Quantcast Hairspray (2007) [Merged Threads] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw it for the second time and I love it even more! I have even found a bootleg on a certain internet video site... minus the first 7 min!

I want to see it again! I may not see the one with the lyrics, but I'll see it again before it comes on DVD.. and it better do that soon! I have to wait til December for Pirates... so this better come before... if its after Christmas.. I'll just freak!

I love it. The soundtrack is even better than the movie because there's songs not on the movie!

Oh.. and Zac Efron's voice is DEVINE!!!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hairspray is the rare movie musical that has its own legs--the film does not use the musical as a crutch. The film uses the stage production as a guideline, not a blueprint.

The cast was the most anticipated part of this film since the buzz began. Virtually everybody in every role was perfect. Those who idolize Harvey Fierstein's portrayal of Edna Turnblad may cringe when thinking about John Travolta trying the role, but give Danny Zuko a chance! Travolta's version of Edna is not the same as Fierstein's, but it is funny and different. "(You're) Timeless to Me"--a romantic duet between Edna (Travolta) and Wilbur Turnblad (Christopher Walken)--was my favorite scene of the entire movie.

The rest of the cast did solid jobs, including former Nickelodeon chick Amanda Bynes (I grew up watching her on such classics as "All That" and "The Amanda Show") as Penny Pingleton--almost always my favorite character with her perfect wardrobe, overbearing mother and sexual innuendos.

Can anybody believe Zac Efron went from "High School Musical" to Link Larkin? I was more skeptical of Efron in this film than I was Travolta, but he was perfect. He has such wonderful facial expressions, and his part of "You Can't Stop the Beat" was perfectly timed.

I left the theater with a gigantic smile on my face wanting more. In some ways, I enjoyed "Hairspray" more than December's "Dreamgirls." "Hairspray" kept me engaged from the first beat to the final note. Though "Dreamgirls" was my favorite film of 2006 and a movie I have watched probably six times, I begin to tire midway through the second act.

Overall, "Hairspray" was my third-favorite movie of this summer behind "Once" and "Ratatouille."
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I drug my boys to the theater tonight to see 'Hairspray' with me. One enjoyed it, the other only saw about 30 minutes of it. Being a 'Hairspray' newbie - I loved it! Caught myself moving in my seat and smiling a lot.

Particularly liked Michelle Pfeiffer (weird - a lot of her moves/characteristics reminded me of her 'Grease 2' role) and Amanda Bynes (too darn funny). James Marsden is definitely on my radar these days. Can't wait to see him in 'Enchanted'.

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOSH! I give in, I absolutely LOVED the movie! I was taken from the first song ... and even managed to enjoy John Travolta ... I agree with Melanie, Michelle reminded me of Grease 2 and baby she wants a COOL RIDER! Wonderful film and thanks to 2 FABULOUS friends I have the soundtrack already for my car tomorrow!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Hairspray again Sunday. I thought it would be good to get into a movie theater after church, since the forecast was for temps to climb to 106 degrees or more.

It was really hard to sit still in my seat and I wanted to sing along. Then I realized - there is a sing along version!! So, now I definitely want to see that. I found a theater in my area that is listed as one of the theaters that has the sing along version, but when I look up the times it just says Hairspray without the words sing along.

Has anyone been to see the sing along version - or plans to see it? I'm wondering if people actually get into it and participate or if the majority of the audience ends up being people who thought they were going to see the "normal" version.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard about them, but I don't have time to go to one, nor do I have enough fanatic friends to go with me. I would like to go, but I guess I'll have to wait to have my own sing along version at home... alone....

By the way, when is it supposed to come out on DVD? I heard November, but I can't find any confirmation yet.
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought I'd find a bunch of "big" friends and then a bunch of blonde friends and we could really belt it out during "Big, Blonde, and Beautiful". I'm not big or blonde, but I am beautiful.

I haven't heard about the DVD release date. I would imagine it would be a good Christmas seller if it is released in November.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think "Hairspray" has a DVD release date yet. I bet it'll come out in the fall for the holiday season.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    I don't think "Hairspray" has a DVD release date yet. I bet it'll come out in the fall for the holiday season.
    A DVD release site that I frequent is estimating a December 2007 release. I think that sounds right so it can capitalize on the holiday season. I know what my daughter and I will be doing over her Christmas school break if we have that DVD available to us.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I did see it and I liked it (Despite the fact I felt that Harvey Fierstein or Paul Vogt should've been Edna...I just didn't like Travolta.)...though I really wish more movies were like it.

And by that, I was absolutely disgusted that they were making fun of an overweight girl in this new movie, "Good Luck Chuck". It looked to me that she was an overeater because people treated her badly, the schlubby guy in it says she's going to end up alone, and I'm hoping the movie will have the fairness to have her and the schlubby guy fall in love. I mean, it's really wrong to make fun of people who have issues that aren't meant for ridicule. I like seeing an average girl get the guy. It should happen in more movies. Thus, I'm not giving Lionsgate my money if they're going to keep making movies that ridicule people with problems.
    Going back May '08.

My likes-POTC, Haunted Mansion, Muppets 3D

Looking forward to-Simpsons, Star Tours 2, Harry Potter, visiting Tokyo Disneyland and USJ!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw a release date of November 20th for Hairspray DVD!!! I know what we will be watching on Thanksgiving Weekend!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

We often listen to the soundtrack during breakfast (DS3 loves wagging his finger at me when he sings Mama I'm a Big Girl Now -- Diana Ross, he ain't!) -- DS9 wants to see the movie since he now knows the music, and I have told him about the story -- It may not be Thanksgiving up here in Canada, but I know what we'll be watching that weekend as well!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I just saw a release date of November 20th for Hairspray DVD!!! I know what we will be watching on Thanksgiving Weekend!!
    How exciting! I've been waiting for the official date, since someone leaked it on the Teen Choice Awards for November!

I'm so excited!

Post Thanks / Like

DD and I can't wait for the DVD release on 11/20. We went to see it again last week. Great the second time around.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I just preordered my copy of the Hairspray 2 disk Shake and Shimmy edition from Amazon.com (and used 2-day shipping, so at the very latest I'll get it on friday, nov. 23rd). There is no way that you will catch me in any store like best buy, circuit city, etc... that week. Nosiree. I do not like to deal with those holiday crowds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dw2649 View Post
    I just preordered my copy of the Hairspray 2 disk Shake and Shimmy edition from Amazon.com
    Funny you should mention that.

Order through the following links, and help INTERCOT in the process. It's a win-win for everyone!

Hairspray (Full-Screen Single-Disc Edition) (2007)

Hairspray (Widescreen Single-Disc Edition) (2007)

Hairspray (Two-Disc Special Edition) (2007)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: