Quantcast DVC Annual Meeting

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Annual Meeting

I attended the DVC Annual Meeting yesterday. Highlights:

• Grand Floridian announced! Opening end of 2013.
    • On-line booking starts gradually beginning Jan 19
    • DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
    • More TV channels including FOX News
    • Point reallocations are coming again in 2013
    • Vacation planner being mailed now – handed out at meeting
    • Will be able to use points to book the Grand Californian hotel again
    DVC Mike

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Did they state when we would be able to purchaase TIW? I am asking because we are "coming home" Dec 29 to Jan 5, and want to try and do the TIW instead of the Dining plan.

Thanks!

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinktude View Post
    Did they state when we would be able to purchaase TIW? I am asking because we are "coming home" Dec 29 to Jan 5, and want to try and do the TIW instead of the Dining plan.

Thanks!
    Yes! I'd like to know when too! We are in the beginning of the planning phases for our October trip and I need to start calculating whether or not TIW is better than DDP for us.

Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some good things coming. Not the points reallocation though... wondering how that is going to change.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    [*]DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
    [*]Point reallocations are coming again in 2013[*]Vacation planner being mailed now – handed out at meeting
    [/LIST]
    I'm happy to hear about the Tables in Wonderland availability without an AP. There are some years that we just don't go into the parks enough times to warrant the AP purchase.

Just because I tend towards panic attacks over my Disney planning, did there seem to be much difference in the 2013 point distribution?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Yes! I'd like to know when too! We are in the beginning of the planning phases for our October trip and I need to start calculating whether or not TIW is better than DDP for us.

95% chance TiW is going to be a better deal. My last calculation had DDP being the worst value of the bunch, including OOP, at least for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    95% chance TiW is going to be a better deal. My last calculation had DDP being the worst value of the bunch, including OOP, at least for us.
    I just don't see how that's possible. I've run spreadsheet analysis on every trip we've taken with the DDP and not once have I not come out 25%-35% ahead of the game even including what we paid out of pocket.

TIW basically pays for the tip and that's it, plus it costs you $70 to join or something.

Unless you simply avoid eating at TS, I see no way possible you're not saving money using the DDP. Just using the TS credit alone basically pays for your day's worth of food, making the CS and the snack gravy.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I just don't see how that's possible. I've run spreadsheet analysis on every trip we've taken with the DDP and not once have I not come out 25%-35% ahead of the game even including what we paid out of pocket.

TIW basically pays for the tip and that's it, plus it costs you $70 to join or something.

Unless you simply avoid eating at TS, I see no way possible you're not saving money using the DDP. Just using the TS credit alone basically pays for your day's worth of food, making the CS and the snack gravy.
    Ian, I do agree with you for the most part, except in the case that you eat at many signature places. In that case, I have found TiW is the best deal based on my calculations. Also, TiW gives discounts on alcohol, which is nice as we have a alcoholic beverage with our TS meals.

We are in agreement that it has ever come out as best when paying OOP without a discount, unless as you say you eat at little to no TS during your trip.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Last trip, I did the math based on our normal eating habits. Not speculated, I took what we ordered for the week and matched up food credits, etc.

We don't eat dessert, we did TS each day, some many character meals, etc.

Once you factor in tip, cost of DDP when we go, even the cost of the TiW card, we came out ahead by $200 for two people over DDP. $100 over OOP.

I imagine that it's possible to come out ahead on the DDP if you plan your meals carefully and eat the more expensive items on the menus. I'm usually a steak person, my wife chicken/salad type person. The cost of DDP is extreme IMHO.

That's why OOP would be cheaper too. We wouldn't order a dessert (wouldn't eat it either). We did plenty of CS locations too, about once a day, so there wasn't a TiW discount on that too.

I don't think it's a fair comparison to guestimate on prices before going. Things change, etc. Our comparison was based on actual receipts during an actual trip. We weren't trrying to work the system to generate value. WIt was just an experiment I decided to perform when I stumbled across the stack of receipts from our food purchases after a trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I don't think it's a fair comparison to guestimate on prices before going. Things change, etc. Our comparison was based on actual receipts during an actual trip.
    Same here. At the end of every day, I bring my food receipts back to the hotel and plug them into a spreadsheet.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: