Quantcast Rudest Treatment Ever Seen By Guest Toward CM

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rudest Treatment Ever Seen By Guest Toward CM

I'm sure all the castmembers can pitch in their stories on this question...we've all commented on rude behavior of CM towards guests and guests towards other guests, but what is the rudest treatment you've ever seen at the hands of a guest toward a Cast Member?

Here's mine: I was browsing in the gift shop in the French Pavilion and they had an area where you could buy a glass of wine...they had like 4 different ones you could choose from....one CM asked another to watch the register and wait on customers while he took a quick restroom break....the castmember going to the restroom spoke English very well, but you could tell the young lady watching the counter for him had a bit of problems with the English language but she couldn't have been more than 21-she was cute as a bug with a huge smile plastered on her face...a man came up with kids in tow and asked what wine was available to sample...she indicated the bottles on the counter and said these white or red...he asked if she had some specific brand and she had a bit of a puzzled look on her face and she once again indicated the bottles on the counter and said these, white or red...he once again asked for a specific wine not on the counter but he yelled at her this time, once again with a puzzled look and near tears, she indicated the ones on the counter....He yelled forget it, turned around and started to storm out, one of his kids said "What's the matter Daddy?" and he said just that she's "Very Typical French"...I was so mad and about that time the other cast member came in and she relayed the story (I'm assuming) in French....this of course made him in a foul mood and when I went to check out I started to comment on the other customers rude behavior but was afraid of embarassing the young lady....it kind of ruined the rest of my afternoon though...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

As a CM, I've got a few from personal experience, including having a Guest raise their hand to me. I've been pushed, shoved, elbowed, screamed at, yelled at, cussed at, had stuff thrown at me....

Guest get really rude, especially during parade times, holidays, fireworks, park closing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's terrible that you have encountered such rude behavior. I am a Huge Disney fan and I have seen a few guest get angry and I don't get it. This is such a happy place and Disney does so much for its guest. Hope you don't have anymore run ins! I know you won't have any problems with us!
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish you had spoken up for her. I'm not sure how letting the other CM now what had transpired would have embarrassed the young lady. It would have more likely shown her that not all Americans are rude or hot tempered. It probably would have brought back that nice smile you said she had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    As a CM, I've got a few from personal experience, including having a Guest raise their hand to me. I've been pushed, shoved, elbowed, screamed at, yelled at, cussed at, had stuff thrown at me....

Guest get really rude, especially during parade times, holidays, fireworks, park closing.
    Why?! Why?! I jsut dont get why you would have to act this way as described by Jessica here...Why would you feel the need to push a castmember?... I mean if you are having a bad time it's your fault not thiers..

Here is a good quesiton..How would they feel if you came to their job and started doing the things listed above...

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

It's really sad to see adults behaving like spoiled rotten, bratty little children, especially in front of impressionable children. Because, history has a way of repeating itself, and that child will most likely grow up to be just like their parents.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Quote Originally Posted by Stich8818 View Post
    Why?! Why?! I jsut dont get why you would have to act this way as described by Jessica here...Why would you feel the need to push a castmember?... I mean if you are having a bad time it's your fault not thiers..

Here is a good quesiton..How would they feel if you came to their job and started doing the things listed above...
    Pushing - results from closing lines for rides due to closing, character meetings, or shop closings.

I remember being on doors one night for MNSSHP and a guest with a stroller wanted in the store. We close the doors for the Emp at 7:30, and let guests for the party in, but not day guests. Well, she was cussing at me because I told her we were closed and I couldn't let any more guests in but that DTD was still open. She proceeded to take the stroller and try to run me over with it, repeatedly hitting me in the legs. At that point I just moved and really bit my tongue as to not say anything but if looks could do some serious damage....she would have been in a lot of pain.

*sighs* I often wonder why people act that way too. I mean, she had ALL DAY to shop. ALL DAY!!! And there are a million signs and announcements that the park is closing, from the busses, the TTC, the monorail, the resorts, the park guide, the turnstiles, and the announcement over the speaker systems that start at 3:30 and go off about every 30-45 minutes after that until close.

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I have never been physically assaulted by a guest. But I have been cursed at, reported, ect.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

The Magic Kingdom aside, this is the very reason I think serving any kind of alcohol in WDW is a HORRIBLE idea. Not just for the CMs (though I feel really bad for all of you having to put up with people who think there are no repercussions for what they do while on vacation) but for guests, too. Get a cocky, pushy man who is trying to compensate for short cummings and add alcohol? It's not safe. It doesn't take a weapon to do harm. I'm just glad none of you have been seriously hurt. Unfortunately, being at this family friendly mecca does not mean everyone who comes in is family friendly. Such a shame.

Heather

Post Thanks / Like

That is terrible for people to act that way. I know from customer service experience from my job that people just can't take no for an answer. They think they can just do what they want and then get nasty when they are told they can't. If they can't be nice in the happiest place on earth, then they must be miserable people all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msc_idiot View Post
    The Magic Kingdom aside, this is the very reason I think serving any kind of alcohol in WDW is a HORRIBLE idea. Not just for the CMs (though I feel really bad for all of you having to put up with people who think there are no repercussions for what they do while on vacation) but for guests, too. Get a cocky, pushy man who is trying to compensate for short cummings and add alcohol? It's not safe. It doesn't take a weapon to do harm. I'm just glad none of you have been seriously hurt. Unfortunately, being at this family friendly mecca does not mean everyone who comes in is family friendly. Such a shame.

Heather
    Sorry Heather- I just don't agree. While I understand that alcohol can escalate situations (I have witnesses drunken debauchery first hand at the food & wine festival), DH & I really enjoying having drinks at the other parks, and e]we've absolutely never gotten out of hand or been rude to anyone, especially CM's. Never.

Jessica- I am SO sorry you have to put up with that. I get yelled at sometimes by kookie clients (I'm in the legal field) but people trying to run you over with a stroller? Ugg! Is there some way to alert security for stuff like this?
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica, I'm so sorry that these things have happened to you!! What is wrong with people!

We saw a man screaming, and I do mean screaming, at a CM at the crystal palace while we were waiting to be seated. He wanted to eat there with his family and the CM told him that they were all booked. He was yelling, screaming, cursing at the poor women! He wanted to know why we, he actually, pointed at us, got to eat there. She tried to explain that we had an advanced dining reservation. It didn't help. He walked away all anger and huffy.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TINKERBELL_82 View Post
    Jessica- I am SO sorry you have to put up with that. I get yelled at sometimes by kookie clients (I'm in the legal field) but people trying to run you over with a stroller? Ugg! Is there some way to alert security for stuff like this?
    There is but by the time they get there, the Guest is gone. All we can do is give them a description of the Guest and they will keep an eye out for them to make sure they aren't causing more problems.

Unfortunately for us, if in the instance a Guest were to ever hit us, we'd be termed pretty much immediately, even if it's self defense. Which is bad for me, since I do know some self defense moves and I'm not one to stand there and let anyone just hit me.

I'm sure people at the other parks have had it worse, especially the ones with alcohol. I've seen girls working attractions getting hit on, some of our poor character friends getting hit on, advances, etc. I've literally watched as parents let their kids pull on tails, stomp on feet and hit the characters' face/head. It's disgusting at times.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how anyone could be so rude!! It is a sad world we live in when people freak out so easily.

Jessica you are so kind, I don't know how anyone could be so mean to you (or any CM). At least you know you are safe when around your Intercot friends, except during those tragic stroller incidents
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Yeah, those stroller accidents are deadly!

I better watch out I might be the next victim!

I think the mentality of Guests is that they pay XX amount of dollars to come on vacation, therefore they should have the World handed to them on a silver platter and that they are better than the 'lowly' CMs who work there. So they treat us accordingly, because they paid XX dollars and they want to see Mickey Mouse, gosh darnit! And sadly, stroller "accidents" happen as a result, as I'm sure many CM's have permanent bruises on their heels.

Post Thanks / Like

Guests frequently get mad and yell when they ask for a price on something...yelling about how after spending all that money to come on vacation Disney should give them stuff for free

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure people at the other parks have had it worse, especially the ones with alcohol. I've seen girls working attractions getting hit on, some of our poor character friends getting hit on, advances, etc. I've literally watched as parents let their kids pull on tails, stomp on feet and hit the characters' face/head. It's disgusting at times.
    Yes it is. In fact, a guest at DHS hit Mickey yesterday.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in the process of trying to train some new Cast Members as conductors for the train at Frontierland station, I had a guest cuss me out, yell at me, *and* take a swing at me over the railing because *his* kid was lost - and it was all "my fault" for "allowing" the kid to get lost...?!

Had a guest just the other day yell and cuss at me - because we had a car broke down that we had to get off the track, and "Now I won't be behind my kid!" Ummmm, yes...you will. The broke-down car is now out of the way, and you're the next car BEHIND YOUR KID....

We're constantly getting yelled at whenever we close down the attraction for lightning and weather. Ummm...hel-LOOOOOO....it's a half-mile of metal rail - a giant lightning rod...LOL

People get ugly, believe me...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - I guess I shouldn't be shocked but I am. It is hard for me to understand ever treating anyone that way - especially while on vacation at the "happiest place on earth". It certainly makes me appreciate the CMs even more than I already did. I've seen a few people be ugly to CMs - one was also at the Castle when they couldn't get a dining reservation, but what has been described here sounds much worse.

This Disney Nut says thank you to all the CMs for the exceptional job you do making sure we have a safe and magical vacation. As my 19 year old son would say - "preciate ya!"
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    October/November 2009 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    October/November 2014 - POP
    December 2015 - POR

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, a guest at DHS hit Mickey yesterday.
    Poor Mickey!

Don't these kids know he's 80 years old! Take it easy on an old Mouse!

I remember being at AK at RPW and Rafiki was out doing meets, well, he was standing there behind one of the trees. And the parents were off talking, the CAs were off talking to each other, and the kids were stomping on his feet, pulling his hair, running under his legs, pulling on his bread. And the parents were like "It's okay, he's not real!" And I just stood there with this shocked look on my face, and I turned to the parents and said, "At what point are you going to tell them to stop because he is real and you're probably hurting him?" And she turned and gave me a nasty look, and replied "It's not like he's a real person, he can't even feel it in his suit!" And then she told her kids they had to leave.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: