Quantcast NEW THREAD STARTED, WITH SPOILERS. Harry Potter VII [Merged Threads] - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How many of you stood in line for the new Harry Potter book?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stood in line for the book

34 60.71%
  • I will wait a few days and then buy the book

7 12.50%
  • I don't buy the books, I wait for the movies

3 5.36%
  • I couldn't care less about the books

11 19.64%
  • Who is Harry Potter?

1 1.79%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

You know we could always discuss it, as long as we put spoiler on it first and then but the rest that we want to say in white. I'm dying to talk about it too. Connorsmom, I see what you mean about the scar comment, and agree with you on that. But what I don't get is why if she said rewrote it, then WHY wouldn't she make it flow a little better.

*SPOILER*
    I would have loved to read about the weddings.
    Last edited by TigChatt; 07-23-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: I just couldn't add the names. I could still see the names even with the white
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished last night and might start reading it again! I actually have the urge to re-read the entire series.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TigChatt View Post
    You know we could always discuss it, as long as we put spoiler on it first and then but the rest that we want to say in white. I'm dying to talk about it too.
    Well, earlier in the thread it was asked that we stick to a request that was made on Harry Potter boards across the internet not to discuss for 10 days, even with spoiler font, and most agreed. But I did mention earlier in the thread that in the past we've just talked about it with spoiler warnings, but if the majority wanted to wait the 10 days than I would too. Maybe we should've done a poll on that, lol.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snifflesmcg View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything is wrong with the books or movies at all. I was just wondering who would stand in a gigantic line waiting for a book at midnight.
    If you preordered the book from a book chain NOT called Barnes and Noble, you probably only waited until 12:15. Books a Million had a GREAT voucher system set up, so that even though there were over 2000 people there to get the book, my wife and I sat in the cafe until 12:15, when the line was gone, walked up and got our book.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

My 10 year old daughter finished the entire book in less than 48 hours! She got her copy at 12:01am on 7/21 and finished it yesterday. She loved it and is about to read it again!

Post Thanks / Like

We need another option on the poll! I preordered mine from Amazon, and got it in the mail on Saturday. Perfect for me, since I had to work the whole weekend and waiting in line was not an option.
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't wait in line nor pre-order it. There was a bit of last minute competition from some supermarkets as to who could sell it cheapest and I was lucky enough to live near the cheapest option so I strolled in on Saturday morning and picked it up. I didn't have a chance to start reading it until Sunday but it is all finished now and I did enjoy it.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered mine on Amazon and had it Saturday morning! I've already read it!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

The seventh book was AMAZING!!!!!! I loved it, and it is now my most favorite book. Ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan369 View Post
    The seventh book was AMAZING!!!!!! I loved it, and it is now my most favorite book. Ever.
    I am going to wholeheartedly agree with you there.

I was an English major in College. I have read a LOT of books. I have to say, I am amazed at JKR's talent...this is the best book I've ever read, with the best story and writing style. Period.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and two of her friends were home and reading on the couch before 1 am Saturday morning and read straight through and finished about 1 pm Saturday afternoon. I was still finishing up re-reading book 6, so I didn't start on 7 until about 9 pm Saturday night. I read most of the day Sunday. I have never been so excited and yet so sad to read a book. JK Rowling is an amazing author. She wrapped it all up just beautifully!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I am amazed at JKR's talent...this is the best book I've ever read, with the best story and writing style. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I have never been so excited and yet so sad to read a book. JK Rowling is an amazing author. She wrapped it all up just beautifully!
    Couldn't agree with you both more!!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    and yet so sad to read a book.

I agree. It is sad to see the story end as I, and millions of us, have enjoyed it so much. My daughter has grown up with Harry and we have loved the series as a family "activity".

I actually put off reading the book until Sunday night. My wife and daughter went right through it starting 12:30am Sat. morning. I was torn between wanting to read and know and not wanting it to end.

I think it is one of the best books of the series. It is hard to put down.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I agree of course with the general sentiment... the first thing I thought was "Wow. It's all over. Now what do I do?" And although I have always read almost nonstop for the others, I felt that I especially had to do that because of the fear of someone spoiling it for me, which is ashame really. There was a kid trying to read the book at my camp and this other person who had read an online summary was asking me questions about it and I was just like.. be quiet! Can't you see he is still reading!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Done. Finished while eating lunch today.

You didn't think I was going to hide did you???????
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

Has it been 10 days yet? My husband hasn't finished yet. It took him forever last time too and I had to keep Dumbledors death a secret like forever. ...Luckily a friend of mine said he wanted to know what happened but didn't feel like reading the book right now so I got to talk with him about it.
    Last edited by krose78; 07-24-2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: misspelling
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pshokie View Post
    Done. Finished while eating lunch today.

You didn't think I was going to hide did you???????
    Allow me to reiterate a point I made earlier...thank you.

I can honestly say that, even though you weren't 100% accurate in your forecasting, your information and research and reasoning really helped me get through Book 7 with a better understanding of what was going on.

That goes for everybody here. Thanks for making this such a great thread!

By the way...my wife and I both think this was our favorite book by anybody (and believe it or not, that usurps Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut for me, and Handling Sin by Michael Malone for her). Perfect ending to a perfect story.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I finished last night. My son and I went to a release party at a bookstore and lots of fun. I don't know if it is my favorite book in the series ( i thinkg I have to re read it) but it was a wonderful way to end the series. Hurrah!! I am sad that Harry Potter is over as a series it has been such a wonderful ride for the last few years. I really got into it after the release of book 5 so I've been a potterhead for about 4 years. I'm going to miss that part. Any how can't wait to start discussing....
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Woo hoo!

Some exciting news from JK Rowling, via an article on MSNBC (from her Today show interview that I posted about)

Please note: This article has SPOILERS! I will use the SPOILER font (highlight to read) - but, if you are still reading the book, please stop reading this post NOW!

I know we had said we wouldn't discuss it yet, and I can delete this if people want, but I thought the info too good not to share. But, you have been warned!!

From MSNBC's Website:

Spoiler alert: This story reveals some key plot points in the final Harry Potter book. So if you've haven't finished the book, J.K. Rowling asks that you not read this story.

For the millions in the midst of the seven stages of mourning for the end of the Harry Potter era, take heart.
    In her first tell-all interview since the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” J.K. Rowling told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira she "probably will" publish a Potter encyclopedia, promising many more details about her beloved characters and the fate of the wizarding world beyond the few clues provided in the seventh book’s epilogue.
    “I suppose I have (started) because the raw material is all in my notes,” Rowling said.

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.
    Hogwarts, for example, has a new headmaster (“McGonagall was really getting on a bit”), and Rowling said she can see Harry going back to give the "odd talk" on Defense Against the Dark Arts. That class, by the way, is now led by a permanent professor since Voldemort’s death broke the jinx which didn’t allow a teacher to remain in the position for more than a year.
    Rowling offered up these details freely to Vieira and the 14 fans who asked her questions at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland on Tuesday. In fact, now that she is now longer burdened with guarding the secrets of book seven, Rowling seemed to delight in discussing her plot choices and clearing up the mysteries that have previously surrounded the books.
    The character Rowling couldn’t bear to kill One of the big stories that has been floating among fans for over a year is that one character gets a reprieve from death, while two others Rowling didn’t intend to kill end up dying in “Deathly Hallows.”
    “Mr. Weasley, he was the person who got a reprieve,” Rowling said. “When I sketched out the books, Mr. Weasley was due to die in Book Five.”
    Instead, another father dies in the end of Book Seven.
    Though Rowling couldn’t bear to kill off Arthur Weasley, that didn't mean the other deaths in the book were easy to take. Given the blood bath that is “Deathly Hallows,” the writing of it was bound to be an emotional roller coaster.
    But nothing in the entire process of the series was more difficult than writing the scene when Harry, accompanied by his deceased lost loved ones – including his parents James and Lily and his godfather Sirius — walks into the forest with the intent of sacrificing his life in the name of defeating Voldemort, Rowling said, adding it is her favorite passage in all seven books.
    “I didn't cry as I was writing (that chapter), but when I finished writing, I had enormous explosion of emotion and I cried and cried and cried,” Rowling said.

“That was partly because of the content — and partly because it had been planned for so long and been roughed out for so long. And to write the definitive version felt like a — a huge climax.”
    “The Deathly Hallows” is the climax to the last 17 years of Rowling’s life, a time when she has gone from a single, divorced mother living on public assistance to a happily married mother of three and one richest women in the world.
    It’s now time to sit back for a bit and enjoy the life that Harry has given her, Rowling said. And, when she’s ready, there’s always that encyclopedia waiting in the wings.
    “I’m not going to do it tomorrow because I’d really like a break,” Rowling said, laughing. “So you may be waiting.”

So, it means more waiting (and probably a long time!) but I love the idea that she will do an encyclopedia and fill us in on so much!!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    Allow me to reiterate a point I made earlier...thank you.

I can honestly say that, even though you weren't 100% accurate in your forecasting, your information and research and reasoning really helped me get through Book 7 with a better understanding of what was going on.

That goes for everybody here. Thanks for making this such a great thread!

By the way...my wife and I both think this was our favorite book by anybody (and believe it or not, that usurps Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut for me, and Handling Sin by Michael Malone for her). Perfect ending to a perfect story.
    Hmmm...not 100% correct?? How dare you say that! I was atleast 10% correct , 15% if you grade on a curve.

But even in my complete failure, I am glad that I could get people excited and theorizing. So I would like to say both thank you and you're welcome.

I must say, it was fun tossing around the theories.....I will miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    So, it means more waiting (and probably a long time!) but I love the idea that she will do an encyclopedia and fill us in on so much!!!
    While I like this idea, I am a little cautious/skeptical. Having purchased and read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Quidditch Through the Ages, I can say that while entertaining, they are no where near the level of the novels.

I really hope she takes some time off, re-steels herself, and writes the encyclopedia almost as a series of short stories, rather than facts and figures....

Mind you nothing huge, but say a 10 page story on the "Life and Times of Dean Thomas", etc.
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: