Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 32

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going home to Gnome, Alaska
    Oh baby don't you want to go?
    They'v got piles and piles and miles of snow
    Oh baby don't you want to go.

Who else remembers that song?

Good night all.

Good night Beijing.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Hi all.... just got home and we're winding down and getting ready for bed. Patti has hit the sheets and is waiting patiently for me.

We had a wonderful time at the Fair today and the weather held up for us.

I spoke with Blythe this morning and she said she was feeling a lot better and they've really enjoyed their trip so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Aaww you do like me don't you?

OMG how did I miss this the first time I read that post?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    HI POGO, (do you think he heard me at the fair?). back to work i go, but i have 3 days off after this one(sigh). next week i am working crazy- 2 extra overtime shifts. it looks so good on paper and then i have to actually work it. bye for now.
    I thought I heard something.... it could have been you.

Why oh why did you sign up for two extra shifts ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Hi all, just a quick note to let you know I'm still here! Things are picking up speed... trying to get everything done before work starts tomorrow. Thankfully the kids don't come in until Weds, so I only have to deal with adults tomorrow.

Pogo, hope you enjoyed the fair...
    I can tell you're excited to return to work. I wish I had a music teacher like you when I was younger.

The Fair was great and the Outlaws put on two great shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Caroleh, I forgot you. Don't get a gnome. We have one in the backyard, and the birds won't even poop on it. How about a pink flamingo with a Mickey hat on it? No, a budda belly with a laniard, and a sign, "Gone to Disney".
    Or.... she could put Gilles out on the front lawn, holding the sign !
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I'm going home to Gnome, Alaska
    Oh baby don't you want to go?
    They'v got piles and piles and miles of snow
    Oh baby don't you want to go.

Who else remembers that song?
    I think you just made it up..... didn't you ????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I thought I heard something.... it could have been you.

Why oh why did you sign up for two extra shifts ?????
    i wish i knew. just a quick zoop in from work. i was in charge for 4hours and then i had to come up to labor and delivery. its an ok nite. hope it continues.
    glad you enjoyed our "little" fair. amazed you had enough energy to post after that long day.

i have big plans for my days off, wallpaper removal, prime, paint. yard work. once again it looks good on paper but to actually get it all done
    i forgot my question- pogo what did you guys eat at the fair?

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    We had a wonderful time at the Fair today and the weather held up for us.

I spoke with Blythe this morning and she said she was feeling a lot better and they've really enjoyed their trip so far.
    So glad to hear you had a great time!! I'm so happy too that Blythe is enjoyng her trip and feeling better, then again, I can't think of a reason why someone wouldn't like it up here. Sleep tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i wish i knew. just a quick zoop in from work. i was in charge for 4hours and then i had to come up to labor and delivery. its an ok nite. hope it continues.
    glad you enjoyed our "little" fair. amazed you had enough energy to post after that long day.

i have big plans for my days off, wallpaper removal, prime, paint. yard work. once again it looks good on paper but to actually get it all done
    i forgot my question- pogo what did you guys eat at the fair?

kate
    in hopes that the night stays good for you. Good luck with the home improvement projects. Want some help?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Morning all, I'm up earlier than I wanted to be but Ms. Daisy was outside again this morning. I was giving away dogs yesterday, now I'm giving away, one big, fat, lazy, escaping, Daisy Marie! Any takers??? Why can't she just stay in the house??? We thought Minnie would be the problem with this but no, it's Daisy. Going to drive me crazy!!

I went to the mall last night and couldn't believe the sales they were having. I love Bath and Body Works and I had a coupon. They were having 5 for $15 on their hand soaps and buy 3 signature collection get 2 free plus my coupon. So as she's ringing everything up it comes to almost $80 and then she starts processing the discount, and scans my coupons. I got out of there for $35 for almost $80 worth of stuff!! WOO HOO, you can't beat that with a stick. And then the Disney Store had a Mickey purse on sale for $9.99. Too cute. I could have spent a lot more but didn't, I restrained so I could spend my money at Disney.

Have a wonderful day everyone, I'll check in later love ya!
    Sorry to hear that Daisy is frustrating you. for it to get better! I'm a B&BW nut myself. Because of the EDS my skin cracks, gets raw, bleeds etc. and B&BW is the only type of hand soap that doesn't do that. Sounds like you found a good deal at the Disney store too. Ours closed down We miss it like crazy. It was the one way to get our Disney fix that's close to home. Not to mention that they ALWAYS had t-shirts on sale. You wouldn't believe the shirts we got for 2 to 4 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Afternoon/evening all. I just got up from resting a bit. I went to the dog walk and it was ok. Really unorganized and they brought some really crazy dogs. I got this little boxer/pitt mix that just wanted to chew on my shoes. Doesn't make for good walking. It was so hot too, made it hard to get motivated. Looks like we got one adoption out of the time I was there so I guess that was worth it then.

Now I guess I'll go and clean up the house a bit. Not feeling quite myself right now I guess. It looks like Mike's uncle back in Rochester is going to pass tonight. Then his Grandmother will be next, sounds like his Grandpa's not doing too well either. This isn't going to be a good month, I can feel it. Hope you all are having a better day. to you all!
    Good to hear that the dog walk went ok. One adoption is certainly something, changing the world, one little fur-baby at a time! Sarah, I am so sorry that things are so rough right now for you and DH, please remember that I'm here if you need me k?

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

in hopes that the night stays good for you. Good luck with the home improvement projects. Want some help?
    so far so good.

YES, what time should we expect you??

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sooooooooooooooooo bored. been a long time since i said that at work. i don't have a book, i am planned out for our oct trip. what should i do??? (don't i sound like a whiney child on summer break)

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee and hot water (for chocolate and tea and what not) are ready for our enjoyment. As well as juices and sodas for those who have never tried a hot beverage. Now has anyone seen mauimouse(sp) around here? I did yesterday at TTA unload. I know, I know I should have posted about that yesterday, but I didn't want to disturb PirateGal aka Mom whilst she was sleeping. Did I ever tell you PirateGal works the graveyard shift at the All Stars? Next weekend I'll be working only one of the weekend days. Which will be Saturday, because next week I start training. I do believe it will be the Buzz complex that I'll be trained at.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, just a quick zoop -- I got up at 6am this morning (I am SO not a morning person) and am already pushing the kids to get ready for preschool today. Julie's wiggling around on the floor, trying to wake herself up. It's pretty funny, actually. She's got her feet up in the air and is shaking them with all her might. Ah, to be five again.

Must run -- anyone got caffeine?
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!

It's Monday!

Anyone have any good news to share?

and for all those in need.

My sister finally made ressies for their next trip this October!

Wow she cuts it close!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Anyone have any good news to share?
    Good morning cosmic twin! I have good news to share. We are all awake, together and happy this morning, what could be better than that?
    I hope this new morning finds everyone well. May whatever you have planned this morning go smooth. I just got back from taking Hailey to an interview, yes this early. In a few minutes I will be taking her across town to the shelter forher volunteer work.
    I think 'll go to Wild Oats bakery and get one of their yummy bacon cheddar biscuits (the bacon and cheddar is baked into the biscuit) anybody want one? to all!

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! Long time no see!

We made it through the working weekend and now we're all pooped! It was 86 degrees in here most of the day yesterday, and that took a lot out of us. But, we're back at work again (well, most of us anyway), and it's a pleasant 75 degrees now.

I also got up this morning at 6am , but I did it to avoid the school zones! And, it worked too - I made it through the last one about 5 minutes before it was set to start.

to all, and to all that need it!

Who wants an apple?
    Rhonda

pogo Guest

Good morning all.... everyone sleep well ????

Breaking News !

There is an important announcement in facebook for all concerning our December Meet. Please take time to read it and reply with your thoughts.

Please keep our conversations there so we don't create any confusion and make promises the group might not want to make.

to those that need it. to all who wants it !
    See you all later tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Good morning all! Long time no see!

We made it through the working weekend and now we're all pooped! It was 86 degrees in here most of the day yesterday, and that took a lot out of us. But, we're back at work again (well, most of us anyway), and it's a pleasant 75 degrees now.

I also got up this morning at 6am , but I did it to avoid the school zones! And, it worked too - I made it through the last one about 5 minutes before it was set to start.
    Hey Rhonda, glad you made it OK through the working weekend.

OK, good morning yet again to all of you JQ pals. So today is the anniversary of my brothers death. Don't get sad, I was the luckiest girl in the world to have had such a wonderful brother. He's been gone 29 years this year. I lost my father and sister also before I was 30. But this isn't a pity party, I wanted to share that even though I lost 3/4 of my family (all that's left is mom) I have been one of the most blessed people on earth. I grew up in a loving home where my family was my best friend. As a child my friends always wanted to come to our house to play and stay the night. They always said it felt like coming home. As a matter of fact a girl I knew from school thought she was pregnant and came to my mom to talk and take the test and then my parents helped her break the news to her parents. My parents were very much in love, I don't remember a day when they didn't hold hands, touch each other tenderly or just look at each other in such a way that you could see the love. The day my dad found out he had cancer he went home and shut himself in their bedroom for about an hour. None of us knew at the time why but when he passed away my aunt, who is my moms identical twin, brought over a letter. It turns out that when he had gone into the bedroom on the day he found out he was sick, he had written a letter and then had given it to my aunt to give my mom after he died. In the letter he talked about how it was love at first sight with my mom, that she was his true love and that he would wait for her at the gates of heaven. But for her to remember that he was dead, not her, and he wanted her to move on and live life. He reminisced about the days each of us children were born and various other special occasions in our lives.
    We told each other we loved each other everyday and we never got off the phone, went to bed, or left the house mad. Those 1950's tv families had nothing on us.

My point in sharing this is that I'm having a mushy day, I couldn't have been luckier than I have been in my life. I wouldn't trade the short years I had with my whole family for 100 years with another.
    Maybe I'm too mushy but I kind of see you guys as family as well and have been so blessed to have such wonderful people as you all. Each and every one of you have brought something special, unique and irreplaceable into my life and I will be forever grateful. Thank you so much!
    Is anyone else a little misty?

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I think it's just a little dust or something in my eye. I think you're right, the short time you had with them and their loving relationships is worth a lifetime with many other types of families. Unfortunately, I never got to see anything like that with my parents, who split when I was about 8 and divorced when I was twelve.

Thanks to all for the good wishes on our anniversary. We actually wound up having a nice day with my mother, stepfather, sister and her brood yesterday at Myrtle Beach. In past years, it's been a little weird at times.

Anybody else have the gray rainys today?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! It's been a long night. At last we spoke to Mike's Aunt, his Uncle Jim was resting comfortably. They had given him some strong pain medication and he was unconcious. His BP was stable and things were going ok but they weren't sure if he'd make it through the night. We didn't hear back so I'm not sure if he did or not. Mike is having a rough time, so if you could send some prayers his way. A lot has come crashing down on him in the past few weeks.

So many things are up in the air right now. He is seriously contemplating jumping on his motorcycle and driving across country to visit all of his family. If that happens he will probably not be going to WDW with me and my parents. I would understand, I'm just trying to make sure as many plans are made as quickly as possible.

Traci, thanks for making us all appreciate what we have when we have it. I think Mike is realizing that very much this week.

And how am I you might ask? Hanging in there, just trying to deal with my parents leaving and supporting Mike as much as I can. Work is busy today since it's Monday, so I'll check in again when I can. to you all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all! Just doing a quick zoop in to see what is going on this morning. It looks pretty quiet around here today. Oh, and before I forget here are some and for those who need it today.

There really isn't much going on around here today. I am trying to recover from the weekend. I spent the day on Saturday and part of the day on Sunday at a car show called the Frog Follies in Evansville Indiana. Talk about a car show! They have something like 4-5 thousand cars and a vendors area that is absolutely huge! what makes it especially amazing is that this show is only for vehicles that are 1948 or older. Can you imagine how many vehicles they would have if they did newer vehicles as well?

I am not a particularly strong gear head but a good friend of mine is so I spent the weekend with him as he showed his 1948 Chevy truck. We really had a good time just wandering around looking at everything. Needless to say though, with that many vehicles we never saw them all!

The weather didn't help matters either! It wasn't that particularly hot with highs only in the upper '80's but the humidity was off the scale! I heard a weather report on the radio that said we were having 90% humidity!

Anyway, I don't really know much. I am trying to stay flat on my back as much as I can to rest my back from the weekend.

Keep yourselves healthy and happy and I will check back in when I can!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rhonda, glad you made it OK through the working weekend.

OK, good morning yet again to all of you JQ pals. So today is the anniversary of my brothers death. Don't get sad, I was the luckiest girl in the world to have had such a wonderful brother. He's been gone 29 years this year. I lost my father and sister also before I was 30. But this isn't a pity party, I wanted to share that even though I lost 3/4 of my family (all that's left is mom) I have been one of the most blessed people on earth. I grew up in a loving home where my family was my best friend. As a child my friends always wanted to come to our house to play and stay the night. They always said it felt like coming home. As a matter of fact a girl I knew from school thought she was pregnant and came to my mom to talk and take the test and then my parents helped her break the news to her parents. My parents were very much in love, I don't remember a day when they didn't hold hands, touch each other tenderly or just look at each other in such a way that you could see the love. The day my dad found out he had cancer he went home and shut himself in their bedroom for about an hour. None of us knew at the time why but when he passed away my aunt, who is my moms identical twin, brought over a letter. It turns out that when he had gone into the bedroom on the day he found out he was sick, he had written a letter and then had given it to my aunt to give my mom after he died. In the letter he talked about how it was love at first sight with my mom, that she was his true love and that he would wait for her at the gates of heaven. But for her to remember that he was dead, not her, and he wanted her to move on and live life. He reminisced about the days each of us children were born and various other special occasions in our lives.
    We told each other we loved each other everyday and we never got off the phone, went to bed, or left the house mad. Those 1950's tv families had nothing on us.

My point in sharing this is that I'm having a mushy day, I couldn't have been luckier than I have been in my life. I wouldn't trade the short years I had with my whole family for 100 years with another.
    Maybe I'm too mushy but I kind of see you guys as family as well and have been so blessed to have such wonderful people as you all. Each and every one of you have brought something special, unique and irreplaceable into my life and I will be forever grateful. Thank you so much!
    \
    You're not mushy. My dad died suddenly in 1964 at the age of 48, and mom and I talk about him lots. Doing this scrapbook, has yielded stories that fit the pictures, and she's looking forward to seeing him again. (She thinks he won't know her because she looks "old"), but I don't think that's a problem.

When you lose somebody, you can't help but remember all the joy. My dad never walked - he had polio when he was a baby, but he never thought of himself as crippled, and did everything for us that his body would allow. The rest? he figured out another way to do it.

Anniversaries are hard. Here's a Your brother sounds like he was extra special.

(I can't think of a question. Anyone else got one?)
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo I'm way behind on the facebook keeping up so will try and make it there.

Ken glad to hear you had a good time. Sarah continued good luck headed your way with your furbabies as well as for you and Mike as you deal with your parents and his grandmother.

Carol glad your projects are coming along. Traci good for you keeping a positive attitude on your family and your luck in having them in your life as you did. Losing a sibling is tough, keeping an outlook that says your lucky to have them in your life is even tougher.

Sandy thanks as always for the coffee. Is there some left?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I have now officially just about had it with my back and all its problems! I just came from a doctor visit to discuss why I am having increased pain down my right leg now (previous issues had primarily been down the left leg.) Anyway, after reviewing the latest x-rays and c-t scan (I can no longer have an MRI done because of the spinal stimulater implanted in my back) they have determined that I have another ruptured disc and am going to have to undergo back surgery number 9 to correct it.

As you can imagine, I am not in a very good frame of mind right now! I am not one to normally get very angry or to break down and actually cry, but I think I did both in the doctor's office. Obviously my wife, the doctor, and his staff, all tried to console and comfort me as much as they could but despite that I did not do well with my reaction to the news.

Now I have to decide what I want to do. Do I go ahead and have the surgery and take all the risks that come with that? Or, do I wait as long as I can and just continue to deal with the pain? As emotional as I am right now I think I am going to take a few weeks to consider my options before I make a decision.

Anyway, I am certainly glad I had a good weekend before coming back to this news or I don't know how I would have reacted to it. All in all, I am just absolutely sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: