reserve a table outside at R&C.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dawneeeey View Post
    Dinner: Rose & Crown - we had ADRs for 7:10 and ate outside in the patio area. Now, DH and I rarely eat the same things but, we both had the bangers and mash. This is DH's favorite and I really like it too. We also shared the mixed greens salad which we both enjoyed. I had a berry trifle for dessert and DH had the chocolate scotch cake. Both were great. He also had the beer sampler which of course he loved. Our server was Nic and she was awesome.

We were able to catch Illuminations from there so that was a plus!!
    Oh, I so contemplated Bangers N Mash but ended up doing the steak and fish...it was really good and better than expected. We also had seats on the patio for Illuminations...in fact we requested it when we checked in and waited over an hour past our ADR time for it...willingly. We had the last seat...as one man at a table next to us pointed out, it was "the best table in the house". It was a 5 or 6 top and there were only 3 of us too. Our only problem was that as it got closer to Illumination time people who were not dining there felt it was of to open the gate right next to our table and squeeze in crowding my sone and daughter. One lady pulled out a chair from our table between the kids and SAT DOWN!!!! and a man with them felt it was ok to put his beer glass down on our table and leave it there when he left...mind you, we were still eating all this time...and when i said something to the lady who plopped her family member down at our tabel she looked at me like I was in the wrong and scooted back about an inch...she was still leaning on our table though. And of course, the wait staff was not around at this time because we had just been served and Illuminations was going on...by the time he came back they were gone. Don't get me wrong, the service was great and it was not their fault. Had I not been so surprised and taken aback about what they were doing I probably would have gotten up and gone to find someone to get rid of them but I could not believe someone would have the audacity to do that! I should have handed her my bill and since we were on the DDDP told her she needed to pay my tip!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
    Oh, I so contemplated Bangers N Mash but ended up doing the steak and fish...it was really good and better than expected. We also had seats on the patio for Illuminations...in fact we requested it when we checked in and waited over an hour past our ADR time for it...willingly. We had the last seat...as one man at a table next to us pointed out, it was "the best table in the house". It was a 5 or 6 top and there were only 3 of us too. Our only problem was that as it got closer to Illumination time people who were not dining there felt it was of to open the gate right next to our table and squeeze in crowding my sone and daughter. One lady pulled out a chair from our table between the kids and SAT DOWN!!!! and a man with them felt it was ok to put his beer glass down on our table and leave it there when he left...mind you, we were still eating all this time...and when i said something to the lady who plopped her family member down at our tabel she looked at me like I was in the wrong and scooted back about an inch...she was still leaning on our table though. And of course, the wait staff was not around at this time because we had just been served and Illuminations was going on...by the time he came back they were gone. Don't get me wrong, the service was great and it was not their fault. Had I not been so surprised and taken aback about what they were doing I probably would have gotten up and gone to find someone to get rid of them but I could not believe someone would have the audacity to do that! I should have handed her my bill and since we were on the DDDP told her she needed to pay my tip!

People can be so rude!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: