Quantcast The Edison to Open in 2016 at Disney Springs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The Edison to Open in 2016 at Disney Springs

The Patina Restaurant Group has released a press release detailing The Edison. The new venue is slated to open in 2016 on the lots formerly occupied by the BET Soundstage and the Adventurer's Club.

The Edison to Open in 2016 at Disney Springs, at Walt Disney World Resort

The Florida venue will be themed to a 1920s-period electric company and recall an exuberant era of invention and imagination.

Patina Restaurant Group Press Release
    June 09, 2015

New York, NY --Patina Restaurant Group and Kinetescape’s Andrew Meieran announce that they will open The Edison, a lavish “Industrial Gothic” -style restaurant, bar and nighttime destination at the new Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort. Famous for exceptionally good classic American food, craft cocktails and live entertainment including cabaret and music, The Edison is inspired by its sister location in Los Angeles and set in a historic power plant.

The Edison is dedicated to a resurgence of old world-style sophistication and romance. The Florida venue will be themed to a 1920s-period electric company and recall an exuberant era of invention and imagination. Featuring 35-foot ceilings and a range of themed areas to explore, The Edison will have The Lab performance space, The Ember Parlour, Telegraph Lounge, The Patent Office, The Tesla Lounge, The Radio Room, Waterfront Patio and more. Entertainment will include contortionists, palm readers, DJs and more. Andrew Meieran’s vision and designs will be executed by Gensler Architects.

The Edison joins a growing family of new additions to Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is currently undergoing the largest expansion in its history, to be renamed and re-imagined as Disney Springs, an exciting new waterfront district for shopping, dining and entertainment. The Landing, one of four neighborhoods planned for Disney Springs, will welcome The Edison in 2016.

“We are delighted to bring this extraordinary destination to the new Disney Springs,” said Nick Valenti, restaurateur and CEO of Patina Restaurant Group.

For dining reservations and more information about The Edison, guests will be able to visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining in the future.

About Patina Restaurant Group

Patina Restaurant Group (http://www.patinagroup.com) is a bicoastal boutique company and leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry. In New York, its portfolio features the Michelin-starred Lincoln Ristorante, STATE Grill and Bar at the Empire State Building, Stella 34 Trattoria at Macy’s Herald Square, The Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center, Brasserie, Brasserie 8 1/2, The Grand Tier Restaurant at the Metropolitan Opera, La Fonda Del Sol at Grand Central, and The Rink at Rockefeller Center. Other East Coast properties include Tutto Italia Ristorante and Via Napoli at the Epcot World Showcase in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. On the West Coast its portfolio includes the renowned Los Angeles Times’ four-starred and Michelin-starred Patina Restaurant in Walt Disney Concert Hall, Café Pinot, Ray’s & Stark Bar, Catal and Naples in Anaheim’s Downtown Disney District, Leatherby’s Cafe Rouge, and catering and food service in museums and cultural centers throughout California.

Inspired by The Edison in LA

The Edison sits inside the historic Higgins Building in downtown Los Angeles and was designed and created by Andrew Meieran in February 2007. An AIA award winner, The Edison has won global recognition and design awards nationally and internationally, including being repeatedly named one of the world’s top 20 bars in GQ, Esquire, Condé Nast Traveler and The Los Angeles Times. The Edison has been featured in many other renowned publications, television programs and films for its unique visionary design, has been the winner of the Zagat Guide’s Best Design Category, and has been named the best bar/lounge in Los Angeles every year since it opened.

About Disney Springs

Representing the largest expansion in Downtown Disney history, Disney Springs will be a one-of-a-kind Disney experience, treating guests by day and night to great dining, shopping and entertainment amid beautiful open-air promenades, flowing springs and waterfront charm. With an air of sophisticated grace and design that harkens to Florida’s waterfront towns at the turn-of-the-century, Disney Springs will be home to four distinct, outdoor neighborhoods opening in phases: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace and West Side. The Landing, as the first of the four neighborhoods and home to unique and memorable dining experiences, is opening spring 2015.

When fully completed in 2016, Disney Springs will double the number of shopping, dining and entertainment venues – from the current 70 to approximately 150.

Disney Springs is part of Walt Disney World Resort, the number one family vacation destination in the world, located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The concept sounds very intriguing. If they can pull it off and sustain the same quality over the long term...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna put this one in the positive category as well. Of all the restaurant announcements recently, this would be the one I am most excited about - combining entertainment with dining. Looks attractive as well.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

RunICOT is in 2016... Hopefully the early 2016 open date falls there.

Post Thanks / Like

Color me intrigued as well.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of the Patina Restaurant Group's offerings in New York City, as well as liking Via Napoli (I am trying Tutto Italia on my trip in November). I am anxious to try this new offering.

I am actually excited for many of the new dining offerings at Disney Springs. I know many would rather hear about new ride attractions, but the focus of Downtown Disney/Disney Springs has been towards dining and shopping, with the exception of when there was Pleasure Island. I also like that that the offerings are more high end. I have eaten at all of the Disney signature restaurants more than once (except V & A's) so I am anxious to have new places to try.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I am actually excited for many of the new dining offerings at Disney Springs. I know many would rather hear about new ride attractions, but the focus of Downtown Disney/Disney Springs has been towards dining and shopping, with the exception of when there was Pleasure Island. I also like that that the offerings are more high end. I have eaten at all of the Disney signature restaurants more than once (except V & A's) so I am anxious to have new places to try.
    I'm very excited about the whole new concept of Disney Springs as well. Very excited. In fact, I'm looking forward to booking a stay at Saratoga Springs when all is finished and enjoying it a guest at that resort. And the Edison looks like a great addition.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it. It will be fun for another girl's night out!

Post Thanks / Like

" Eater LA notes that The Edison in Florida will be quite similar to its sister location in Los Angeles. As for the menu, the restaurant will serve classic American food and craft cocktails. For entertainment, there will be live music, cabaret performances, contortionists, palm readers, and DJs. The Edison is a bit saucier than other venues at Disney Springs and definitely not child friendly. "
    Honestly it seems a better fit for Universal. but maybe this is a good direction for Disney to add some adult entertainment, since Pleasure Island is no longer an option.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    Honestly it seems a better fit for Universal. but maybe this is a good direction for Disney to add some adult entertainment, since Pleasure Island is no longer an option.

Seems a little more adventurers club-ish in the form of something for adults to do. I think that's needed.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I so regret never having tried The Adventurers Club. Anytime I hear something may resemble it in any form, my interest is piqued.

Now that my kids are getting older, I can see my husband and me spending more dining time at DTD.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: