Quantcast Animal Kingdom Fans Unite - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2 words

DAWA BAR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love this park and definitely go a couple of times a trip!

The shows are great! Lion King was fabulous!

We love Kali RR and Dinosaur and Safari!

Loved Conservation Station!

Saw a lot of characters and loved the stations with animals or the little activities for the kids.

You can't rush through. This park has great detail and little extras but you have to slow down to appreciate it!
    Laura

April 2008 Contemporary
    August 2007 Pop
    May 2006 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

AK is my favorite park and when I "polled" our family (2 adults/5 kids) and asked them to give me their top 2 parks at WDW, AK got the most votes Similiar to what everyone has said, the rides are obvious favorites...but it is so much more than that for me. I really enjoy the laid back, relaxing atmosphere. It's a nice change of pace from the MK. We particularly like the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Nature Walks. These offer an escape from the crowds, and you can go at your own speed, and really take the time to enjoy the animals. There are times that I feel we are "alone" there, with nobody else around. Our kids loved the meerkats. The Safari is my favorite ride, I love that it is different each time. We went on it twice last time and saw many different animals on each trip. I've never understood how people say AK is a 1/2 day park, I feel you need to dedicate at least 2 full days to it in order to fully appreciate and experience it. Yet, we there is still so much we haven't gotten to thoroughly enjoy. I like the special areas-- like the bongo drums that overlook the beautiful view of the Tree of Life with lots of birds below. The kids had a blast playing the drums, and our oldest daughter really enjoyed watching the birds below. While all of the Parks will always have their unique lures, I highly recommend Animal Kingdom. Our family thoroughly enjoys the relaxing atmosphere of AK (did I mention that already ? ) In addition, I’d recommend families dine at Boma then soak in a night in a Savanna-View room at the Lodge—an experience we’ll never forget. Animal Kingdom is a true treasure.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

Post Thanks / Like

My family loves AK as well. Maybe it's just the time of year we visit (usually early December), but it always seems so much more serene than the other parks. So many little "nooks and crannies" where you feel like you are all alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I really like AK and they have just great shows and rides. The animals are just phenomenal to see and you cant see many other animals anywhere in the USA.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

I think MK is still my favorite park but AK is running a close 2nd. Lots of great things to do at AK (EE,KRR,safari,PEW,etc...) and we really enjoyed the new Nemo show. In my opinion, it's one of the best shows in any Disney park.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

I love AK!

Some of my favorite rides are there like Kali, and EE I also love Lion King!
    Coming Up: Boardwalk Villas - July '13!
    Contemporary Resort: '02, '04
    Beach Club Villas: '04, '06, '09
    Boardwalk Villas: '05, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Swan Resort: '07
    Villas at Wilderness Lodge: '08

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I forgot to mention in my post was the entertainers in Africa. They are great! My favorite in all of WDW. I could stand there and listen to them all day. Last time we were there, I couldn't seem to catch them in any of our trips to AK and I was so disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

The AK is not my favorite park but I still really like it.

I like Kali, Dinosaurs, EE and KS.

I enjoy going to Conservation Station. There are only a few people over there and you can see the animals. Last time they had a hedgehog out.

I like the animal trails. I really enjoy the tigers. I could spend hours watching them. It's a very relaxing stroll.

The only place we eat at if Flame Tree BBQ. It is one of our favorite CS.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

DH & I were totally blown away by AK. We were both completely enamored by the ambience and the peacefulness of the park. We stayed until closing of EMH and felt like we had the whole park to ourselves. We have an affinity for KS, on which I cried because I was so awed. My favorite memory of WDW is at AK where my DS (he was 18 mos at the time) was completely fascinated with the talking trash can. My dad is a bird nut, and I was skeptical of Flights. But seeing a bald eagle was pretty amazing.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too ! Me too! I looooove AK! The ambiance alone is enough to keep me wandering for hours. I spend half the time admiring the beautiful plants & flowers including the amazingly HUGE aloes! I cant tell you how many pics I have of my daughter in this park in front of some blooming bush or a bunch of complimentary folliage. Africa and Asia truly feel like you have walked into a different world. The detail to architecture is incredible to say the least. I also love the idea of Notazoo since Im a huge animal lover/conservationist and Ive never been a big "animal in cages" kind of person. Of course we love EE, Kali, Bugs Life and Safari! The rotisserie chix at Flametree BBQ is a must lunch everytime we go also! The shows are the best here IMO (to me only Little Mermaid rivals AK shows) and adding Nemo just put it over the top.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shucks

I sure do miss this park. The wife and I loved it when we were there but we were so enamored with the rides and scenery that we didn't give a lot of notice to the shows. We're going to have to go back sooner I think.

Honey, get the checkbook.
    I just made a clever comment on the interwebs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4fun View Post
    I sure do miss this park. The wife and I loved it when we were there but we were so enamored with the rides and scenery that we didn't give a lot of notice to the shows. We're going to have to go back sooner I think.

Honey, get the checkbook.
    how does january 2010 sound?
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW
    June 1995 All Star Sports
    June 2004 First Disneyland trip
    2005 - 2007 Disneyland AP Holder - visited at least once a week
    August 2007 Anaheim Plaza
    November 2007 Anaheim Plaza
    January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside
    January 2009 Anaheim Plaza

Post Thanks / Like

It's a neat park. There's so much that's new and fresh everytime. You can't program animals.

My favorite thing is to go to Rafiki's, and watch the veternarians work. Each day, they have scheduled procedures that you can watch. We saw a Cheetah get it's teeth cleaned, and all questions were welcomed, and answered. I'm surrounded by nurses in my family, so medical procedures are interesting to me.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

We visited AK when it was HOT and CROWDED. Still loved it! After a few days in the other parks, animatronics start to get old. It's really nice to go to a park where most of the stuff is REAL!

Devine, the Tusker Haus, the Tree of Life, the vegetation, the Safari Ride, Festival of the Lion King...we enjoyed them all tremendously.

People leaving in droves as we entered the park in the late afternoon for extra hours...our favorite part!
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

AK is my favorite park too! I agree with everything that has been said, but I want to add that I adore the ambient music around the park. It is my absolute favorite park music! I also really, really love the naked mole rats. They are just so funny!
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

yippee! so glad you started this post because I love AK! That being said, it did take me a while to find the love for AK. I love it though because i honestly think it is the most well themed park in WDW, but in a way that is not that noticable. I love EE, Safari, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King. I also think AK has some things that you wouldn't excpect to be that great but the end up being a dream come true like Flights of Wonder and Devine! Also, you just never know what your going to find at AK, the last time i was there one of the Gorillas was using his water dish as a HAT! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
    AK is my favorite park too! I agree with everything that has been said, but I want to add that I adore the ambient music around the park. It is my absolute favorite park music! I also really, really love the naked mole rats. They are just so funny!
    There was music! It was themed so well I didn't even notice it. This park just gets better and better.
    I just made a clever comment on the interwebs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love of Disney View Post
    It's been a few years since I have been there. What attractions would you recommend for a 23 month old? Thanks!!
    Sorry that nobody has answered your question yet. Our kids are older (DS13 & DD8), so I may not be qualified to give advice on what a 2 year old would like anymore, but here goes...

- Festival of the Lion King
    - Triceratops Spin (dinosaur version of dumbo)
    - New Nemo show
    - Safari ride (a little bumpy, but I think you'll be oK)
    - The Boneyard in Dinoland has a great play area with slides for little ones, etc.
    - Character greetings in Camp Minnie Mickey!
    - Jammin' Jungle Parade

But my best advice for both your child, and for the adults, is to take your time a see some of the animals in the Oasis area, Pangani Trail, and the Maharaja Jungle Trek. And, especially the hidden walking trails around the Tree of Life. You'll discover some wonderful areas, and it is incredibly relaxing.

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I do love this park! I love everything about it. Love all the animals, walking the trails, the bird show, the conservation station, all of it. My wife and I love to take our time and make a day out of it. We open to close it every time we go. Then we head to the Animal kingdom Lodge to eat dinner at the Boma.

But the most important thing about Animal Kingdom? It's where I asked my wife to marry me! Right in front of the Tree of Life. So it truly does hold a special place in my heart. That is when my life truly began.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: