Quantcast Let's all Go Cup Crazy! - Page 16

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    Crosby and Malkin have more points each going into the series than Zetterberg had coming out of it last year and winning the Conn Smythe. Plus I think the injuries are pretty significant on the Wings side. I mean several players who didn't play a couple days ago will be playing. These guys can not be 100%. Plus beat up guys playing two games less than 24 hours apart.? That favors a young, healthy team a lot. That isn't the league showing any favortism at all, either, as they announced there would be NBC back-to-back weekend Stanley Cup finals games before the playoffs even started.

"You can spit-shine your shoes, Mabel, it's time to dance with Lord Stanley" - Mike Lange

LET'S GO PENS!!!
    Time has shown that a couple of really good players don't make the whole team. I'm not knocking the Penguins but the reason the Red Wings have been consistently so good(and won the cup so many times) since 97' is that they don't really have one "all-star" on the team. It's their team depth that has carried them so far. You never really know who is going to score because the whole team is so well rounded. I think the Penguins will eventually win the Stanley Cup, just not this year.
    Ken Willis really needs to get a life!
    Being a dirtbag is very un-becoming.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Abiding Dude View Post
    Time has shown that a couple of really good players don't make the whole team. I'm not knocking the Penguins but the reason the Red Wings have been consistently so good(and won the cup so many times) since 97' is that they don't really have one "all-star" on the team. It's their team depth that has carried them so far. You never really know who is going to score because the whole team is so well rounded. I think the Penguins will eventually win the Stanley Cup, just not this year.
    Fleury was awesome down the stretch in the regular season and made the saves he needed to in the playoffs.

Orpik is among the leaders in hits.

Scuderi is a solid defenseman.

Fendotenko and Satan have been contributing well.

Guerin is playing like he is a kid again.

Cooke is a physical player you watch out for.

Add all that to Crosby and Malkin who are two of the top three in points this year and I don't think this is a team you want to play.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to the Wings on the win, all in all happy with the way teh Pens played.

Basically it was a tie. Two fluke lucky goals for the Wings proved to be the difference.

Let's see what happens tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post

Basically it was a tie. Two fluke lucky goals for the Wings proved to be the difference.

I knew people would say the first goal was a "fluke goal". Last time I checked a goal is a goal. Thank goodness it wasn't a tie, that would have been really confusing! Fleury looked really weak, he's much stronger than that.

One thing is for sure, we'll see what happens.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I knew people would say the first goal was a "fluke goal". Last time I checked a goal is a goal. Thank goodness it wasn't a tie, that would have been really confusing! Fleury looked really weak, he's much stronger than that.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    Fleury looked weak?

Please explain how so? He made 27 saves, some of them during a flurry of Wing activity in front of the next, and gave up only one true goal.

Yes, the other two were flukes, unless you think that both times the Wings players MEANT to bounce pucks off the backboard and then off the back of Fleury's legs or butt.

That won't happen all series, especially when it goes back to the Igloo, where the boards aren't made of rubber.

Don't look a couple of gift goals in the mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the two teams were very even. The Pens played well. However, I don't care how you play and the stats. The 3-1 score is what mattered. Champions find ways to win and if the Pens do not find a way to win tonight and put the puck in the net to finish chances, they are finished. This is not Washington we are playing. I still really believe that the downfall (if that is what happens) will be the power play and what Mike Yeo is doing is not working on a consistent basis. It is a weak link in this whole thing and could cost them dearly.

I have been down on the Pens before and ate crow in the past. I will gladly eat crow again. However, tonight's game is critical to keep the Cup within the Pens grasp.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    I agree with your post except for the last line. After all, I think the Wings are going to play those boards again tonight (it worked didn't it) and Fleury needs to get educated on those boards really quickly. My wife was saying the same thing about the unlucky bounces. As in my last post, I still think Champions find ways to win games despite the unlucky bounces. Let's Go Pens!
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Fleury looked weak?

Please explain how so? He made 27 saves, some of them during a flurry of Wing activity in front of the next, and gave up only one true goal.

Yes, the other two were flukes, unless you think that both times the Wings players MEANT to bounce pucks off the backboard and then off the back of Fleury's legs or butt.

That won't happen all series, especially when it goes back to the Igloo, where the boards aren't made of rubber.

Don't look a couple of gift goals in the mouth.
    That was a Stanley Cup Championship performance? Absolutely not....he looked weak, unsteady, totally unsure of himself. Goal is my absolute favorite position, I would stick up for a goalie before I would a whole team, and his performance was weak. The Wings absolutely meant to bounce pucks off the boards and get them in the net, again a goal is a goal. Fleury's going to have to learn to defend the board bounces or he won't win. That's great that he can play better in his own stadium, but he won't win the cup if he can't learn how to defend at the Joe. The only goal the Pens could muster was a weak rebound that Osgood should have smothered. He made a mistake and they capitalized. That's the way it should be, but it's got to be more than that. IF they hadn't gotten that "fluke" goal and the two you said were the WIng's "fluke" goals it would have been 1-0. The most important thing is that it was 3-1. I don't expect it to be a sweep by any means, I just think the Wings know that getting pucks to the net no matter whether they go off the boards, butt whatever. These goals are just as important as the 3 on 1 plays where they absolutely dazzle the goalie into submission. It's all the same in the end. I'll be interested to see how things play out tonight.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

lol ... It was "basically a tie " ? Hilarious. As Babcock mentioned during the presser, the Pens spent all morning testing the boards and playing rebounds off them ... so it's not like it was a surprise.

Pens looked good, but Sidney's cheap shot on his way off the ice shows the guys is the same cry baby loser he was last year. He better start worrying more about his play and less about Maltby getting in his head or it's going to be a short series.

Hope the Wings pull another one out tonight .... especially since my Uncle called last night to invite me to sit with him ... AT CENTER ICE SIX ROWS UP !!!!! YES !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The two goals that got past Fleury were the type of goals that can break a goalie's confidence. He certainly didn't look like he was playing his best last night. Now Osgood gives up weird goals like that all the time. He's always played like that throughout his carreer. He could just come off a shutout and not be scored on for the first two periods and give up a bad goal at the last minute of the third, right in the five-hole. He's a really good goalie, he just has always had little inconsistant streaks. I'm always on pins and needles watching him play because you never know if this is the shot/night that he's going to fall apart for no apparent reason.
    Oh, I forgot...
    GO WINGS!
    Ken Willis really needs to get a life!
    Being a dirtbag is very un-becoming.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Fleury wasn't at the top of his game yesterday. I hope he does his usual and after a not so stellar game, he comes out smokin'. For Pens fans, those were fluke goals - something we're not used to seeing because it's not the norm for the puck to bounce around like that, at least not at Mellon Arena. Whether they were lucky bounces or shot like that on purpose doesn't matter - they were still goals and 2 more than the Pens scored. It was only 1 game - there are 6 more left!

Lets Go Pens!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
    lol ... It was "basically a tie " ? Hilarious.
    What I meant was they basically played even, and you know it.

The only goal the Pens could muster was a weak rebound that Osgood should have smothered. He made a mistake and they capitalized. That's the way it should be, but it's got to be more than that. IF they hadn't gotten that "fluke" goal and the two you said were the WIng's "fluke" goals it would have been 1-0.
    So let me get this straight. The two lucky bounces were meant to happen, bu tthe Pens'g goal was a weak one? Now THAT'S hilarious.

Well, then I guess by your logic the score should have been 0-0, since the Wings final goal was a lucky bounce right back to Abdelkader that he stuffed into the net, no?

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant was they basically played even, and you know it.

So let me get this straight. The two lucky bounces were meant to happen, bu tthe Pens'g goal was a weak one? Now THAT'S hilarious.

Well, then I guess by your logic the score should have been 0-0, since the Wings final goal was a lucky bounce right back to Abdelkader that he stuffed into the net, no?
    A goal is a goal....I'm sure you agreed tonight when Stuart scored the only goal for you. That sure was a "fluke" wasn't it? Thank goodness it still counts or it would have been 3-0.

Excellent game again, I have no complaints. The Wings have absolutely shut Crosby down and we're getting under Malkin's skin, I love it!

Now we'll see how we can do back in Pitts. I hate that I'm not home right now...have to find some way to watch the games while DH and I are driving from NY back to NM this week.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

A goal is a goal....I'm sure you agreed tonight when Stuart scored the only goal for you. That sure was a "fluke" wasn't it? Thank goodness it still counts or it would have been 3-0.
    No, it was a fluke goal. At least I can admit when one is.

Excellent game again, I have no complaints. The Wings have absolutely shut Crosby down and we're getting under Malkin's skin, I love it!
    Better hope it doesn't backfire on you. Last time an opposing player got under a Penguini's skin it was 3-0 Philly in game 6. You saw what happened after that.

I have no complaints about this game either. Again, the teams are playing evenly. In fact, the Pens are outshooting and have more scoring chances, so I'm not worried....yet. They just have to stop hitting the posts, and find a way to get around the "phantom interference" that the Wings put on them.

As for "completely shutting Crosby down", what series are you watching? He hasn't scored, but he's set up his teammates more than once, and they misfired. Guerin last night was a perfect example.

The difference so far in this series has been Osgood.

Now we'll see how we can do back in Pitts. I hate that I'm not home right now...have to find some way to watch the games while DH and I are driving from NY back to NM this week.
    Good goddess you were in my town all this time. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Impartial opinion from a guy who hates both teams equally ... Pens fans are deluding themselves if they think these games have been equal.

I've watched the majority of both games and, outside of a few minutes in a random period or two, I've seen the Wings basically dominate play over the Pens.

As far as the Pens having more shots than the Wings ... I actually see that as a bad thing, not a sign that they're being competitive. First off, they're taking more shots and scoring less goals, which means they're probably playing slightly panicked and rushing their shots. It also means their Fleury is not playing as well as Osgood.

If this series continued exactly the same way it has gone for the first two games, the Red Wings would sweep the Pens. No question.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Impartial opinion from a guy who hates both teams equally ... Pens fans are deluding themselves if they think these games have been equal.

I've watched the majority of both games and, outside of a few minutes in a random period or two, I've seen the Wings basically dominate play over the Pens.

As far as the Pens having more shots than the Wings ... I actually see that as a bad thing, not a sign that they're being competitive. First off, they're taking more shots and scoring less goals, which means they're probably playing slightly panicked and rushing their shots. It also means their Fleury is not playing as well as Osgood.

If this series continued exactly the same way it has gone for the first two games, the Red Wings would sweep the Pens. No question.
    As a disappointed Pens fan, I agree. Bottom line, this is a 7 games series and they have 2 more than us. The score is what matters at the end.

However, I will not lose all hope unless the Pens lose at home. If we can win the next two (I think this is what the NHL wants ) then we have a new series. Unless the league influences outcomes though, I do not see Detroit letting the Pens back into this one.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly hope you're right!

I've been a Detroit sports fan long enough to know not to get over confident. Let's just say that I've been happy with the way things have gone, and hope they continue for two more games!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to hear this from Pens fans about Malkin and his message sending at the end of the game. Since Pens fans were quick to call for suspension when people were sending messages against them earlier in the playoffs. Especially after this quote do you think Malkin should get a suspension for lead with his stick last night and actually making contact a few times before dropping the gloves?

It sounds wimpy, but do you really want to see someone get hurt with a cheapshot? Yes this includes the "whiner" (103 point Crosby) and Malkin, the Art Ross winner. As much as people don't want to hear it, the NHL is not going to let these guys get hurt by some goon obviously lacking in hockey skill.

Now I am totally impartial just curious on Pens fan's feelings.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

However, I will not lose all hope unless the Pens lose at home. If we can win the next two (I think this is what the NHL wants ) then we have a new series.
    Oh absolutely ... I didn't mean to imply that the series was over by any stretch of the imagination.

If the Pens have proven anything this playoffs it's that their resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I'm curious to hear this from Pens fans about Malkin and his message sending at the end of the game. Since Pens fans were quick to call for suspension when people were sending messages against them earlier in the playoffs. Especially after this quote do you think Malkin should get a suspension for lead with his stick last night and actually making contact a few times before dropping the gloves?

Now I am totally impartial just curious on Pens fan's feelings.
    Huh ... funny you mentioned that, because as I was watching that happen (to a goalie no less) I was thinking about this very thread and wondering how our resident Pens fans would spin it so that it would mesh with the opinions they'd expressed previously.

Because from where I'm sitting there are really only two possibilities ... either you admit that Malkin should be suspended for his behavior or you prove yourself to be a pathetic homer-type hypocrite.

Which will it be?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Because from where I'm sitting there are really only two possibilities ... either you admit that Malkin should be suspended for his behavior or you prove yourself to be a pathetic homer-type hypocrite.

Which will it be?
    LOL...wow, what a choice you leave us!

Yea, he does. But he's not getting one, so what are you going to do? Ovie didn't get one, now Malkin didn't. We're even.

However, the Pens are done in this series unless they start playing the Wing's game.

The refs are obviously letting them play, evidence by the non calls on both times Zetterberg covered the puck with his hand in the crease, and the non calls on all the interference that the Wings have been doing for ages, so much so that they're pros at it.

If the refs are gong to allow that, then the Pens have to start doing some themselves or they're finished.

They also have to start hitting these guys the way they hit Carolina. That's how Anaheim almost beat them. So far, the Pens have been playing hands off here. I'm not sure why.

Blysma better correct this.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: