Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I can tell I'm carrying this little guy low and the only place I get kicked is in the bladder too!!!!!!!!!

It wakes me up sometimes!
    I didn't really get kicked in the bladder, just in the colon.

My must haves are:
    - bouncy seat
    - swing
    - exersaucer (Jay was in that by the time he was 3 months).
    - diaper pail (not a diaper genie) - all that you need is a stick-on air freshener and you're fine.
    - feeding (booster) seat - I've got two, one for home and one for travel. There isn't enough room in my dining room for a high chair.
    - breast pump - an electric one, but have a manual one for emergencies.
    - pack-n-play - this was Jay's crib in our room for the first three months. We use it for travel.

The only thing that I didn't use much was the white noise machine. I did use it, but not as much as I expected. Maybe I'll move it into my bedroom for me to use. The pack-n-play had its own white noise and lullaby machine, so I used that one.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well today has not been a very good day.

I had my 2nd ultrasound this morning. That turned out fine. Everything is normal and they confirmed that baby is indeed a girl. Hooray! That's pretty much where the good news ends.

Then I had my 1-hour glucose test. A few hours after that I had my DR's appt. That's when I found out that I failed the 1-hour test and have to do the 3-hour. I'm so upset about this!!!! They want me to carbo load for 3 days then have the test. Seems counterintuitive to me, but oh well. They didn't tell me my sugar level, I think I'm going to call and ask. And, I don't know if it matters, but I finished drinking the glucola at 9:35am and they drew my blood at 10:20am. Anyone think that could give a false negative?

Have any of you had to do the 3-hour test and passed? Failed? Advice?

She also said I'm anemic which doesn't surprise me. And I have a yeast infection. I've never had one in my life and I'm pretty freaked out.

Oh and DD is breach. Of course I don't think this matters too much. I'm only 24 weeks and having a c-section anyway.

All in all it was a sucky day.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    Have any of you had to do the 3-hour test and passed? Failed? Advice?
    Well, I've been diabetic since I was 15, so I've dealt with this every day since then. Of course, that means I don't have to worry about the "surprise" of gestational diabetes (a good thing) but it also won't go away afterward like all you "normal people" (a bad thing).

That being said, I know LOTS of women who failed their 1-hr. test, and then passed the 3-hr. test with no problem. I wouldn't stress too much in the next 3 days. Besides it's not good for the baby.

As for the infection, from what I've heard, they are common in pregnancy. And IF your blood sugar is elevated, that makes them even more common. Take it from one who knows.

Hope tomorrow is a better day!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I just took my 1 hour as well today but I won't know the results until next Thursday at the OB appointment. They outsource their labwork!

I have a yeast infection as well [very common]...I didn't realize it could effect the test though...bummer...I'll hate it if I have to do the 3 hour!!

Hmmm...you know the lab worker that did mine said that it had to be an exact hour to get the blood drawn. So I'm not sure there though.

I do know that the poor labworker [for LabCorp] was the only person there today and I waited an hour before I was even seen and then of course an hour after that! Fun fun with a 16 month old who was not happy to sit for 2 hours!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the encouragement.

I also didn't realize that an infection could interfere, but I did read that in the research I've been doing since posting earlier. Four other things that can affect the test are illness (i've had a respiratory virus for 3 weeks), bed rest or sitting more than usual (i've been sick and not keeping up on my exercise), infection, and caffeine. Usually I don't drink caffeine but yesterday I had a couple diet cokes as I had a bad headache.

Oh and one thing doctors consider in testing is large previous babies. Well, DS was 9 lbs 12 oz. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I think the most frustrating thing is how the nurse treated me. Like I was some sort of loser because I failed this test and like I had no idea how to eat properly.

Oh Terra, I would have been so frustrated to wait that long! And with a toddler! You brave woman!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the joy of failing my 1 hour and 3 hour with DS. I was coming close to needing insulin with him when I wound up having an emergency c-section (not related to the blood sugar issue)
    I had a high glucose on my prelim blood work with Mackenzie so they did the GTT early and I failed miserably. They were so convinced that I had undiagnosed diabetes. They treated me like a diabetic..I had to have a fetal echo and start going twice a week for non-stress tests starting at 32 weeks. That was great on the pocket book! All that and my fasting glucose at my 8 week appt turned out to be 90! They put me through all of that for nothing.
    I would not worry about the 3 hour test..I am sure you will do fine. If you don't..there is nothing you can do. It does not mean you are a bad mom or that you are not eating right. I have known people that are health freaks that fail the test..it is a physiologic issue. You have had a baby before..so you know everything that you need to do and I am sure you are doing it. All of the moms in this thread are wonderful moms..we all do everything we can for our babies. Sometimes our bodies just don't cooperate!
    Good luck to you and take care of yourself!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Dakota!!!

Everytime I have to have the glucose test I freak out. When I was pg with my dd I did the later 1 hour test and it came back okay. This time, since my dad, grandparents and most of my grandfathers side of the family has diabetes, and I'm 35 now, I had to take the 1 hour at my 8 week and I'll have to take it again.

I'll keep you in my thoughts as you prepare for the 3 hour. Hopefully everything turns out okay.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the votes of confidence! I'll let you know how it goes.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Try not to stress out too much about failing your 1-hour test! When I was pregnant with DD, I failed the 1 hour and ended up passing the 3 hour. So, I was pretty worried when I went to get my 1 hour done this time. You don't have to fast before the 1 hour test, but I decided to this time, just to play it extra safe. They did draw my blood a few minutes before the hour was up, but I ended up passing - I was very relieved.

I know that having to take th 3 hour test isn't fun and is not something you want to have to do, but chances are that you'll pass it! Just think positively!! Also, don't let the nurse make you feel bad about yourself. The 1 hour is just a screening test. It isn't diagnostic, so there are many things that could contribute to a false positive. Even if you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, it isn't because of something that you did wrong. Don't let anyone make you feel like you've caused it in some way, because it's simply not true!

I had an appointment yesterday and there were trace amounts of protein in my urine sample, and I have a slight bit of swelling in my feet and ankles, so now they are watching me for the pre-eclampsia. I'm 32 weeks, so I don't have much time left. I hope nothing comes of this because I do not want to be put on bedrest - especially in the hospital. I don't think I could be away from DD for more than a few days.
    It seems like there is a cloud of gloom over a couple of us on here - here's hoping things get better ASAP!!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Amber! I hope and pray you make it to your delivery without bed rest. I'll be thinking of you and sending pixie dust your way.

Thank you for your encouragment. I'm just trying to be at peace about it and know the big guy upstairs has it under control. That's hard to do for a Type A like me!

-Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota, I'm very sorry to hear about your 1-hour test. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your 3 hour test goes better! I won't tell you not to worry because it seems like everything about prenatal testing is nervewracking!

Amber, I hope that you are feeling better soon. It sounds like being on bedrest would be too stressful for you and your DD too.

Thanks for all of the replies on the baby equipment. There are sooo many products out there that it is a little overwhelming. I am a little skeptical about the diaper geenie but DH thinks that it is a good idea... so we will see.

I have my 18-week ultrasound on Tuesday and I am very excited. I don't think I've felt any kicks yet but the baby was really active at the last US and the PA had a hard time finding the heartbeat last time because he's kind of active so I am not too worried. I guess no kicks are better than kicks in the bladder, right? It's strange, I felt FANTASTIC for the first trimester but now I am getting tired very easily.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies! I'm just taking it day by day and hopefully everything will be ok!

On another note, I have a question for all the parents who have older potty trained kids. What methods of potty training worked for you? DD is now 2 1/2. About 5-6 months ago, she was going on the potty really well, but it would only be when I took her into the bathroom. She wouldn't tell me she had to go, or go on her own. Then all of a sudden, she stopped doing even that! I'll say, "Do you have to go on the potty?" and she says "No thank you." It is cute the way she says it, but I really want to move along with this process!!

We have tried pull-ups and rewards for going on the potty, but the novelty of that stuff wore off quick! I would like to make some progress before the baby is born, even though I know she may regress a bit. The prices on diapers just went up again here and the idea of changing diapers on 2 kids all day doesn't thrill me - especially because DD is definetly capable of going on the potty. She knows when she needs to go because the other night she told me she was about to go in her bath - so I think she is ready, but how should I approach it this time?

Any advice from people who have been there would be great!!!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I had similar trials with DS and potty-training. So one day, I just put him in regular underpants. Gave him the "big boy" talk, and took him to the potty every hour. He had a few accidents, and I didn't get mad at him, just explained that when he felt he needed to go, we'd go to the potty. Within 3 days he was potty-trained. The poop-training took a little longer and we went through quite a few pairs of underwear. But it didn't take too much longer to get those under control once I figured out his schedule. I didn't switch him out of diapers at night for another 2 months or so.

Oh! The other thing I did was had my DH call us from his cell phone and say he was Bob the Builder (DS was gaga over Bob at the time) and ask him about the potty.

Good luck! I found the key was being consistent and staying calm. Kind of hard to do when you've got poop everywhere!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljv1975 View Post
    I had an appointment yesterday and there were trace amounts of protein in my urine sample, and I have a slight bit of swelling in my feet and ankles, so now they are watching me for the pre-eclampsia. I'm 32 weeks, so I don't have much time left. I hope nothing comes of this because I do not want to be put on bedrest - especially in the hospital. I don't think I could be away from DD for more than a few days.
    It seems like there is a cloud of gloom over a couple of us on here - here's hoping things get better ASAP!!
    Thats the EXACT week I got pre-eclampsia! Not to worry you but I was put on bed rest for 2 weeks and had to deliver at 37 weeks. If you have any questions, I"ll be happy to answer!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by May524 View Post
    Thats the EXACT week I got pre-eclampsia! Not to worry you but I was put on bed rest for 2 weeks and had to deliver at 37 weeks. If you have any questions, I"ll be happy to answer!
    Yikes! Was your situation like mine with just trace amount of protein in the urine and slight swelling at first?

It seems like I've been extremely paranoid lately. Last night I had a horrible leg cramp, and now my calf is sore in the same area. Of course, now I'm convinced I've got a blood clot. I swear, I'm not a hypochondriac or anything!! DH says I need to stop reading and watching TV shows about all that can go wrong and happen to you while you're pregnant. Maybe he's right, but I figure it's best to be informed! I don't remember being so worried about every little thing when I was pregnant with DD!

Dakota - Thanks for the potty training advice! I am going to try the big kid underwear technique and see what happens!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a good week-end!

Please send prayers and pixie dust my way tomorrow morning. I'm having my 3-hour glucose test. I'm not as worried about it as I was the other day, but I would still like to pass! Obviously!

I'll let you know how it turned out as soon as I know.

Good luck Amber with the big girl pants! And I agree, I wasn't this worried with my first pregnancy. And my DH says the same as yours. To stop reading all the bad things. It's hard though because knowledge is good! Hang in there!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and pixie dust for a test that goes as well as it can, Dakota!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck today Dakota!! I hope all goes well with your test!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota - Prayers and for you today!

I've got a 4 year old and potty training was kind of a long process for us. At a 1 1/2 I took her to the store and let her pick out her potty chair. We took it home and left it out for her to play with and get comfortable around it. Within a few days, we put it in the bathroom and we would try and get her to use it before bath and when we could tell she needed to go. Well, she tried a couple of times, but going poopie freaked her out and we set it aside again until she was ready. When she was two, she showed interest again, so this time, we got an insert that goes on the toilet seat and got her a step stool. She gradually started using it and within a couple of months she was using it most of the time. We did make a mistake and kept her in pull-ups too long. If she wore them she used them. We had a long weekend and we left her out of the pull-ups and by the end of the weekend she was good to go. She was almost 3 at that point. Her daycare had a rule that she had to stay dry in pull-ups for 30 daycare days, before they would let her be pull-up less, but her teacher knew she'd never make it 30 days in a pull-up. We just broke the rule and she stayed dry. We had one major setback once she turned 3. She started in the preschool class and her teacher was terrible. My dd had a tough transition and wasn't real talkative. So she forgot she needed to go and had one accident. They put her back in pull-ups and then of course we were back to the 30 day count again. UGH!!! We switched daycare and she never wore a pull-up again. Night time was a little difficult for us. I finally made my dd go cold turkey on the pull-ups at night and within a few weeks she was night trained too. She's been day trained since 3/1/07 and night trained since Labor Day '07.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I don't know the results yet, maybe no news is good news! I didn't feel sick during the test like I did during the one hour so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I was even able to get some paperwork done. I was absolutely starving when I left having not eaten for 12 hours!

The worst part about it was having the blood draws because my veins are well hidden and very small. So after 2 failed attempts in my elbow, they started drawing blood from my hands! Ouch!!!!! And on the final blood draw, the vein collapsed so my left hand is swollen, bruised and very sore.

Sometimes I wish I were a man!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: