Quantcast Looks like the Pats just lost! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    You know it's time to stop the Eli Bashing
    He not only lead his team to a championship but won the MVP in the process. Let's face it he played a solid game and drove his team down the field for the the winning touchdown pass.
    He did play a solid game. I didn't mean to bash but to comment on how cute and harmless he looked until he proved he had teeth. He called himself a Mama's Boy in the pregame interview.

But come on, there's plenty of Pats bashing going on and we've taken it all year, with much spirited debate. I haven't really seen anything close to Eli "bashing" in this thread, just a few good-natured comments followed by "good game."
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i am heartbroken . the game literally made me sick to my stomach. the giants d had a great game plan... but somebody forgot to tell the o-line that the game was last night. after watching every pats game this year i dont think its fair to say that they played a great game. they played awful. play calling was terrible. the d played good. but the offense stunk up the place. Giants derserved to win last night. Congratulations... but watch ya back next year haha

People thought the Patriots were angry this year... 2008 season here we come!
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

The rankings for the viewership came in today:

New Super Bowl Record = Super Bowl XLII - 97.5 million viewers
    Previous Super Bowl Record = Super Bowl XXX - 94.08 million viewers
    TV Show Record = M*A*S*H Finale - 106 million viewers

81% of all TV Sets in the Boston area were tuned to the game
    67% of all TV Sets in the New York area were tuned to the game

The audience peaked between 9:30 and 10 p.m. ET -- the fourth quarter -- with 105.7 million people watching, Nielsen said.

The Giants-Patriots game's actual rating (43.3 rating, 65 share) was the highest for any Super Bowl since 1997. That means 43 percent of the nation's TV sets were tuned in to the game, and 65 percent of the TV sets that were turned on were watching football.
    Second highest watched TV show ever
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Not being a full time fan of either, I appreciate a great game played by both teams.

Congratulations to the Giants and Eli Manning as well as to the Patriots on an outstanding year!
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

Along with the other million plus people I did not see that happening. Who would of thought a defensive game. It's about time the NFC won a Superbowl. As a life long Cowboys fan the AFC really looks like a superior conference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you all, cheaters never win. Billie B got what was coming to him, at the heartbreak expense of the die hard fans.
    THANK YOU! good game though.

anyone else relise that the confetti people probably just bought all red and blue confetti because no matter what, thats what they were using...

GO GIANTS!!
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    The rankings for the viewership came in today:

Second highest watched TV show ever

Don't suppose you would know, What the International viewing figures were?
    Kevin AKA Womble
    Disneyland Ca. 91-92 / Offsite 93-96-97-98-02-03-07 /
    Caribbean Beach 94-95-98 / All-star 99-01 / PO French Quater 00 / Coronado Springs 04 / PO Riverside 05-06

Post Thanks / Like

A little late here - but major kudos to my fellow GIANTS fans!!!!!!

The Giant in DisneyGiant - is for you know who - the two greatest loves of my life!!!!

The real reason why they won? I had my lucky shirt on - of course!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I may well be wrong but I think I’ve seen losing coaches walk across the field to shake hands with their counter parts while there had been enough time on the clock for a couple of plays.
    Womble, I just wanted to clear this up since noone mentioned it. The reason they had to play the play was due to the turn over. with it being 4th and 20 on the last play, the ball goes back to the giants with any time left on the clock when the pass hits the ground thus they need to run at least one play to signify the change of posession. If they were clock killing and had less than 1:20 on the clock on first down and the opposition has no time outs the game can end cause there will be no turn over and it is assumed that the team will just take a knee with the lead

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    You know it's time to stop the Eli Bashing
    He not only lead his team to a championship but won the MVP in the process. Let's face it he played a solid game and drove his team down the field for the the winning touchdown pass.
    not to bash eli, jeff because he did play a decent game but in all honesty the MVP should have gone to someone on the defense maybe wilson for knocking down the pats last 2 attempts or one of the guys on the line. Eli spent a vast majority of the game, save that last drive, squandering a whole lot of opportunities opened up to him by the defense. and in all honesty he owes david tyree a steak dinner because the kid played out of his mind.

I do hope he shows in the future the kind of presence he showed in that play. That is the kind of presence that should be shown by a player who has the guts to refuse to play for the team with the first pick in the draft before he ever hits the league.
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Don't suppose you would know, What the International viewing figures were?
    I haven't seen any world numbers yet. I'd assume it would take longer since it's the entire world instead of just North America.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

i am still on i told eveyone at work that manning would be the winning q.b back when the playoffs started. no one believed me. can't wait to hear what my co workers have to say now. congrats giants!!!!
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Epc0tphr34k View Post
    Womble, I just wanted to clear this up since noone mentioned it. The reason they had to play the play was due to the turn over. with it being 4th and 20 on the last play, the ball goes back to the giants with any time left on the clock when the pass hits the ground thus they need to run at least one play to signify the change of posession. If they were clock killing and had less than 1:20 on the clock on first down and the opposition has no time outs the game can end cause there will be no turn over and it is assumed that the team will just take a knee with the lead
    Thanks
    I think you are right about games I’ve seen where this has happened.
    No time outs and clock running, that does make sense.
    Kevin AKA Womble
    Disneyland Ca. 91-92 / Offsite 93-96-97-98-02-03-07 /
    Caribbean Beach 94-95-98 / All-star 99-01 / PO French Quater 00 / Coronado Springs 04 / PO Riverside 05-06

Post Thanks / Like

there are a few thingsI'm having a hard time with.
    1. That the pats lost
    2.That Bill would wear red and not grey
    and
    3. That my sister started this thread...shocking

the crack about the puppy bowl was cute not bashing I mean come on he's what 12 he looks sooo young. Again not bashing just stating he's young.
    Coreen

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: