Quantcast Be Our Guest Fastpass Test - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Amen. I miss the old days, it was much easier when when all you had to do to experience your favorite attraction was wait in line. We seem to be headed to the point where in order to do any of the popular attractions you will have to reserve your time months in advance.
    Well, you can still wait in line for attractions if you want to. Problem is, nobody wants to wait anymore. Disney (and other theme park operators) had little choice but to try to satisfy the "instant gratification" desires of today's consumers.

On the other hand, you cannot just wait in line and hope to get a table at many of the popular restaurants, especially during peak seasons. I have more of a problem with having to have ADR's to get a table service meal than I do with the FP options for attractions. I think it would be great if they had a few good TS restaurants (at least one in each park) that did not take reservations at all, you know "first-come, first-served. You could at least get in line and wait for a table.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Amen. I miss the old days, it was much easier when when all you had to do to experience your favorite attraction was wait in line. We seem to be headed to the point where in order to do any of the popular attractions you will have to reserve your time months in advance.

If they keep going the the direction that they are I can see people not being able to do an attraction without FP. What they were doing with Toy Story is a great example. If I am paying the same price for admission as the next person I expect to be able to do every ride in the park...with no exceptions.

It will be no surprise to anyone that I do not care for this new FP system. Before FP I never minded waiting in line for an attraction....People will say that you still can, which is true, but with all the FP's, standby lines are much longer than they used to be and that's where I have a problem. IMO Disney has backed itself into a corner, one I can't see them getting out of. I feel they are going to start losing offsite visitors and locals. I enjoy going but will not continue to if I am being told I can not go on an attraction if I don't have an advanced FP....or the standby lines for the majority of the attractions are an hour long.

If this is the direction they want to go in they need to start adding many more quality attractions ...and fast. Not in the usual Disney timeline.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I agree with a lot of the last posters here.

All the planning has taken a lot of the spontaneous magic out of it for us.

But the folks I REALLY feel bad for are the brand new, first timers that visit. They will never have the kind of experience we were able to enjoy when we first walked through the gates with nothing but stars in our eyes. Discovering different rides, eating where ever sounded good, because they won't get into or onto anything fun. Their experience will not be a fun holiday and, for what it will probably cost them, they will never go back.

I see a lot of Disney vacation dreams turning to dust after they get there. So sad . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

A practical question about BOG and using a FP for it.

So I got the email, we leave in two weeks. Managed to log on and go through all the hurdles, only to find no availability.

But if I had....

So I have 3 FP already set up for that day, if BOG is showing availability, do I have to delete a FP before reserving, or is the system intuitive enough that it recognized that I already hold three and then will it give me the option, at that point in the process, to delete one FP?

I wasn't able to get far enough to find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    A practical question about BOG and using a FP for it.

So I got the email, we leave in two weeks. Managed to log on and go through all the hurdles, only to find no availability.

But if I had....

So I have 3 FP already set up for that day, if BOG is showing availability, do I have to delete a FP before reserving, or is the system intuitive enough that it recognized that I already hold three and then will it give me the option, at that point in the process, to delete one FP?

I wasn't able to get far enough to find out.
    NO, you do not have to delete one of your regular FP's to be eligible for a BOG lunch FP.

The BOG FP system is completely separate from your other MDE Fps. The BOG FP system is NOT linked to MDE FPs.

Whether you can get a BOG FP depends on availability of tables, and has nothing to do with your other FPs. Keep Trying & Good Luck!
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Last two visits, we were able to wait in the line to eat lunch. Sure, it was a long wait, but worth it. Don't think FP was an option open to the public at that time. Just in a test phase. Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed lunch sounds like it is FP only now.

Just tried https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/ for our trip in April. No surprise...nothing is available. Bummed I won't be able to eat a yummy Croque Monsieur and Lemon Meringue cupcake.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Is this restaurant really worth the wait? The food selections are not good for my family as we are all picky eaters and would prefer something lighter than meatloaf for lunch. Also, there are no characters (Sometimes Beast, right?) so why would people wait so long for this?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Oops. After doing some more reading, and checking with WDWDine, looks like it isn't FP only. That is something that is only an issue on extremely busy days. Thank goodness!!!

As for
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Is this restaurant really worth the wait? The food selections are not good for my family as we are all picky eaters and would prefer something lighter than meatloaf for lunch. Also, there are no characters (Sometimes Beast, right?) so why would people wait so long for this?
    In your case, no, it wouldn't be worth the wait. Everyone has different taste and preferences. I really enjoyed lunch, both times we ate there. The soup and sandwiches I've tried didn't seem heavy to me, but I could see how it might be for a lighter eater like yourself.

The decor seems to be the major draw for most people, and why I think it is so popular. I saw a lot of gawking and dawdling inside. We, personally, could care less. It is neat, but to be honest, if I never had to step inside to get my food faster, I wouldn't. We go just for the food.

It is the largest quick service menu in MK (I went on WDW's website to double check this bold claim). Not everyone in our group wants burgers..or hot dogs...or burritos. In the past, that meant we would trek to several different restaurants to get lunch for everyone. The time wasted at BOG equaled out for us, with a lot less walking.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angedeaile View Post
    ...It is the largest quick service menu in MK (I went on WDW's website to double check this bold claim)
    I am too lazy this morning to actually check the facts, but I have a hard time believing that BOG has a larger menu than Cosmic Rays.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

The lunch menu at BOG is pretty much sandwiches, a couple of soups and salads (no burgers). But the food is very good. For Instance the turkey sandwich DW ordered was thick sliced actual carved turkey breast. Not that pre-processed turkey loaf stuff. It was delicious. My Roast Beef sandwich was juicy and delish, too. I don't think meatloaf is even on the lunch menu. There is braised pork with mashed potatoes, though.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angedeaile View Post
    Last two visits, we were able to wait in the line to eat lunch. Sure, it was a long wait, but worth it. Don't think FP was an option open to the public at that time. Just in a test phase. Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed lunch sounds like it is FP only now.

Just tried https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/ for our trip in April. No surprise...nothing is available. Bummed I won't be able to eat a yummy Croque Monsieur and Lemon Meringue cupcake.
    We were not able to find any availability for BOG lunch FPs until inside of 30 days before our arrival. I've read (unofficial) reports that say they release new dates for BoG lunch 27 days out. Why, I don't know, but keep trying as your trip draws nearer. We were pleasantly surprised we were able to get FPs for lunch on Christmas day.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I am too lazy this morning to actually check the facts, but I have a hard time believing that BOG has a larger menu than Cosmic Rays.
    It's not, as far as I can tell Cosmic Ray's is bigger for sure:

Tortellini Salad $9.49
    Greek Salad $7.99

Combination Meals

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
    Vegetable Sandwich
    1/2 Rotisserie Chicken
    Barbecued Pork Sandwich
    Chicken Breast Nuggets
    Grilled Cheese Sandwich
    Angus Bacon Cheeseburger
    Hot Dog
    Deluxe Chili Cheese Dog
    Turkey Sandwich
    Vegetable Burger

Side Dishes

Cucumber Salad
    Chicken Noodle Soup
    French Fries
    Strawberry Yogurt
    Chili Cheese Fries

Desserts

Gelato
    Carrot Cake
    Triple Chocolate Cake

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I don't think meatloaf is even on the lunch menu. There is braised pork with mashed potatoes, though.
    French Onion Soup
    Potato Leek Soup

Tuna Nicoise Salad
    Quinoa Salad

Croque Monsieur
    Carved Turkey Sandwich
    Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich
    Vegetable Quiche
    Braised Pork

Desserts

The Master's Cupcake
    Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake