Quantcast crystal palace

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: crystal palace

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that are complaining about Disney prices, have you been to Arbys' or Wendy's lately? Have you eaten out anywhere? The cost of grain, etc. is high and food prices everywhere are high. If you don't want to pay those prices don't eat there.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

It is true that character breakfasts are expensive. There is no doubt about that. Crystal palace was disgusting when we were there in May.... We won't be going back but we also went there on the dining plan so I didn't see the price of the breakfast. Honestly I didn't even eat I was so grossed out with the food. (neither did my hubby)
    But again it is all a matter of opinion and I think that everyone in their lifetime should at least do one character breakfast...after that eat in the room It saves a lot of money and you eat what you like. I love being a DVC'r because I can do this with ease when we are there.
    Anywhere you go food is expensive and character breakfasts are expensive in Disney. (no doubt about it).
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    For those of you that are complaining about Disney prices, have you been to Arbys' or Wendy's lately? Have you eaten out anywhere? The cost of grain, etc. is high and food prices everywhere are high. If you don't want to pay those prices don't eat there.
    Wendy's? They have a value menu with items priced at 99 cents. You can get a hamburger, a small chili, and a soda for under $4.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I like going to Crystal Palace is being able to walk up Main Street USA when it's practically deserted. Makes for great photos. Don't know when I'll be doing that again though, because the new price increases are a bit much. Disney keeps raising prices without increasing quality. The food at CP is ordinary at best. I've had breakfasts just as good at Denny's and Perkins.
    Until people wise up a little and stop going, the prices will continue to go up.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with several points made here. Disney really is getting crazy with their ever increasing food prices. And character breakfasts in general offer the least value in all of Disney Dining. Over a $100 for breakfast? I choke up here at home if i pay over $40 for my family of 4. But that's home, and not Disney World. I expect to pay more there.
    I must say, the one character breakfast i did try, Cape May, with Beach Donald, Goofy and Minnie, was fun. I enjoyed it and the food. But still, when i got the bill, i decided once was enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seriously considering canceling my breakfast ADRs for Crystal Palace, 'Ohana and Boma this November. I'm not sure if I'll keep a single one. I can afford it, but this is ridiculous.

At first, I thought that $125 was an anomaly, but I don't think it is, going by TheDuckRocks's rates. What they're charging for breakfast at CP now is more than what I was charged for dinner at 'Ohana four years ago.

So for a CP breakfast for my family (2 adults, 1 4yo and 1 infant), it will cost about $70 before tax and tip and about $95 after tax & tip. FOR BREAKFAST! While I have had no problem in the past with character meals and other buffets costing more than a similar meal would at home, this is exhorbitant.

There is going to be a lot of sticker shock and angry people who don't know that a meal at these places is this expensive until the get the bill at the end of their meal.

This is a money grab, plain and simple. It looks like the era of Meg Crofton is rearing its head yet again.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epceddie View Post
    Wendy's? They have a value menu with items priced at 99 cents. You can get a hamburger, a small chili, and a soda for under $4.
    Ditto!
    Disney is pricing families out. Greed! I hope Walt is frozen, cuz if he isn't, he's spinning in his grave.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We've noticed this problem... so on our recent trip we grabbed a big bag of multigrain bales from Dunkin' on the way in and at those with peanut butter and cream cheese instead of going out. Would much rather splurge on Dinner than Breakfast!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Last time we were at boma i think it was $39.00 for an adult so i dont even think those prices are high enough to be completely correct. The grand floridian cafe has a lovely menu with great pricing for breakfast. I think the kids menus were $2.50-$3.50 and the adults were $7-$11. I love crystal palace and I agree, their food is not that good, however, If it costs me $130 to walk down main street with my family before the park opens, I have already given Disney $4000 on average for a trip, so that little bit of extra money so that we can feel like the park belongs to us for a minute is worth every dime! Besides, I am a vegetarian so I eat mostly fresh fruit and such off the breakfast there. ;-)
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking for a place for one morning because it is DD's birthday. I noticed that Whispering Canyon (WL) had an all-u-can eat skillet for $15.99 per person. That isn't too bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I have been been to wendys ( no arbys near me) . Have you Markc? Could feed a family of 4 for what it costs for 1 person there. And I wont be eating there in November when my wife and I are there for our anniversary. Canceled our reservations today. The "cost of grain etc" dosent justify a fifty percent increase.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: