Quantcast Annual Pass question.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual Pass question.

I am very familiar with the process at DLR but clueless for WDW.

This Sept we are going to get Annual passes since we are coming back in May 09 with friends.

We will arrive on a package with prepaid tickets that we will convert to annual passports after we get there.

Where are our options to go get our annual passes? What is a typical wait to get one?

Oh, we are DVC members, so do we just have to show our card to get the discount or do we have to go somewhere specific?

Thanks!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I grabbed this from dvcmember.com

How to Purchase a Pass
    Passes can be purchased online at the Walt Disney World Ticket Store or by visiting any Guest Relations location at all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks and the Downtown Disney area.

Your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. Renewals can be purchased 30 days prior to or 30 days after the expiration date. Limit 8 purchases per household.

When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is ordered through the Walt Disney World Ticket Store an exchange certificate will be sent to you via mail. The certificate can be redeemed at any Walt Disney World® Theme Park ticket window by presenting the exchange certificate, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from exchange certificate redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from original Pass Anniversary Date.
    When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is purchased through any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney Guest Relations location, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from the date of purchase. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.
    In my experience the lines at guest relations range from non-existant to maybe 15 minutes at the worst. I think it will depend on timing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I have a question along the same lines regarding AP's.

We too are DVC members. I am considering purchasing the 10 hopper pass via the official ticket center. They currently have it for $277. But I will more than likely convert it to an AP while we're there in June assuming things continue along the path they currently are on. We will be returning in Aug.

When I pay to upgrade the tickets, how will they determine the amount I will owe. Will it be from my original purchase price, or the cost of a WDW 10 hopper ticket? I don't want to "get over" with regards to cost, but just want to know how much to expect and budget for.

Thanks!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they will calculate it based on their own ticket prices- but I do not know that for sure.

But I am wondering why you would purchase a 10 hopper if you already know you are going to go for an AP? I would just call DVC Member Services and get the vouchers now.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

For us, were going non-DVC in September with free dining and then in May staying at DVC.

I believe all that we have to do is pay the difference between what we paid for our park tickets and the cost of the annual passes.

If I'm wrong... it wouldn't be the first time.

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendy*darling View Post
    But I am wondering why you would purchase a 10 hopper if you already know you are going to go for an AP? I would just call DVC Member Services and get the vouchers now.
    We're planning on going back in Aug, and we've actually already booked the studio, but my plans fall through and I can't start working until Sept., then we may not be able to make it. Everything is in place, but could change in a minutes notice. That's the only reason I don't go ahead and get the AP now.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    I believe all that we have to do is pay the difference between what we paid for our park tickets and the cost of the annual passes.

If I'm wrong... it wouldn't be the first time.

Sticky situation! Normally they would charge you the difference between the AP price and the unused days on the tickets. But, if you try to change the tickets before they've been used, will that cancel out the dining for your whole trip?
    I'd make a phone call to your travel agent or Disney about this. You may only need to purchase a one day ticket for the package to get dining for the whole stay, and purchase an AP separately. I believe that's how they have been letting AP holders get in on the free dining.

Of course, I may be wrong, too! But it's worth your peace of mind to make the phone call, right?

I'd hate for you to get there and end up losing your dining, or losing your chance to convert to an AP after spending all that money on 10 day passes. That would not make for an enjoyable trip.
    Barbie ºoº
    Married to: Golf Grumpy
    DVC owners at BCV and SSR

...and then they made me their Chief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneydol View Post
    Sticky situation! Normally they would charge you the difference between the AP price and the unused days on the tickets. But, if you try to change the tickets before they've been used, will that cancel out the dining for your whole trip?
    I'd make a phone call to your travel agent or Disney about this. You may only need to purchase a one day ticket for the package to get dining for the whole stay, and purchase an AP separately. I believe that's how they have been letting AP holders get in on the free dining.

Of course, I may be wrong, too! But it's worth your peace of mind to make the phone call, right?

I'd hate for you to get there and end up losing your dining, or losing your chance to convert to an AP after spending all that money on 10 day passes. That would not make for an enjoyable trip.
    hmmm hadn't thought of that thanks for pointing it out! Defiantely don't want to lose the dining!

I shall be on the phone shortly.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: