Quantcast disney clean? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: disney clean?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else, PEOPLE ARE SLOBS!! But compared to other parks and considering the amount of people at WDW it is pretty darn clean.

But it does seem to me that each time we go to WDW we notice it seems a little bit less clean each time. Here is my theory on that- the first time you go to WDW you are just in a daze amazed by everything. The next time you are just excited to be there. By the third and fourth times you start to notice the little things that you overlooked before (trash, gum, etc..). So I guess that the more you go the more you will notice those little things.
    Thats my

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    Overflowing garbage can in MK in the Ariel's Grotto area and really messy bathrooms.(Water and paper towels overflowing and all over the floor in a few bathrooms )

We the messy bathroom issues too. 2 bathrooms in MK one by Pinochhios and one in the area were Fantasyland and Liberty Square meet. The floors were allllll wet with soaked paper towels on the floor. My biggest issue was the worry about slipping on it!

I think the parks are generally clean though. Think about things you see in everyday life. Trash on the side of the road, etc. Our Walmart is the grossest place I ever seen! It even smells funny! Yuck! I hate that place! A lot of people are disgusting! Theres bound to be a little bit of a mess!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Von-Drake View Post
    . . . Considering the sheer number people in the Disney Parks each day I still consider it clean . . .
    1) This presupposes a "relative" cleanliness.
    2) I do not go along.
    3) It is either clean or it is not clean.
    4) Disney cleanliness has slipped since Eisner.
    5) With Ogre (aka, Iger), it is getting worse.
    6) Many Cm's complain about lack of maintenance and janitorial.

NOTE: Many years ago McDonald's had a commercial about cleanliness. The tag line was "You only notice clean, when it isn't.".
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I never knew they had painting days!

It makes me feel better!

I also agree that the bathrooms are much cleaner than any other theme park! But the bathroom near the BC pool is soaking wet!
    Coming Up: Boardwalk Villas - July '13!
    Contemporary Resort: '02, '04
    Beach Club Villas: '04, '06, '09
    Boardwalk Villas: '05, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Swan Resort: '07
    Villas at Wilderness Lodge: '08

Post Thanks / Like

In the three trips my family and I have made to Disney, I have found it to always be pretty clean. There is constant refurbishment going on. I think they do an excellent job of keeping it extremely nice. As has been said before, not all parks are this way. During the busy times, I would imagine it would be more difficult to keep things as clean. And again, as has been said before, there are just some people who don't seem to care about where they throw their trash. Good rule of thumb, no matter where you are, keep some wet wipes on you for cleaning your hands after having touched things that thousands of others have touched.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WDW24 View Post
    recently when we've went,
    <sigh>

Actually, I have somewhat noticed it. But, I don't totally blame Disney. I think the larger portion of the blame goes to the guests. Doesn't matter how many people they have cleaning, they're out numbered by people who refuse to properly dispose of their trash to begin with.

Actually, I kind of hate it when I see the CMs picking up trash. I'd prefer those tasks be done at night. However, if they waited until the parks were empty the place would be a dump by the end of the day.

When I see a drink cup in the bushes while waiting in line, I don't instantly blame WDW, I blame the person who tossed it there.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I remember having this exact conversation with my father in 1979 0r 1980. We had gone to WDW in the mid 70's and then went back in either 79 or 80. During the late 70's trip my father swore up and down that things were worse than they were during our mid '70's trip. Eventually we found some pictures taken during the earlier trip that captured some burned out light bulbs and some peeling paint outside the Hall of President's.

I think that both my father in the late '70's and those of us now are to a large degree a victim of our expectations. We have all talked so much about how perfect Disney is at maintenance and cleanliness that when we find anything the slightest bit amiss we automatically think that things are slipping. In looking at photos from our many WDW trips over the years I really don't think things are significantly worse than what they have ever been.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is perfect or that they couldn't do better at times. But I think the same thing could always have been said about WDW.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

In all of my visits I've rarely seen Disney dirty. It is the cleanest public place I've ever visited especially when compared to other amusement parks. I've never noticed peeling paint or anything of that nature in or around the parks.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

All things considered WDW is very clean, You want to see a dirty park, go to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. There are certain queues that they should be ashamed of (namely Batman and The Chiller).
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I was just sitting here thinking how much I wish my own home and yard were as well-maintained as Disney property. <sigh>

I know I have pealing paint I need to get to, and I just realized I should really clean that upstaris bathroom. I don't have a staff professionally hired to do it, but I also don't have 10,000 people using it everyday, either.
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

It's been almost 2 years since our last visit, but DH & I both think it's very clean. The cleanest of any theme/amusement park that we've ever been to!

I always carry hand sanitizer with me though, before eating or while riding the bus back to the resort I think it's a safe measure to de-germ!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Take a trip to your local park or Six Flags to see what dirty is. They might get 2-3K people on any give day.

Now Disney has 40-50K people parading through their parks every day 365 days a year, some things are gonna be missed.

I have found especially over the last couple of years that the upkeep of the parks is pretty incredible considering the sheer number of people traipsing through at any given time.

Gum in fact is not available for purchase anywhere on Disney property for obvious reasons.
    1987-Polynesian 1st trip
    1992-Polynesian
    1996-Hilton
    1998-Carribean Beach
    2000-2 Week Honeymoon First Disney Wonder then Carribean Beach
    2002-Polynesian
    2003-Off property
    Oct 2004-All Star Movie
    May 2004-All Star Sports
    2005-All Star Movie
    2006-Pop Century
    2007-Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the gum or peeling paint. What I see are people who will NOT SMOKE IN DESIGNATED AREAS and just walk around smoking. I am soooooooo allergic to smoke and this just gags me. Disney has several smoking areas all over the parks that have nice settings. Please, please, smokers, for those of us whose lungs literally start tightening up when we smell it, please use the designated areas. Thanks so much.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Compared to the borough in which I live, Disney is PRISTINE!
    I hear that man. I am always amazed when I go to other cities just now dirty NYC is. I am from Manhattan and I guess I just dont notice the filth anymore! Disney world is super clean!
    Mike D.

Coronado Springs: Aug 2008
    Pop Century: 2007
    Port Orleans French Quarter: 2006
    All Star Music: 2005
    Offsite: 1994

LETS GO YANKEES

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is still amazingly clean compared to other amusement parks. I am always pleased with the cleanliness of the washrooms especially.
    If the parks are not as clean as they used to be, it's because more of US are not behaving appropriately. There is no reason to spit out your gum on the ground, or worse yet, stick it to the wall inside an attraction. There are garbage bins everywhere - use them. I don't hesitate to suggest the litterers bend over and pick up their trash. Besides, the more Disney has to pay people to clean up after us, the sooner we can expect the next price hike!
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
    All things considered WDW is very clean, You want to see a dirty park, go to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. There are certain queues that they should be ashamed of (namely Batman and The Chiller).
    Great Adventure's queues make me want to throw up. I see cobwebs and all sorts of junk they COULD clean up, but don't. It's really gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Piano 23 View Post
    I hear that man. I am always amazed when I go to other cities just now dirty NYC is. I am from Manhattan and I guess I just dont notice the filth anymore! Disney world is super clean!
    I would like to stand up for Manhattan! I live here too, and although the train stations are enough to make me , we aren't that dirty of a city overall. You will find rats and bugs in ANY major city. It just makes me upset when people complain over seeing a rat. There are rats EVERYWHERE. Grow up!

Sorry for that rant . Back to WDW: has ANYONE noticed the queue for BTM to be absolutley disgusting? Bottles and everything thrown EVERYWHERE. Whenever I go on that ride, it is still always nasty. I of course don't blame Disney- they even go above what they should be doing. It's all of the pigs who think it's okay to throw your empty bottles on the ground instead of walking the 2 steps to the garbage can.
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    6) Many Cm's complain about lack of maintenance and janitorial.
    It's not so much a lack of janitorial in general as it is a lack of janitorial under the age of 45 that can speak more than 5 words of English and are actually capable of working for more than 5 minutes between sitting around for 45 minutes watching TV.

Bitter? Maybe. I've had a lot of run-ins with custodial and I was not impressed.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

I was very impressed by how clean everything was when we were there. And everything seemed well-maintained also. The fact that one dirty bathroom stands out means that all the others over the nine days we were there were fine. (The dirty one was in the Contemporary near the Concorse Restaurant. It was bad, very bad.)

And all the landscaping was so nicely done. No weeds, no scrubby-looking areas. And we only saw people working on the landscaping once the whole time we were there.

We were very pleased with the cleanliness and upkeep.

Deb
    POFQ, Oct. 2007
    hoping / wishing / dreaming / praying for April 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I think that for how big WDW is and how many people come into the area every day that its very clean and they work very hard on their cleanliness.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Eh. I mean it could just be my failing memory, but I definitely think their upkeep standards have slipped in recent years.

I don't know what bathrooms the folks in this thread are using, but virtually every bathroom I've used in WDW in recent years has been kind of messy. Mostly it's just the water all over the place, but sometimes there are paper towels on the floors and sinks, and there have been more times than I'd like where I've seen "things" in some of the potties that shouldn't have been there.

Park maintenance, too, has slowly gone downhill year by year. Don't believe me? Look around you next time you're riding Winnie the Pooh or Buzz Lightyear or the TTA. There's plenty of peeling paint, broken things, and dirt to go around. And if you don't want to see it, that's cool with me. I'm actually jealous of those that can look the other way, but it bothers me. I admit it.

I will say, though, that if your first visit to Disney World was after, say, the mid-80's or so, you don't know what you're missing. You never saw the Magic Kingdom in its heyday.

That being said, I do think that there are some factors at play besides just cost cutting or what have you. I mean Magic Kingdom is pushing 40 years old ... some dirt is just gonna happen (although oddly enough, it seems like the most poorly maintained attractions are the new ones ).

Also, the resort is too big any more. They can't keep enough. Not enough bodies or hours in the day to clean everything when you have 20+ resorts, 2 water parks, 4 major theme parks, etc.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: