Quantcast Nj Girls 2008 Vacation Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nj Girls 2008 Vacation Day 1

We took a 3 day cruise followed by 7 days in Disney/Universal. I will post the cruise part of the vacation here and the rest of the vacation in the trip report section.

Cast: Me
    DH
    DS 10
    DN 14

We took a flight from Philly Weds night after I was done work and stayed in the Hyatt Hotel right inside of the Orlando Airport. That is something we will be doing again. The hotel was very nice and sooooooooo much more convenant than getting a shuttle to an outside hotel. The cost was a little bit more but worth it IMO.

We got to sleep in since we only had a 45 min drive to the port. We left the hotel at 11:00 and had a nice drive to the port. We went to VIP check in and was able to board the ship at 12:00.

We had the buffet lunch at Parrot Cay and it was very good. By 1:00 we were able to go check out our room. We had a balcony and used it alot during our three days especially in the morning and at night.

The boys checked out the pools and spent time in the game room. My nephew was dissappointed with the pools being so small and crowded but I told him most cruise ships have smaller pools.

We had the 5:30 seating for dinner and our first night it was at Tritons. We arrive at the front desk and handed in our dinning ticket and were told that we were in the wrong dinning room. I was told our ticket had a misprint and we were to go to Parrot Cay. We walked over to Parrot Cay, they looked at out ticket and told us we were to go to Tritons. I explained that we were at Triton's and told to go to Parrot Cay and that person said no go back to Tritons. At this point I am getting annoyed since we are being brushed off instead of someone taking the time to find out what is going on. We walk all the way back to Triton's and again we are turned away!!! This time I tell them that we are not leaving and want to speak to the person in charge. We were speaking to the person in charge!!!!!!!! He taakes another look on his computer and says we ARE supposed to be in Tritons!!!!!! By this time it is 6:00. They take us to our table and a family is sitting there eating their salads! While we are standing there they make the family get up and move. They change the table cloth and the setting and tell us to sit down. By this time our dinner is ruined. It was was unprofessional the way they handled the whole situation from start to finish.

After dinner the boys didn't want to see the show (I was told they are too old for it) so we went on deck and watched the baseball game on the big screen TV.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How tacky to ask another family to move!! HOW HORRIBLE to have the first dinner ruined!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry! I bet by the time you were sitting to eat your stomach was in a bit of a knot and didn't quite feel like it. What a shame!

Question....how did you sign up for VIP check-in? Is that based on room cat. or? (Forgive my ignorance!

Thanks for the report!!! I look forward to reading the rest!!!
    Megan and four-footed Jolene "JoJo"

DL October 2004- Offsite
    WDW October 2006 - Pop Century 70's
    DCL Magic November 2008
    WDW November 2008 - Pop Century 50's
    WDW Birthday trip!!!! Aug 2009 WoooHOO!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turk82 View Post
    How tacky to ask another family to move!! HOW HORRIBLE to have the first dinner ruined!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry! I bet by the time you were sitting to eat your stomach was in a bit of a knot and didn't quite feel like it. What a shame!

Question....how did you sign up for VIP check-in? Is that based on room cat. or? (Forgive my ignorance!

Thanks for the report!!! I look forward to reading the rest!!!
    As angry as I was I felt really bad for the family who was eating and if I had known someone was already sitting there i would have insisted that they find us an empty table. Even thinking about it now i am still in shock how they handled the whole situation.

VIP check in is for Castawy Cay members only so if you have cruised on Disney before you can get it automatically. Also if you have a Disney Chase Visa card you can get a $50 on board credit to use against your cruise charges.

By the way thanks for doing the countdown. It was fun checking your thread every week to see how much longer we had!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

wow i cant believe how that whole dinner thing was handled..i hope tomorrow is a better day for you guys..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tacky about the way they handled the situation. Looking forward to reading about your next day.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

That is so unfortunate to have something bad happen. I hope you will be able to have a good time the rest of your cruise and try not to let it bother you too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe they made the other family move. I would think they would have asked you if you would like to come back to a later seating. Sorry you trip started that way. I hope it got better. Thanks for sharing.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laward32 View Post
    I can't believe they made the other family move. I would think they would have asked you if you would like to come back to a later seating. Sorry you trip started that way. I hope it got better. Thanks for sharing.
    I would have accepted another table because I really didn't care where we sat in the dinning room but I wouldn't have accepted the later dinner. We would have had to wait 2 more hours to eat and that was not something we were expecting.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Seems like the other family had come to the wrong seating in the first place causing the confusion. I wonder if anyone checked their seating cards? I bet they were supposed to be a second seating.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

I have a non-Disney cruise question. Do you know if they run shuttles for other cruises from the airport? We are thinking of staying at the Hyatt also. Where did the shuttle bring you back to after?
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    As angry as I was I felt really bad for the family who was eating and if I had known someone was already sitting there i would have insisted that they find us an empty table. Even thinking about it now i am still in shock how they handled the whole situation.

VIP check in is for Castawy Club members only so if you have cruised on Disney before you can get it automatically. Also if you have a Disney Chase Visa card you can get a $50 on board credit to use against your cruise charges.

By the way thanks for doing the countdown. It was fun checking your thread every week to see how much longer we had!
    I'm sorry that happened, too, even though I have only 18 days left before I leave on my first cruise.

I also fixed your error regarding the Castaway Club.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildernesslady View Post
    I have a non-Disney cruise question. Do you know if they run shuttles for other cruises from the airport? We are thinking of staying at the Hyatt also. Where did the shuttle bring you back to after?
    We did not take a shuttle from the Hyatt we had a rental car so I can't help you with that.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
    I also fixed your error regarding the Castaway Club.
    What error and how were you able to edit my post?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: