Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
It seems inconsistent (although perhaps understandable) for them to say they are "cashless", yet allow you to apply cash to your room account. That, in essence, means they accept cash at the front desk. Will they also accept cash to purchase gift cards? I have to think that that, at least, has to be a possibility somewhere in Jambo House.

Visitors to the Lodge will be the ones most likely affected by this.

Steve
Why would you think that?

Certainly they would want to take cash at the front desk, but if they could do away with cash at all other registers within the resort they could save a boatload of money themselves and not have to worry about transferring cash through the resort to 'reload' all the registers, or collect 'cash drops' throughout the day.

I do agree that visitors, those not actually staying at AKL, could be affected, but how many actually go visit with the intention of spending cash? A large portion of the visiting public are now using the MB or some sort of payment app to take care of their spending.

I took cash with me every day of my last trip and spent a grand total of $0.00 of it in 8 days. Everything went on my MB and I was very happy with the experience. Did not overspend and still got everything I wanted (i.e. souvenirs) or needed (i.e. food, drink, snacks, etc.) while I was there.

Overspending is going to happen with or without cash. That is a concern for the person spending to maintain their composure.

As far as gift cards are concerned, I don't see why they wouldn't allow those to be 'charged' to your MB just like anything else. OR, they could not sell gift cards at AKL and you would have to go somewhere else for them. How many people actually BUY gift cards AT the resort?