Quantcast Just Questions...Cinco de Hold the Mayo - Page 38

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    Gosh, do you really need to ask what movie???? What have I been looking forward to all month? Hello...Di?? ORLANDO BLOOM!!!!!!

Sorry....have to find someone else. Can't do anything with dust & dirt. Got my own doggies to play with & I really don't feel like cooking that much food. What made you think I was going for "sister of the year"? I could phone the Merry Maids to come help you.
    Speaking of Orlando Bloom - Disney Store has a pillow that has Orlando's face on it! I almost picked it up for you.. but since I'm not going for 'sister of the year' award.. I decided to put it down!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Hey all, how is everyone today? I know I have been out of circulation for the last couple of weeks because of my back, so does anyone want to bring me up to date on what I have missed?

I am tickled to death that my doctor has FINALLY agreed to put me on a pain patch for my back pain!! I understand his concern about trying yet another narcotic and all the potential problems that can create. However I am sure that any of you who suffer from chronic severe pain can testify that the roller coaster effect that you get on from taking oral narcotics is just horrible!!

With this patch, rather than getting a full hit of the medicine at the time you take it, you get a small amount of the medication all the time.

Ok, I will quit crying to you all now!
    I sure hope this patch helps you! Being in pain all the time is no fun I'm sure. What have you missed? Hmmmm.... not much really... Ken is auctioning off his Sponge Bob boxers, Alex is begging for cookies, Scott has gone MIA, Jenn is missing her alcohol, Deb and Christine are on the mend, Deb,Ellen and Lynne are all standing in line already to see POTC3 (and drooling quite heavily I might add ), Um, what else?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Pirate pillows...I have a pillow that has Capt Jack and Will Turner on it and it also has a small speaker in it and you can attach your CD player, MP3 or IPod to it and listen to music. It is supposed to be a travel pillow for kids but I figure I am just like a big kid right?

Anyhow, no, I am not standing in line yet.

Jasper...hope your pain is better with the patch.

I am off to get a few things done. Anyone care to join me later on my deck for a glass of wine and cookies? It is warm and sunny here.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Where did the forum go? Since no one was able to answer my question abotu having a glass of wine on my deck, I had to have 2 (one for me and one for you )
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    Anyhow, we had to pick our new lines in order of seniority...and lucky me, of all the part timers I picked last. I ended up with the small one. It is less than 1/2 of full time. That is a huge drop in pay for me. I figure my pay drops about $900/month.
    There's a word for that but this is a family friendly site...

The same one as I plan to see perhaps? Yo ho

You are all talking lunch as I sit here eating my cereal. Can you save me some of that salad Ellen? Sounds yummy.
    How about I'll make you a salad of your own. And we can go down to the water and watch the East Coast cruise ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about....
    You could all come to Harry's 9th B-day party! You'll never guess where he and 15 of his closest buddies will be on May 26 at 12:30pm. Any guesses? Anyone wanna come?
    Sure! By Saturday, that would make our third time.

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Decaf? In your house? Isn't that well I don't know but to me it would be like wearing flats...just unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Deb,Ellen and Lynne are all standing in line already to see POTC3 (and drooling quite heavily I might add ), Um, what else?
    No need to stand in line for tickets... Don't you Fandango?

Anyone care to join me later on my deck for a glass of wine and cookies? It is warm and sunny here.
    There was wine? And I missed it?

Jasper, did you start with the pain patch yet? Is it working?

Somehow send out the Mounties... where are our missing JQers?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    How about I'll make you a salad of your own. And we can go down to the water and watch the East Coast cruise ships.

There was wine? And I missed it?
    There is still wine. Just hop on over and bring that salad. We can watch the west coast cruise ships instead! Do you prefer red or white wine?
    ~Lynne~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

Ah Monday. I can rest again. Sort of.

How's everybody's week starting off?
    Oh no, Monday!!! And the homework begins. I hate 2nd grade homework like poison!! Is it July yet?!

My DS is home sick again today... I'm seriously beginning to think that the kid has allergies (though he never did before this year).
    My DD has terrible allergies. She takes Zyrtec and Patanol and she is still suffering. I guess we just have to wait until everything stops blooming.

Where did the forum go? Since no one was able to answer my question abotu having a glass of wine on my deck, I had to have 2 (one for me and one for you )
    abotu? Are you sure you haven't had 3 glasses? Well if you have any left I can certainly use a glass! (see homework reference above)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! Okay, I am going to TRY to catch up...

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    How's everybody's week starting off?
    Busy! Still hoisting boxes, etc., etc., etc....

I had some not so good news this week. They have been restructuring our floor (I am a nurse) and have decided to change our rotations. In doing all of this, they ended up drastically changing the part time rotations. We used to be all fairly equal but not now. We range from a .47 time to a .70 rotation. I used to be in a .66 which is basically 2/3 of full time. Anyhow, we had to pick our new lines in order of seniority...and lucky me, of all the part timers I picked last. I ended up with the small one. It is less than 1/2 of full time. That is a huge drop in pay for me. I figure my pay drops about $900/month.

I need coffee. Maybe a little Bailey's in it?
    You deserve more than Bailey's! That's terrible! I hope you find a way around it... I can't imagine taking a drop like that. Let us know what happens!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    Good afternoon all!!!! How is everyone's day going? Hope good. This is my last week off of work. I am actually feeling pretty good. I am able to talk more & I can eat a few more different foods. I SURVIVED THIS!!!!
    I am so glad you're feeling better - that's great!!

The same one as I plan to see perhaps? Yo ho
    Mmmm... can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I am tickled to death that my doctor has FINALLY agreed to put me on a pain patch for my back pain!! I understand his concern about trying yet another narcotic and all the potential problems that can create. However I am sure that any of you who suffer from chronic severe pain can testify that the roller coaster effect that you get on from taking oral narcotics is just horrible!!
    Jasper, I sure hope this works for you - I know how nasty back pain can be, I can't even imagine it being chronic without some serious meds to help! Good luck! We miss you around here!

German apple liqueur. Smooth and lovely -- but easy to get carried away with.
    Yummm... sounds wonderful. Wanna send some down this way? I could sure use something made with that... anything!

Where did the forum go? Since no one was able to answer my question abotu having a glass of wine on my deck, I had to have 2 (one for me and one for you)
    I had one for everyone, too... gotta find a way to make this whole moving thing more pleasant... now where did I put that box??

I'm here - just checking in once in awhile when my legs are tired of carrying boxes. Anyone want a job??

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow - boy, have I missed being on here! G'nite, all...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'd offer to make breakfast for everyone tomorrow, but I'll be having oatmeal and I'm sure that's not a popular choice. But, if you want some, pass your bowl this way.

And, as far as tomorrow's lunch goes, I'll be having a BBQ ham sandwich, just as I did today.

I walked a total of 10 laps around the pond today (about 40 minutes), and I still didn't manage to accumulate 10,000 steps. What's a girl got to do?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riri529 View Post
    abotu? Are you sure you haven't had 3 glasses? Well if you have any left I can certainly use a glass! (see homework reference above)
    2 glasses, 3 glasses, who is counting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    You deserve more than Bailey's! That's terrible! I hope you find a way around it... I can't imagine taking a drop like that. Let us know what happens!!
    Thanks, the wine helped numb the annoyance I was feeling. I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    I walked a total of 10 laps around the pond today (about 40 minutes), and I still didn't manage to accumulate 10,000 steps. What's a girl got to do?
    Follow me around at work for a 12 hr shift?
    ~Lynne~

Post Thanks / Like

that sounds pretty harsh
    Are they allowed cross border finding tasks?

There is still wine. Just hop on over and bring that salad. We can watch the west coast cruise ships instead! Do you prefer red or white wine?
    Hmm..salad..with herbs maybe?

I'd offer to make breakfast for everyone tomorrow, but I'll be having oatmeal and I'm sure that's not a popular choice. But, if you want some, pass your bowl this way.
    I like oatmeal! I've even had it in WDW...it's about the only breakfast cereal I do like. And granola but that's mostly crunch oatmeal afterall.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Pirate pillows...I have a pillow that has Capt Jack and Will Turner on it and it also has a small speaker in it and you can attach your CD player, MP3 or IPod to it and listen to music. It is supposed to be a travel pillow for kids but I figure I am just like a big kid right?

I am off to get a few things done. Anyone care to join me later on my deck for a glass of wine and cookies? It is warm and sunny here.
    You have your Capt. Jack stuff, I have my Stitch dolls (they are lined up across my headboard - real condusive for romance - tee hee ) But you are right - we are all big kids at heart!

If you have any wine left one of of our brokers just brought in 2 boxes of thaw and serve cookies... oatmeal rasin and chocolate chip! I'll snag them from the office and bring them to your deck!

There's a word for that but this is a family friendly site...
    Hmmmm... this is like the what?, third or fourth time a "family friendly site' reminder has been posted? Are we all just a tad bit too stressed around here? Anyone think a trip to WDW just might be in order? Ken? Is the RV gassed up?

And, as far as tomorrow's lunch goes, I'll be having a BBQ ham sandwich, just as I did today.

What kind of oatmeal? Apple Cinnamon? Banana Bread? Peach? It actually sounds a bit good to me today! Though I've already had two cookies for breakfast - one was an Oatmeal rasin - so that is 'healthy' - right?

BBQ ham sandwich - yum! Sure sounds better than the sliced cucumbers I brought for my lunch!

How many steps did you accumulate in your 10 laps? Maybe you need to move to Disney and every day walk 10 laps around one of the parks - that SHOULD equal out to 10,000 steps - shouldn't it?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Red, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Busy! Still hoisting boxes, etc., etc., etc....
    How about we all go over to Blythe's house and help her with her boxes today? It will be like Curves but with no machines! And we'd have much nicer refreshments.

I like oatmeal... but without sweet stuff in it. Thanks!

I think 10,000 steps is around 3 miles, Rhonda... you might need to find a bigger pond or take smaller steps.

Hmm..salad..with herbs maybe?
    Nat, the salad has cilantro in it... does that count as an herb?

Hope everyone has a lovely morning... see around noon.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Red, please!

Nat, the salad has cilantro in it... does that count as an herb?

Hope everyone has a lovely morning... see around noon.
    Sure does...maybe we can toss some peaches in?

How many steps did you accumulate in your 10 laps? Maybe you need to move to Disney and every day walk 10 laps around one of the parks - that SHOULD equal out to 10,000 steps - shouldn't it?
    I would think it would! Don't you think we should all go with her?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Red, please! .
    I have a couple of bottles of really nice Australian Shiraz, and one South African Merlot.... Interested?
    How about we all go over to Blythe's house and help her with her boxes today? It will be like Curves but with no machines! And we'd have much nicer refreshments. .
    I think this is a great idea! I can be there in about 5 hours.... Can I bring the dogs?

I just got here a little while ago -- I had a meeting at school for Harry's placement in September. Harry has Asperger's Disorder and he has been in a small class placement since forever which has been less than challenging for him (My kid is gifted, but in special ed -- the dichotomy of autism!) He has been fully integrated in a standard class since March as a test -- and been extremely successful -- So our goal is for him to be fully integrated in Grade 4 at his current school. Our problem is that we moved during the year, so we are now out of area. I have had to apply to have him stay at the school (the teachers and principal are on board with me -- but it still can't be approved until September). I can't even imagine what the effect of a change of schools AND daycare ('cause our babysitter is at his current school) would have!!! Oh well, I'm not worrying about it. I wrote a great letter to the placement committee and the rest is in their hands.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got here a little while ago -- I had a meeting at school for Harry's placement in September. Harry has Asperger's Disorder and he has been in a small class placement since forever which has been less than challenging for him (My kid is gifted, but in special ed -- the dichotomy of autism!) He has been fully integrated in a standard class since March as a test -- and been extremely successful -- So our goal is for him to be fully integrated in Grade 4 at his current school. Our problem is that we moved during the year, so we are now out of area. I have had to apply to have him stay at the school (the teachers and principal are on board with me -- but it still can't be approved until September). I can't even imagine what the effect of a change of schools AND daycare ('cause our babysitter is at his current school) would have!!! Oh well, I'm not worrying about it. I wrote a great letter to the placement committee and the rest is in their hands.
    Jenn sounds like you may need your Shiraz! I hope the letter works. Do you have a plan b? or how to approach it? Changing schools is stressful no matter what but for Harry it would be so much worse. I hope it all works out for you.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all.

I could not get onto INTERCOT yesterday...anyone else have trouble?? Hmmmm. I was home all day yesterday and am today as well with a sick little girl. She had 104.6 fever when we got to the doctor's office yesterday, and that is only 1 1/2 hours after her last dose of Motrin.

They couldn't find anything wrong with her (eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs all clear) so they said it was just a virus. No Rx's, no instructions...keep giving her motrin and "just watch her". Watch her what? Burst into flames with this fever? Poor baby...she is feeling a tad better today though.

Also got a call from my doctor. Saturday at Olivia's soccer game, I almost fainted, just by standing up! Then Sunday I couldn't walk a straight line without bumping into or holding onto anything. MAJOR dizziness. Also, my heart has been racing and my chest has been hurting. So I called the surgeon's office, they said it was probably not related to the surgery, so call my regular Dr. So I did, and the nurse said, and I quote, "just watch it."

Does anyone see a trend here???

So John and I are just ...I guess that makes us doctors!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Extra for my Texas Cousin and her family!!

Did you know that you can co-medicate with Motrin/Advil and Tylenol? DS8 had febrile seizures when he was little, and our doctor and all the doctors at the hospital told us that because Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen work differently in our bodies, one can administer FULL dosages of each at the same time without issue. I tell you -- this is the only way we were able to break several of Harry's fever's over the years.

If I were you, I would be going to the doctor's office and camping out until you had a better answer. You've been suffering for too long post-op. I hope you feel better soon!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jenn. Once DD gets better and is able to go back to school, I will probably just "drop by" the doctor's office...with a torch and pitchfork until they see me! I am so tired of not feeling well! It is really becoming depressing! I feel like such a bad mom, bad wife, and bad friend b/c I don't feel like doing anything, don't feel like going anywhere, and have been in such a "funk" (b/c it depresses me, I guess?)

Anyway, I WILL get this under control! This is NOT how I want to live!

And thanks for the advil/tylenol advice. We have been doing this for years as well. Tylenol doesn't really touch her fever like advil does, so they said she could have advil every 3 hours while she was running this high fever.

Well, I guess I better go see about her...
    You all have a good day! Sorry to go on about my ailments...hopefully by the time Ken flies us out of Cinco De Mayo I will have more pleasant, less self-centered conversation to offer!

By the way Ken, where are we going next???
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Christine I'm sorry your DD isn't feeling well. That's so much worse then not feeling 100% yourself. Made worse by the fact you don't feel well.

Hope you'll be able to give us good new soon.

Don't you all think we should have a pirate theme next? the end of the world cookie thread?

The JackSparrow support group thread? the Just Questions Pirate cruise thread? Anyway it seems it should be Pirates, people who aren't feeling good or cookies or wine..Personally I think we could have some fun with the pirates myself.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

If you have any wine left one of of our brokers just brought in 2 boxes of thaw and serve cookies... oatmeal rasin and chocolate chip! I'll snag them from the office and bring them to your deck!
    Setting up the deck chairs now!! When should I expect you?

Red, please!

How about we all go over to Blythe's house and help her with her boxes today? It will be like Curves but with no machines! And we'd have much nicer refreshments.
    Red it is...we have much in common! Sure, I can come help Blythe with her boxes. Where are we taking them?

I just got here a little while ago -- I had a meeting at school for Harry's placement in September.
    I hope all workd out with Harry's school Jenn!

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    I was home all day yesterday and am today as well with a sick little girl. Also got a call from my doctor. Saturday at Olivia's soccer game, I almost fainted, just by standing up!
    Healing to you and your little one!!

Don't you all think we should have a pirate theme next? the end of the world cookie thread?
    I am up for a Pirate thread! We also need a Pirate smilie don't you think?

I hope you all have a good day. I am working the next 2 nights so will be trying to get some sleep this afternoon. I really dislike night shift, but since my job has been decreased, I take what I can get now. I have a disney obsession to finance!
    ~Lynne~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: