Quantcast Pirates of the Carribean Online Game is Opening - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It runs very choppy on my lap top for the first few minutes. Then it slowly picks up and runs smoother as time goes on until it crashes. I just got a gateway laptop for christmas, not sure what you are running on.

No true grog in this game...
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    They got no rum in the bars. Is sea water good for you?
    LOL seen Madagascar?
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

How can I get a code to play?
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Calling all beta testers... Stress Test #3 is on the horizon!

What: Stress Test #3
    When: Sunday, April 29 - Noon to 3 pm (PDT)
    Where: PiratesOnline.com/beta

Sunday, April 29, we'll hold our third official Stress Test to get a feel for the game's current capacity based on the latest game build. Data from this test, coupled with all of your feedback throughout the beta period, will help us to optimize the game, and allow us to deliver the best experience possible for the launch later this spring.

So... let's go ahead and push the game to its limits! Grab your pirate brethren (as long as they also have beta access) and join the adventure from noon until 3 pm (PDT) this Sunday. Remember, this is still beta and all the extra pirates might produce some extra problems - thanks for your support!

Look for another Stress Test coming May 9!

April 19, 2007 [pirates_1_0_5_2]

More improvements to server stability.

April 16, 2007 [pirates_1_0_5_1]

Improvements to server stability.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

April 27, 2007 [pirates_1_0_6_0]

• Taking a ship out via the dockworker has been simplified.
    • Added boss battle: Rescuing the Black Pearl.
    • Splitting and doubling has been added to Blackjack.
    • A Log-out button has been added to the options panel.
    • When you log in, you will appear on the last island you visited. Major islands have jails.
    • The ability to teleport to a friend has been added.
    • There is now a new user interface in place for currently targeted enemy.
    • Enemy aggro has been tuned so enemies don't gang up on people as often.
    • New name tags reveal the difficulty of an Enemy relative to a player. Red: Hard to defeat. Yellow: Near equal to player. Green: Easy to defeat. Gray: Very easy to defeat.
    • The Lookout system is now defaulted to Invite Crew.
    • You should not be able to buy or equip a weapon before you've earned the right to have it.

Other items to watch out for:

• We will be removing the deploy button from the ships panel - you will have to use the dockworker to deploy a ship.
    • Look for missing water after dying in a jungle, cave, or swamp.
    • We are doing a quest database patch, so try logging in with an old avatar that has quests and make sure the quests still show up.
    Playing the game real fast this morning, the game didn't have the border around the window for me with the ad's and everything. The game ran alot faster than normal, and all of the important information (especially in ship battle) have been updated and are alot sleeker. I can now easily see this game being released on May 7th or 9th, the two dates that have been mentioned on a bunch of game sites.

BTW, the 3rd stress test starts at 3pm EST or Noon PST.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the new ad-free border yesterday night while I was trying to go on. Loading took a longer time than usual, probably because of the new changes. Missed the Stress Test (ROAR!), but I got some gold and maybe I can get my own ship now ^_^
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

to get a small amount of gold quickly (200 - 300) look for buried treasure.

it will re-appear frequently and in the same spot.

I look for places to fight & dig treasure, rinse and repeat.

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, dig in the same spot. you don't even have to move. Also, playing poker nets a lot of gold quickly as well. Bet through all the rounds then the last round keep raising until the computer quits.

Looks like once again a lot of my bug reports were fixed! glad to see good changes are coming!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

The weapons problem is still broken. By accident I put something in my #F1 slot and the cutlass went away. Now all my stuff in my weapons are red (cutlass, gun, etc) and I'm not trained in anything. Anything I had bought is goes to lala land again. Been like this for a few weeks and just getting worse. So without the cutlass you can't get multiple enemies.

The quests however have been fixed. You can click to stop the one you are doing, so it reset it.

There is a mini quest you can do with the gold and if you visit the guy he gives you 150 gold each time for digging it up. He's the guy that runs all over by the one building between the harbor master and the boat guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I tried this again this morning. I still have no idea what I'm doing. Last thing I did.. was Tia Dalma gave me a compass..

..and I'm lost.

I got out of the woods and am stuck in a cave with crazy skeletons chasing me.

Also, I got poor Swabby stuck running and can't make her stop. Does anyone know how I started that so I don't do it again? She can't do anything running around.

Yeah.. I've never been a gamer. I may have to hand over my keys to the kid in the house.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

All they do is run, you can't walk. Sounds like you went the wrong way in the cave. When you crash next time, should take you to an outer area by the water or by the market place (where Turner's shop was).

Also make sure your menu on the right is not up. If it is, its very hard to move around. I usually use up and down arrows to walk/run and the mouse to turn go side to side. Makes it smoother and easier.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i had the same thing happen with my first pirate. I was trying to get the steel cutlass into my F1 slot so I could use it. ended up with dagger there and cutlass listed as need to train to use it.

Have reported it a few times, but still no fix.

Also. you can get potions to heal you, can be used in mid battle. You can carry 3 at a time.

Look for medicine man. PR on way to govenors mansion from dock

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks cat! I hope I start anywhere but in there.. sigh.

What I mean by running is I can't be still. I can't stop! I can't dig or fight because I run right by.. kind of silly. Can you imagine trying to play poker running around in circles?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Thanks cat! I hope I start anywhere but in there.. sigh.

What I mean by running is I can't be still. I can't stop! I can't dig or fight because I run right by.. kind of silly. Can you imagine trying to play poker running around in circles?
    What keys are you using for moving? I use up and down arrow and the mouse for side to side. When I'm close to where I want to go, I stop hitting the up key, then just hit it lightly. I do go whizzing by the enemies sometimes! We'll need to ask Nachocat, I think she had that problem as first. Now she just keeps falling off her ship.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the gold tips guys! I could use 'em I got 100 or more gold so I think I can buy a ship now. I get gold by plunderin' the Navy ships. Gets you a nice amount of gold. I tried to swim all the way to Tortuga.. but I stopped at the High Seas 'cause I needed a ship. I guess you can't go the cheap way all the time
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.. now I'm jealous. Even Doll has this figured out.

I was using the up key to move forward.. now I don't need any key, I just run all the time, hands free.. sigh. I do need to use the left and right keys to turn. I'm getting dizzy because I can't stop and rest my eyes.

I'll try again soon. Did anyone get their user names? I'm still going by Swabby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytinkerbellprincess View Post
    I tried to swim all the way to Tortuga.. but I stopped at the High Seas 'cause I needed a ship. I guess you can't go the cheap way all the time
    Are you the one I kept running over? You know that was quite a distance. I guess we should tell Doll how we get to Tortuga. You get the map out, scroll with holding down the left button I believe to Tortuga and teleport there. (See we just wanted you to get a ship). I tried that sail once and got sea sick.

I got Rat Cat and NachoCat got Nacho Cat. Sigh! We lost the titles when they restarted the system with the stress tests. I fear I will have to delete Swabby since she can't get any of her weapons since she not trained. She's got 2 voodoo dolls and a dagger. I did pick a name for fun on another character. Kat BlueRat.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, I almost gave up playing this game because of the motion sickness I was getting from going in circles. All I can say is the more you play, the better you will be at controlling where you want to go. I conquered that problem, but alas, as Cat said, I can't seem to stay on my own ship. I end up under it walking on the ocean floor. So when are we all going to get together for some embarassing pirate high adventure?
    VMK Nachocat

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to get together, but I have no idea how.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to make a lot of gold?

To make a lot of gold, join the crew of someone's ship. Especially if they have one of the reall large ships (sailing 5 required) that holds 12 cargo items.

I went out with someone last night and made over 2,000 gold pieces in less than 45 minutes.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: