Quantcast Tidbits February 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits February 2014

Tidbits
    February 2014

A Short Freeze

2/16/14
    Fans of Frozen will have additional chances to meet Anna and Elsa in Epcot’s Norway pavilion. After two short extensions earlier this month, Character Cast have reported that the meet and greet is now a “regular” daily offering.

1/12/14 Character Cast have reported that the Anna and Elsa Meet & Greet in Epcot’s Norway pavilion has been extended through January 31, 2014. Cast are also speculating that the offering may be extended again or become permanent if the Meet & Greet remains at its current level of popularity.

10/20/13 Epcot will be celebrating the release of animated feature film Frozen through the Late Fall and Early Winter. Epcot’s Norway pavilion will offer a Meet & Greet location with Anna and Elsa from Early November through January 4, 2014.

Fair-Weather Fairies

2/16/14
    Character Cast have reported another update to the daily offerings for Tinker Bell’s Magical Nook. Earlier this month, Periwinkle was replaced by Rosetta.

6/15/13
    Character Cast have reported that Tinker Bell’s Magical Nook has changed its daily offerings for the second time this year. As of June 14th, Rosetta has been replaced by Vidia.

2/18/13 Character Cast have reported that Tinker Bell’s Magical Nook will be changing its offerings later this week. The Meet & Greet location in the Adventureland section of the Magic Kingdom will reportedly replace Periwinkle with Rosetta in the daily offerings beginning February 22, 2013. Tinker Bell will reportedly remain part of the daily offerings.

Refurbs in Paradise

2/16/14
    Resort Cast have reported some tentative plans for the refurbishment work related to the Disney Vacation Club addition to Disney’s Polynesian Resort. The Nanea Volcano pool is tentatively scheduled to be closed for renovations from Late Summer 2014 through Late 2015. The Great Ceremonial House is tentatively scheduled to receive rolling refurbishments from Early March through Mid December 2014. Captain Cook’s is tentatively scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from Mid March through Early Fall 2014. During the closure of Captain Cook’s, a temporary quick service offering will be available.

Curtain Call

2/16/14
    Epcot's World Showcase will be retiring one of its entertainment offerings later this month. The Ziti Sisters will have their final performance in the Italy Pavilion on February 22, 2014.

Back to Work

2/16/14
    Character Cast have reported that the Monsters Inc. Meet and Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been refreshed. After a brief closure, the Meet & Greet has reportedly replaced the “Monsters University” theme with a “Monsters Inc.” theme.

Benching Mickey

1/20/14
    Further details have been announced regarding the type of merchandise planned to be available at the Marketplace Co Op. Disney Parks has announced that the home products section will be named "Centerpiece" and will carry a number of unique theme park related items. Announced items have included salt & pepper shakers shaped like Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tommorowland trash cans; an Orange Bird pitcher and glassware set; and attraction poster plates and glassware.

11/27/13 Earlier this month, Downtown Disney announced that the Team Mickey store in the Marketplace will be replaced by “ The Marketplace Co Op” in Early 2014. The new store will feature six sections: beauty accessories, women's fashion accessories, D-Tech brand accessories, sports apparel & collectibles, home products, and girl’s fashion accessories.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Looks like I'll have to cross Captain Cook's off my list of proposed QS locations for our upcoming vacation.

I'm also glad we saw the Ziti Sisters in August 2013.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!

I'm bummed about Capitan Cook's. I loved their flatbread (with a Dole Whip for dessert). Maybe, if I keep my fingers crossed, it will reopen for our August trip!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Volcano pool underwent a renovation recently (with the last 5 years)?

Are they adding a new pool for DVC?

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    I thought the Volcano pool underwent a renovation recently (with the last 5 years)?

Are they adding a new pool for DVC?
    I believe they are tearing the volcano out.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    The Nanea Volcano pool is tentatively scheduled to be closed for renovations from Late Summer 2014 through Late 2015.
    Someone please tell me that's a typo and it meant to say late 2014???

You could build a pool, tear it down, rebuild it, tear it down again, and rebuild it again in that time!!

Disney's construction schedules are just becoming pathetic nowadays! Universal builds entire theme park attractions and park expansions in less time!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

You could build a pool, tear it down, rebuild it, tear it down again, and rebuild it again in that time!!

Disney's construction schedules are just becoming pathetic nowadays! Universal builds entire theme park attractions and park expansions in less time!
    They are leaving the actual pool and slide intact. They have multiple other projects that need to be done to the pool area that include redesigning the volcano into a smaller rock structure, extending and redesigning the pool deck area to be much larger and fenced off. There is supposed to be an added hot tub and a kids wet play area along with relocating the marina rentals building. The volcano pool was built in 2001 so it’s been 13 years. They expect it to close late July 2014 and reopen in March 2015.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    They are leaving the actual pool and slide intact. They have multiple other projects that need to be done to the pool area that include redesigning the volcano into a smaller rock structure, extending and redesigning the pool deck area to be much larger and fenced off. There is supposed to be an added hot tub and a kids wet play area along with relocating the marina rentals building. The volcano pool was built in 2001 so it’s been 13 years. They expect it to close late July 2014 and reopen in March 2015.
    I would not want to be a guest at the Poly in the upcoming year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

IIRC, the Disneyland Hotel pool was closed for a similar amount of time during it's major renovation. But when it reopened, it was TOTALLY worth it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: