Quantcast Talk About Excessive Pirce Increases - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    We never use lockers (we travel pretty light), but honestly I really think Disney's prices are pretty much in line with other, comparable entertainment venues.

For example, if I want to go see an Eagles game (which offers me maybe 3-4 hours of "fun" ... if they win) it's going to cost me $100 minimum for a ticket, plus $20 to park, and then you have to pay for the $8 drinks, $7 hot dogs, etc.

By contrast, even if I bought a one day/one park pass for like $80 and paid $15 to park I'd save $25 and I'd get around 12 hours of entertainment out of it.
    Yea I agree about comparable to entertainment venues. Up here in Boston, entertainment at the movies, skiing, Fenway Park, Gillette Stadium, TD Garden, etc. the costs are ridiculous. It makes the WDW theme parks look like a bargain.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything is going up...

We are a family of 4 2 adults, 2 children

A trip to Yankee stadium costs us $400

Radio City Christmas Show another $400 day

Miley Cyrus concert $300, and like Ian mentioned these are only for a few hours of entertainment.

Hershey park was a pleasant surprise at $120 for tickets for the day. I was so surprised, I said to the cashier..."that's all I owe".
    Anyway, at the end of the day, and having done many different parks, sporting events, and entertainment venues, I think Disney does offer a good bang for the buck...IMO.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever you look at SMALL numbers the percentage always looks HUGE when they have an increase. From $1 to$2 it is a 100% increase!! What an INCREASE!! Oh wait it's a only buck.

Let's be real. If you needed a locker every day you went into a park for a week visit it would cost you $12 more. If you don't want to carry a back pack you pay for a locker. If you are paying for a locker you budget for it. I used to have a line item for a stroller when my kids were little.

I went to Great America in Chicago and payed $6 for a stale pretzel and $2 for a cup of cold cheese sauce. I have to budget for a trip to the Museum and have to try and get free tickets to afford to go to a Bears game.

We need to take the comparable markets into account before we start spinning things out of proportion. I would gladly pay DOUBLE for a trip to WDW and at these increases it will take 20 years before DOUBLE is even close.
    23 Trips in 21 Years, Including 5 Disney Cruises, From Chicago
    Hopefully DisneyLAND summer 2014!
    DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    I've
    As for parking, they don't make money on it. It's just a bottom line. Consider this: all on-property resort guests with a parking permit for their resort get free parking. All cast members get free parking. AP's get free parking I believe (although don't quote me on this, I'm not 100%). That's quite a few people who are technically parking for free. They have to make some kind of profit on parking. So they do have to, unfortunately, charge higher rates for the people that aren't in those three groups: day trippers and off-property guests.

I guess you could say Disney could use the free parking angle as a way to improve AP sales or on-property resort bookings.

Bottom Line.... Parking should be included in the price of the ticket.
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renfairwedding View Post
    I'm not paying for parking unless I need to park a car. I don't drive in WDW, so I don't pay for parking. Seems fair...

Now, the cost to park a car is what's up for debate I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I'm not paying for parking unless I need to park a car. I don't drive in WDW, so I don't pay for parking. Seems fair...
    Not to mention like I noted earlier you don't pay for parking anyway if you're staying on property.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Renfairwedding View Post
    I believe that the cars in the lot don't actually account for a very large percentage of people on WDW property anymore....so that would make the included parking price kinda ridiculous....even by disney standards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    Not to mention like I noted earlier you don't pay for parking anyway if you're staying on property.
    What, you don't think it's already figured into the room price somewhere along the line. In reality, you're paying for parking whether you have a car in the lot or not.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    What, you don't think it's already figured into the room price somewhere along the line. In reality, you're paying for parking whether you have a car in the lot or not.
    Yeah, double dipping is to be expected, triple dipping is a violation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Altair

Yeah, double dipping is to be expected, triple dipping is a violation.

Unless you go to Universal and stay at one of their hotels, and then you also pay for parking every day...so can we come up with an example of quadruple dipping .

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't joke about paying for using the restrooms! We've been places that do charge (years ago when my sister was little) and it was no fun running around looking for my parents because we didn't know about the charge and didn't have any change. At that age she didn't give a lot of warning and one time we almost had to just send her crawling under a stall door Personally, I am willing to put up with these price increases, and even the larger ones if it means a trip to Disney. It just means saving a little more or making some changes in our touring habits but the other theme parks I've been to just don't compare to a family with a lot of disabilities that Disney accomodates so well and the magic we find there.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: