Quantcast Wall-E (Now on DVD) - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niecyboo View Post
    One thing nobody else has mentioned that I noticed. When Wall-E first walked into his home and was looking at all his treasures, I wanted to start singing "Look at this Stuff. Isn't it neat. Wouldn't you think my collections complete." From the Little Mermaid. The song came into my head every time they showed his home. LOL
    An honest question....wasn't an instrumental version of that song playing in the background? DH and I thought it was...... Even if it wasn't, I thought the same thing as you!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wall-E was great My boyfriend and I laughed the entire time
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

My review...... LOVED IT!!! Adorable, I'd love to see it again.

I didn't see it as dark or political. I saw it as light-hearted social commentary wrapped around a simple sweet love story. Admittedly I was laughing aloud more than anyone else in the theater.

I am a little irked at this film constantly referred to as a "kid's movie" or aimed at just children. I don't think it is at all. Animation doesn't equal "kiddie film" in my book. As Disney lover's we should know that by heart. Animation grew up a long time ago, it is for people, not just young people. My 6 year old daughter had no interest in this movie from the previews, I however was very excited about it. She ended up actually liking it though.....hehehe I like it more however.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to see Wall-E on Tuesday night, and I thought it was very good. Another great film by Pixar!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    To be honest, I have enough heaviness in my everyday life, and when I go to the movies with my kids, I want lighthearted, fun 'entertainment'. Wall-E didn't fit this bill.
    There were not too many kids in the showing we went to on Tesday night, so I was wondering what kind of reaction kids would have from this film. I certainly understand not wanting to sit in a heavy film with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I am a little irked at this film constantly referred to as a "kid's movie" or aimed at just children. I don't think it is at all. Animation doesn't equal "kiddie film" in my book. As Disney lover's we should know that by heart. Animation grew up a long time ago, it is for people, not just young people. My 6 year old daughter had no interest in this movie from the previews, I however was very excited about it. She ended up actually liking it though.
    I told my wife after we left the film that this seemed more of an "adult" Pixar film. I think kids would it enjoy, but it certainly wasn't a Toy Story or Finding Nemo. I found the film very interesting, but wondered if kids would get bored by the slower pace of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    The biggest problem I had with Happy Feet winning the Best Animated Feature Oscar was it's reliance on motion capture along with the other nominee in that year's category Monster House.
    I felt the same way about Happy Feet winning. The category is for best Animated Feature. To me motion capture seems like cheating. The award should be given to those who take the time to view, study and animate, without just doing it "by-the-numbers". Motion capture is just a more advance way drawing the way we did as kids.

The animation in Wall-E was fantastic. The guys at Pixar just seem to get better with every film. I always find myself paying so much attention to the subtle detail of the animation and just being amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    But as far as the fat humans...I felt that the loss of "bone mass" was due more to the "lack of exercise" rather than the "micro gravity". Where it's TRUE that the lack of gravity can cause loss of bone mass in astronauts...even today they've discovered that "exercise" can help that.
    Yet they still had so many little ones.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post

I found the film very interesting, but wondered if kids would get bored by the slower pace of the film.

------------------------

Yet they still had so many little ones.

I took a 3, 5, and 6 y.o. to see it. The 3 year old started to fidget wander around our aisle and ask for multiple restroom visits, but then again he just does that at movies. The 5 and 6 y.o.'s sat wide eyed and giggled. The depth of the social commentary was lost on them but the sci-fi heroic love story was not. Wall E is a cute new hero for them.

When did the pace slow down? I was enthralled with the whole thing, didn't want it to end.

Oh and how did the humans keep making progeny while being to big to.......ummmm.....walk? I will make a cinematic assumption and say, test-tubes.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    When did the pace slow down? I was enthralled with the whole thing, didn't want it to end.
    I enjoyed the entire movie as well ... I was comparing the pace of this film to movies like Toy Story and Finding Nemo.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I finally saw Wall-E this weekend and it was great! I hadn't been reading any reviews and truthfully I didn't even know what the movie was about so I had no idea what to expect. It was a little weird getting used to the lack of dialogue, but I quickly got over that and thought the movie was fab! DH and I were talking about it after the show and we both agreed that the dance scene was the best. The animation was just so good!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Beverly Hills Chihuahua preview. What was that? It looked horrid and I was sad to see that it was an upcoming Disney movie. It reminded me of those awful Taco Bell ads.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Beverly Hills Chihuahua preview. What was that? It looked horrid and I was sad to see that it was an upcoming Disney movie. It reminded me of those awful Taco Bell ads.
    Unfortunately there's a WHOLE thread dedicated to discussing the preview. Beverly Hills Chihuahua discussion...
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I didn't mention it because I completely forgot about it. Now that you mention it though, it did look terrible.

Wall-E was good enough to make me forget about that.
    Geaux Tigers!

Last Trip: Honeymoon at DL and So. Cal. CityPass 5/27 - 6/2/2007

Next trip: WDW 9/6-12/2009 @ Pop for DD's 4th birthday!

Follow the trip on Twitter: scottinwdw.

Post Thanks / Like

'Wall-E' says 'Hello, Dolly'
    Film's success spurs talk of Broadway revival

From Variety Magazine:

Jerry Herman is singing "Hello, Wall-E."

Two songs from the Rialto composer's "Hello, Dolly!" -- "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" and "It Only Takes a Moment" -- play major roles in the hit Pixar film's story about a little robot left on a devastated Earth 700 years in the future with only a pair of show tunes to keep him going.

The success of the film is also spurring talk of a major Broadway revival of the 1964 musical.

Herman says there's been interest in a new "Dolly!" for the past several years, with the Nederlander Org producing, but now the release of "Wall-E" has unexpectedly amplified the buzz. "The movie will only make it more vital, more of an event, and I think a lot of kids would come and see where those songs came from," says the composer.

Herman, 77, says he was unaware of the importance of the songs to the film until he saw "Wall-E" on opening weekend. But in the movie's first moments, when he heard Michael Crawford singing "Put on Your Sunday Clothes," he was stunned and moved.

In the film, the robot plays an old videocassette of "Hello, Dolly!" and is transfixed by that upbeat song, as well as the romantic ballad "It Only Takes a Moment," sung by Crawford and Marianne McAndrew.

Herman has been thinking of possible actresses to topline the revival for some time. While he concedes the role demands "a big star," he declines to name any frontrunner. He acknowledges eyeing Queen Latifah to play Mrs. Dolly Gallagher Levi, but says her busy film career would make that casting problematic -- at least so far.

Chat rooms and theater insiders have been volunteering casting ideas that range from the fantastic to the obvious: Oprah Winfrey ("An exciting idea, but I don't think she could devote a year to the production," says Herman); Meryl Streep ("She can do anything."); Barbra Streisand, star of the 1969 screen version ("She's the right age now, but she's never coming back to Broadway."); Patti LuPone ("Magnificent."); Reba McEntire ("I'm crazy for her, but I'm not sure about the accent."); Bernadette Peters ("We were close friends and I obviously love this lady, but I just don't know.").

"Hello, Dolly!" originally starred Carol Channing on Broadway, followed by a series of leading ladies from the screen and stage, including Ginger Rogers, Pearl Bailey, Betty Grable, Martha Raye, Mary Martin and Ethel Merman. The premiere production ran for 2,844 perfs. It was also revived on the Rialto with Bailey in 1975 and with Channing in 1978 and 1995.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife, daughter (12), son (11), and I saw Wall-E last week, and it was a split decision. They guys liked it, the girls thought it was just ok, but not great like some of the other Pixar movies.

I didn't like the grim picture that it started off with. The first 5-10 minutes painted a real bleak situation, which I understand was somewhat intended, but it just went too far IMHO. Anyway, once Wall-E came on screen and started going thru his antics, I thought the story picked up pretty well, and moved past the gloomy situation. I thought it was really interesting how "human-like" they portrayed him to be. He emulates feelings of fear, happiness, sadness, surprise and more and it's cute.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We too finally got around to seeing the movie. We took seven kids aged 3, 5,6,6,7,7,and 9. The kids loved it all of them, but I am still on the fence. I thought that it was just ok.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Not a Big Fan

I guess I'm in the minority because I didn't like Wall-E at all. I did, however, enjoy the soundtrack (same group as Nemo) and bought it on iTunes last week.

DD5 claims she enjoyed the movie, but constantly asked "when is this movie over?"

For me, the movie had the potential of being tremendous. I really LOVED the relationship between Wall-E and Eve. But portraying humans as such slugs that we destroyed the planet and had become to lazy to even walk on their own, had me thinking throughout the movie "I"m being scolded by John Lassiter." I just wanted to enjoy a Disney movie with my daughter.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    But portraying humans as such slugs that we destroyed the planet and had become to lazy to even walk on their own, had me thinking throughout the movie "I"m being scolded by John Lasseter." I just wanted to enjoy a Disney movie with my daughter.
    Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, Pixar is no longer aiming for what you are requesting, evidenced by "Ratatouille" and now "WALL-E." Those two movies are rated G but are simply not trying to be simple family entertainment. "Bolt," Disney's next animated feature without Pixar's help, will be the light children's fare you prefer.

Pixar, though, has higher aspirations right now, even if that upsets a portion of the fan base. I read an interview with Andrew Stanton, in which he outlined Pixar's responsibility, as the world's best animation studio, to constantly take risks and progress the medium. These films are appropriate for the entire family, but they are not necessarily for kids, and we will continue to see that with "Up" and "Newt" in the future. Though they will certainly have characters and humor that appeals to kids, they will also explore and illuminate morally complex and adult-oriented themes.

Interestingly, "WALL-E" and "Ratatouille" are Pixar's most critically acclaimed pictures since "Toy Story 2" -- even more than the miracle that is "Finding Nemo" -- but they most often criticized by Disney fans and the rest of the general public. What does that indicate? That Pixar is accidentally losing sight of its audience or attempting something greater.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

But portraying humans as such slugs that we destroyed the planet and had become to lazy to even walk on their own, had me thinking throughout the movie "I"m being scolded by John Lassiter." I just wanted to enjoy a Disney movie with my daughter.
    Is it not possible to enjoy a movie and maybe come away with a lesson? I think the message was spot on and if I had children I feel teaching them to be responsible stewards of the planet would be an important message, as well as the lesson that sitting in front of the TV or Video Game is not the healthiest choice.

I think the movie did a great job of balancing an important message and providing family friendly entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think that the lack of dialog, furry talking animals, and fantasy make this a little mature for young children.

Not all animation has to be made for children alone.

It was nice to see a more mature movie, for those with small children, there is always Kung Fu Panda...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    It was nice to see a more mature movie, for those with small children, there is always Kung Fu Panda...
    Exactly, and I hope you are not being sarcastic. "Kung Fu Panda" is definitely geared toward younger children, but it was still a good movie. Michael Phillips, the film critic for the Chicago Tribune, called it the best film through the first six months of 2008!

Animation is a medium, not a genre. I think that misconception is why pictures like "WALL-E" and "Ratatouille" are generally unappreciated by the general American public.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Allright so I guessI am the only one who found it a little jolting for Fred Willard to pop up on screen?! I mean ok the human figure changed due to no excercise and too much food, fine but...I dont know they went from real people to animation? This was the only thing I did not like. Even the Hello Dolly parts were kind of ok but odd. Sorry.
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Exactly, and I hope you are not being sarcastic.
    No Sarcasm, I meant that to point out that there are many animated films geared specifically toward children and that it was nice that to see a "deeper" movie brought to life through the medium. I do think that the film has a important message for children to learn, that would be lost on younger children.

On a off topic note I did not like Ratatouille.

Post Thanks / Like

But portraying humans as such slugs that we destroyed the planet and had become to lazy to even walk on their own, had me thinking throughout the movie "I"m being scolded by John Lassiter." I just wanted to enjoy a Disney movie with my daughter.
    I kind of felt the same way. I'd also like to add that getting a lesson on the evils over the top commercialism from Disney was somewhat laughable. We saw the movie on opening day and they were giving out plastic watches to all the kids. Hmmm.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: