Quantcast Researching PAL MICKEY

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Researching PAL MICKEY

Hi all,
    I'm new to Intercot, but have thoroughly enjoyed every minite I've been here. I've learned so much and these boards will help make my son's trip truly magical.

We have heard about the Pal Mickey's that are sold for the parks and have been researching if they are worth the money. I have searched these boards and the site and can't seem to findout any more information on him other then the general stuff.

Do any of you have one? Did you get it new or buy it at ebay? (I've bought things on ebay before, but for something like this, I just don't know if I'd trust a used one) Is he really worth the $$$'s. How well does he really work for show times and line times? I've heard mixed reviews from other sites. Most rave about him though.

What are your opinions?

Thank you for your insights and this wonderful site.
    Debbie
    DL in 1978, 1982ish, 1987
    DW 1980
    DW 7/10-7/18/2008 Pop Century Resort
    First trip for Son Louie (17) shhh- it's a secret;0
    Next Trip: ?? Dec 2008 for Son's 18th BDay?? Jan 2009 for my BDay??? Mar 2009 for DH BDay??? May 2009 for 3 year Anniversery?? Dec 2012 for DS 21st Bday for sure

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a pal Mickey and he is great
    We used him in the parks and now that we are home our son enjoys playing the games with him.
    We got him in 2007 from a shop in Magic Kingdom and IMO he is worth the money.
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed it. We bought it for our son and I loved to hear all the stuff he said when he would shake and vibrate as we walked through the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one on eBay. It was new. Although make sure that you are buying the current version.
    We took it to the parks the first day. No one wanted to bring it after that. Couldn't really hear it with the crowd noise and the information wasn't really that useful.
    So one vote for not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kids love him and he is great for telling jokes and passing time in line. General info is pretty neat. Specific info like wait times etc. is not helpful, however, ours is a 1st generation Pal Mickey so they might be better now.

Is he worth one tank of gas; most definately for your son.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We bought one for our older DS when they first came out and he brought it everywhere. It was informative because it told us of the parade /firework times and was full of trivia and games that kept him busy. Now he has passed it to on to our youngest DS, who enjoys him just as much. Pal Mickey has been making the trip to WDW ever since we bought him. Yes, it was $$$ but I think ours was cheaper than what they ask for it now? In any case, it was worth the money.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We got one in 2006 for our 2yr old and all 3 of our kids loved him. My daughter got the biggest thrill from him. She held him most of the time to hear what he was saying. She loved to hear the info about the parks. She was 7 at the time.
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I see he comes with a lanyard...do you all hang him around your neck? Is it at all annoying? Do your children want to take him off after a while? This post has me just about convinced...
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

Post Thanks / Like

Being an adult techno-geek, and big Disney/Mickey fan, I bought one (version 1)for myself when he first came out in 2003. We took him almost every trip prior to the last one we just got back from. He's cute and the kids like him too, but eventually you'll get tired of the corny jokes. He's fun to carry around because he also has trivia type information that he shares with you. He can also be quite humorous on some of the more intensive rides.

In my opinion, he's worth the money. But, like I said, I'm a gadget techno-geek and Disney fan.

FYI: Check out the info here on Intercot for Pal Mickey and take a look at Wikipedia for some more details.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Is he worth one tank of gas; most definately for your son.
    So true! That is why I wanted some "User" feed back before we spent the $$$
    Debbie
    DW 1980
    Next Trip: ?? Dec 2008 for Son's 18th BDay?? Jan 2009 for my BDay??? Mar 2009 for DH BDay??? May 2009 for 3 year Anniversery?? Dec 2012 for DS 21st Bday for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    He can also be quite humorous on some of the more intensive rides.

FYI: Check out the info here on Intercot for Pal Mickey and take a look at Wikipedia for some more details.
    What does He do on the intense rides?

I read the info off of the WDW web site, and the intercot site. Both just seemed to me to be basic marketing media for him. That's why I wanted real life people with experience having him.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get one for our son. But he has had other "interative" charactor dolls before and he's gotten bored with them relatively fast. He does sleep with his non talking Mickey sometimes, so the Pal Mickey, might hold his interest longer than the other toys.
    Debbie
    DW 1980

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djsharp View Post
    What does He do on the intense rides?
    He makes some very funny comments once you are off the ride, about how scared he was, etc...
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We are on our 2nd Pal Mickey. We bought the 1st one when they first came out. Our DS was about 2 years old then and he adored him. We replaced the batteries about a million times and finally we just had to give up. He became just another stuffed animal -- but one that was greatly adored. We bought a new one last month during our trip and DS loves him just as much. The information is good and the jokes are corny, but all of that is secondary. DS loves him and that's all that matters.

Now, I don't think I would buy one off of ebay. We bought ours just outside of MK in that little store by the tunnel. We ended up having to exchange it for a different one because it had a computer problem...it kept repeating itself over and over again. The 2nd one worked just fine. But, I wouldn't chance it by buying it on ebay, even if it was brand new.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he a lot heavier than an average plush? I really want to get one, but I know I don't want to lug it around all day if it's heavy (and I know DH and DC carry it).
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Pal Mickey is pretty lightweight and just adorable. We bought ours in January and loved having him with us. I hooked him to our stroller via the belt clip and had no problem hearing him.

We also bought spare outfits for him so he'd br dressed for whichever park we were attending that day.

(We are serious dorks!)
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    I bought one on eBay. It was new. Although make sure that you are buying the current version.
    We took it to the parks the first day. No one wanted to bring it after that. Couldn't really hear it with the crowd noise and the information wasn't really that useful.
    So one vote for not worth it.
    Exactly our feelings...actually, now that I think about it we loaned him to some friends for their first trip and never got him back (and we've been since then!!). Guess we didn't even think to pack him!
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of buying one next time we go to DW in Sept dor DD. They certaily are cute and I was thinking it would get her excited to see Fantasmic since Mickey wears the sorcerer hat in it. How fun are they when not at WDW?