Quantcast Crowds right now?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crowds right now?

Hello! I am going for a week at Pop Century starting on January 17. I've been to WDW several times during January before, and it's always empty. I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how the crowds have been so far this month. Curious because of all the crazy deals they've been running if it will be busier than I am used to in January.

Thanks! And looking forward to riding Space Mountain one last time as is!
    VEGGIE FRUIT FRUIT
    VEGGIE VEGGIE FRUIT FRUIT!
    VEGGIE FRUIT FRUIT!
    CHA CHA CHA!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid that it will be relatively busy when I'm going. DH and I arrive on the 25th and are there until Superbowl Sunday the 1st.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I was there for the day on January 5th @MK, and it was crowded, but getting there early and uitlizing fastpass we accomplished all we wanted to do. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    I'm afraid that it will be relatively busy when I'm going. DH and I arrive on the 25th and are there until Superbowl Sunday the 1st.
    I'm curious but also afraid. We leave on the 21st and I just hope there's not a ton of people there. We've gone many times in January and its been really great...not a lot of people. I can only hope...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trev&Ev Mom View Post
    I'm curious but also afraid. We leave on the 21st and I just hope there's not a ton of people there. We've gone many times in January and its been really great...not a lot of people. I can only hope...
    I figure since the last time I went it was during the week of Christmas with our ENTIRE family of 6 and this time it is the last week of January with just my DH and I....I won't care about crowds.
    Katherine
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR

Post Thanks / Like

we have been here since the 4th. It hasn't been too bad but has been more crowded than I expected. Last night seemed to be the worst yet at Hollywood studios. At 10 minutes till closing the wait for TSM was 110 minutes and tower was 70. That was also with the Fantasmic theater filled to capacity!!!!! It was NUTZ!!!!! Haven't been to a park yet today but we're headed to Epcot in a bit. They have evening EMH tonight. I'm sure with most of the marathon crowds coming in it will be NUTZ too, but I'm hoping they will all be turning in early tonight.
    Up Next...January 2009 - POR
    Happy Birthday to me!

December 2007 - POFQ
    October 2006 - Pop
    October 2005 - ASMu
    August 2004 - Offsite
    August 2003 - Offsite

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Post Thanks / Like

DS and I went to Epcot today... it wasn't as bad as I had expected. Lots of people leaving at about dinner time and not too many going in for EMH. No waits this afternoon for Nemo, JITYI, SE and 40 for TT. We didn't check anything else out as it was just a quick trip today. There are a TON of marathoners, but I suspect it will thin out after the weekend.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

The Touring Plans web site has the last week 1/24-1/31 with most days of 5s. They don't ever go much below a 4 (generally.) They do have Friday, 1/30 as a 7 and 1/31 as an 8. I'm optimistic that it won't be too bad. Hopefully, I'll have seen everything by Friday and the increase in crowds won't make me grumpy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephntampa View Post
    I was there for the day on January 5th @MK, and it was crowded, but getting there early and uitlizing fastpass we accomplished all we wanted to do. Have fun!
    We were there also that day. It seemed to clear out a good bit by early afternoon. A CM at Epcot said it was the holiday stragglers trying to get in one last park before their flight home- not sure about that though!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious how you know that this week will be busy? We are also going to be there at the same time and were curious what it was going to be like. Not used to big crowds in January so I thought this would be a less busy time to go!
    Upcoming Trip:
    Jan 09 CSR Christmas Day Surprise
    Previous:
    Jan 08 CBR
    July 06 CBR
    Jan. 05 CBR
    Feb. 04 POR
    Jan. 01 CBR
    Jan. 00 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyjoe View Post
    I'm curious how you know that this week will be busy? We are also going to be there at the same time and were curious what it was going to be like. Not used to big crowds in January so I thought this would be a less busy time to go!
    I don't know that it will be busy, but assume it will be since the Super Bowl is in Tampa which is less than 2 hours away. I figure that Friday/Saturday will be all the people that are in town for the game doing some Disney time and that Sunday evening and Monday/Tuesday will be those doing Disney before they head home from the game.
    Katherine
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jonah'smom View Post
    we have been here since the 4th. It hasn't been too bad but has been more crowded than I expected. Last night seemed to be the worst yet at Hollywood studios.
    We were also there last week, and I was also very surprised by the crowds. It wasn't as busy as peak times, but it was far busier than we've experienced in Januarys in the past. It had to be a combination of some people extending their holiday trip, people getting there early for the marathon weekend, and probably most likely - the Disney promotion of 3 nights free is working to bring people in. If the promotion is really the reason, then it might be busier all through January. I guess time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't count on it being too busy. It is after all the slowest time of the year. Sure the Superbowl might pick up a few extra visitors to the area, and the current promotion is probably bringing some people in but again...it's the slowest time of the year.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I really, really hope you're right. DH cannot stand crowds and we always go in Jan. If it's busy in 2 weeks my future trips may be in trouble!

Post Thanks / Like

We are headed down Friday and I too am curious about the crowds. It seems like they are higher than usual for this time of year. Hopefully the holiday crowd and marithoners will be gone by the time we get there. Anyone there now that can offer some insight?
    1980-1994 - Off-site
    1995 - Dixie Landings
    1998 - Caribbean Beach
    2001 - Disney Cruise
    2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge Villa
    2006 - Pop Century
    2006 - Boardwalk Villa
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007 - Boardwalk Villa
    2007 - Old Key West Villa
    2009 - Wilderness Lodge Villa

Post Thanks / Like

I'm here now, and while the crowds aren't awful, they're worse than I was expecting for this time of year. Most popular rides are still 40 minutes and up unless you go first thing in the morning, but it's manageable. The exception was yesterday at DHS--huge, huge crowds. I've been during Christmas week and seen lighter crowds. Fantasmic was standing room only by 6:15 for 7 o'clock show. It was practically impossible to walk.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back and I would agree with other post. The crowds are not awful but you can count on having pretty good wait times by the afternoon. We got up early everyday and hit the parks. In the first 2 hours we had a good time but after two hours it was too busy to get a lot done. I honestly don't really believe there is a down time at WDW. We talked to a former CM while waiting in line for TSM and he said this is about as light as it gets. We still had a good time though

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone still there and care to comment on the crowds? Please say they're dwindling....

Post Thanks / Like

Was in Animal Kingdom today and was alarmed how busy it was. Nothing truly horrific you understand, and it would be possible to get everything in, but the place had far FAR more people in than one would normally expect well into January.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

OH NO! I wonder what that means for the end of next week... Could you possibly take all those people home with you?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: