Quantcast How is the new Nemo show in AK versus Tarzan Rocks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How is the new Nemo show in AK versus Tarzan Rocks?

We haven't been to Disney since they overhauled Tarzan rocks. The last time we were there we litterly melted from the heat and did not enjoy any part of the show. I couldn't image the performers and how hot they were.

I was curious how the new show and theater is since my understanding is it is now AC and indoors?
    WDWDREAMER
    "It all started with a mouse" - Walt Disney
    Offsite - 1980
    DL - 2000
    PO - RS - 2001
    PO - RS - 2003
    CB - 2004
    CB - June 2006
    CB - June 2009
    AOA - July 2012
    CB - May2015
    Poly - May 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwdreamer View Post
    We haven't been to Disney since they overhauled Tarzan rocks. The last time we were there we litterly melted from the heat and did not enjoy any part of the show. I couldn't image the performers and how hot they were.

I was curious how the new show and theater is since my understanding is it is now AC and indoors?
    Yes, the theater is now enclosed.

I definitely prefer Finding Nemo. It is an amazing show!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen Tarzan Rocks, but the Nemo show is nice and cool (indoors) and is an awesome show. I think it is broadway calibur.

Very well done and fun. Good music and good humor. Nice adaptation of the movie.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

The theatre is better because it is enclosed and air conditioned. However, we prefer Tarzan Rocks over the Nemo show. The music from Tarzan is much better.
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

Love the new closed in theater, but sure miss Tarzan Rocks.

Post Thanks / Like

love it love it.. our 18mth old even sat through this show and I still get teary eyed when i hear the song, big blue world.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

There's only one word for the new Finding Nemo musical at DAK... WOW! It is such a huge improvement over Tarzan's rollerskating monkeys, and the original songs are really good. Disney knocked a home-run deep into center field with this one. Do NOT miss it!
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

Tarzan Rocks vs Nemo the Musical?

It's like night and day... Evil vs Good, Red Sox vs Yankees. Oscar vs Felix, Lavern vs Shirley...

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I love the theater. The Nemo show is OK, see it once and you don't need to go again. Both of us enjoyed Tarzan Rocks a lot better. That was always a don't miss for us.
    Besides there is too much Nemo in the parks now.
    Please create more shows like Tarzan Rocks.
    May & Oct 2015
    Dec 2014 Oct 2013
    Oct 2012 Dec 2011 Oct 2010
    Apr & Nov 2009
    May & Oct 2008
    Oct 2007 Oct 2006 Oct 2005
    Mar & Oct 2004
    Oct 2003
    Feb & Oct 2002
    Sep 2000 Dec 1999 Oct 1998 Sep 1997

Post Thanks / Like

I Like the air conditioning but hate the show. Having seen Nemo once I will never see it again. It just doesn't do anything for me. However Tarzan Rocks was a great show that I would see over and over. The music was great for Tarzan but I don't like the songs at Nemo. If they were going to take Tarzan out they could have come up with something better than what they did. Having said that you should really go and see it for yourself as everyone has a different opinion and it maybe something you would like.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the stunts from Tarzan and of course, the music was a lot better - c'mon - Phil Collins. And Nemo was not originally a musical.

However, Nemo is a much higher-calibre show than Tarzan, Broadway-wise. Great effects, story. It also has a broader appeal for most age groups; i.e. - more people have seen this movie than Tarzan. Not fair but true.

It's a great show. Just be aware that the line forms early and it's mostly in direct sunlight. Once inside, you're better off sitting in the 2nd tier (to the right of the main walkway) rather than in the "orchestra". You'll have much better views.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why...but there seem to be far fewer screaming female patrons (actually none) at Nemo. So, from this I must assume that Tarzan was more entertaining.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Pfft, not when Crush comes out. He's so cute.

I prefer Nemo. Tarzan wasn't that great in my opinion, and evidenced by how the Broadway show ended almost as soon as it opened, I think Nemo will be much more successful in the long run. Although I do love the full Broadway Tarzan over Tarzan Rocks.

As for Nemo, it was written by Rpbert Lopez, one of the folks who wrote Avenue Q, so it was adapted for the stage to be a full Broadway Production. Disney, wanted it in the parks instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have to say that I'm thoroughly shocked at the number of people who do NOT enjoy this show! I was a big fan of Tarzan Rocks . . . more specifically of Phil Collins, but I instantly fell in love with Nemo the Musical the first time I saw it. I'm a huge musical theatre lover and this show is definitely of high callibre. The songs are well written (thanks Jessica for the Avenue Q reference, I didn't know that ), and the puppetry is on par with broadway's Lion King show which one a Tony award for costuming!
    Please go see it for yourself!! It's definitely worth it!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't seen either show, but i am very interested in seeing nemo next time i go. i know my family would love it!!
    Richard
    "please stand clear of the doors"
    multiple times as little kid but don't remember the dates
    1993-ft. wilderness
    1994-contemporary
    1995-ft. wilderness
    2002-caribbean beach/polynesian
    2003-off property
    2005-coronado springs
    2009-off property condo
    2011-Bay Lake Towers/Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have to preface my opinion by saying our kids are a bit older now, so when they were younger Tarzan was bigger. By the time Nemo rolled around, they were older and not as into it. We used to see the Tarzan show regularly and really liked it. We've gone to the Nemo show and just don't really enjoy it that much. I'm sure it's very enjoyable for the younger Nemo crowds and it most definitely belongs at Disney right now, but we would bring back Tarzan in an instant.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Go Twice

See Nemo more than once. First time, sit in the second tier, as suggested earlier, and enjoy the "wide spectrum" view of the production. It's really an amazing show. Then, see it again, only this time try to get seats down toward the stage and runway. This way, you'll be able to see the actors & puppets up close & personal. It's a totally different perspective & really gives you an appreciation of how hard working & talented the cast is.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Erm....I'm 23 and I love the Nemo Musical. And, Tarzan came out in 1999 so I would have been 13. I love the Tarzan movie a whole lot more than the Nemo movie, but I love the puppetry, set design, lighting, and music involved with Nemo Musical a lot more than I did the stunts and sets of Tarzan Rocks.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I like them both and am disappointed that they could not have both shows in the park. As many have said, the biggest drawback to Tarzan Rocks! was the outdoor stage and Florida heat and humidity.

DW was mortified when TR! was closed! She adored the acrobatics and inline skating stunts. She likes FN:TM, but misses TR! immensely.

Post Thanks / Like

Diversity makes the world go round. I am surprised by how many loyal TR fans we have because my family never though the TR show was that great. Air conditioning aside, I think the Nemo show is far better. It doesn't have the stunts that TR had, but the story, the set, the puppetry and the costumes, all are better IMHO. We try to catch Nemo every time we visit. I only saw the TR once and once was enough for me on that one.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: