Quantcast Saratoga Springs: exterior or interior entrance to rooms?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs: exterior or interior entrance to rooms?

My family and I will be staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time in december. I checked out the pictures of the resort, but cannot tell whether the individual doors to rooms on set up like a deluxe resort, interior hallways leading to rooms, or more like a moderate.

Also, any opinions on whether to request a dedicated two bedroom villa or non-dedicated (?). We will have six adults in our party.
    SSR 07
    BC 07, 08, 09
    Grand Flo 94, 06, 07
    Poly 91 & 2006
    WL 2005, 2006, 08
    Ft. W. Cabins 93 & 2004
    P.O. Riverside 2000
    AKL 98
    AKL- Kidani village 09
    CR. 97
    Yacht Club 95
    Dixie Landings 92
    Fort Wilderness Campground 89

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The building we stayed in last weekend has both interior and exterior halls but the interior halls aren't like what you'd find at Boardwalk or BCV. You don't go through a door to get to the interior halls you just walk into them. There is that clear as mud? We were in the middle of the building, right next to the elevator and we had an exterior hall. The rooms on either end of the building had interior halls, but they aren't air conditioned or anything.(The halls that is, not the rooms.) However there are a lot of buildings and I think some were built at different times so some of the buildings could be totally different.
    PS - Boiler Up!
    1972-1989 - Offsite
    1992 - Dixie Landings (Mansions)
    1993 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    1994, 1995 - FW
    2002, 2003, 2005 - DCL
    1998-2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 - DVC
    2004-2006 - POR
    2001-2007 - Various All-Star Resorts
    2005, 2006 - Pop Century
    2007 - Dolphin, CBR, ASMo, ASSp, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

SSR has exterior hallways.
    It doesn't have the same look or feel as a Value or Moderate. Some areas "feel" a bit more protected from the outside, but are still exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy22 View Post
    PS - Boiler Up!
    Go Purdue!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at 2 different building there and both had the exterior doors. They do have the covered sections that cut through the building but there is no door, just open hallways. I have stayed at resorts with interior hallways and the only time it would make a diffence is if you were going in the hot summer months. Enjoy your stay..... I love the great bus service from there, no stopping at other resorts.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Who wants the privacy? The problem w/ the 2bedroom villa and 6 adults is that the rooms are not equal. A one bedroom has the master King bedroom/bath and the studio has the queen and sofa bed. A two bdrm is a studio and 1 bdrm not 2 - 1brdms. You can't join the 2 1-bdrms or 2 studios. Big difference in pts/price. I'd be more concerned about the interior layout than the connecting doors.
    We just came back and had 4 adults in a studio. It was cozy but spacious. I would have preferred the 1bdrm.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I would not request a dedicated 2 bedroom for six adults, this way you can actually have 2 bathrooms!!

We have only stayed in the Congress Park section, but I would have to say after checking out the rest, I would only EVER ask for this area. It was wonderful. And yes, the doors are exterior.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    I would not request a dedicated 2 bedroom for six adults, this way you can actually have 2 bathrooms!!
    All 2 bedrooms- dedicated or not, have 2 full bathrooms.

The differences between a dedicated and lock-out 2 bedroom are this:

Lock-out is a 1 bedroom and a studio, both with doors to the hallway. Studio side has a queen bed and a queen pull out couch.There is a connecting door between the 2 units. But both units can be used separately or as a 2 bedroom.
    Dedicated- same floor plan as the lockout, but there is not door to the "outside" from the studio/2nd bedroom side. That 2nd bedroom also does not have the mini-kitchen, but it does have 2 queen beds (no pull out couch). There is a door to close between the living room and the bedroom if you like.

Both units have the full size pull out couch in the living room, a full kitchen and a washer/dryer unit.

The dedicated is best for families with smaller kids or those who don't need/want 2 exits out of the villa.

The lock-out is best for 2 families sharing the villa- it's like they really have 2 separate units- like if you got connecting hotels rooms. You can open the connecting door- or not- as needed. But both sides have access to the outside.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for a spectacular explanation!
    2008 @ VWL Turkey Day 8 day Adventure
    2008 Oct. @ BCV can we not get rained out of MNSSHP?????
    2008 Easter @ BCV & AKV 8 Days of Joy!
    2007 Nov. DVC going home to VWL & MVMCP gotta do it twice!
    2007 Sept. DVC going home to BCV & 1st MNSSHP boo!
    2006 DEC. POLY MKV. Concierge & MVMCP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: