Quantcast Magic Kingdom Resort & Express Monorail Lines Daily Closures Starting 3/2/12

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Magic Kingdom Resort & Express Monorail Lines Daily Closures Starting 3/2/12

Effective March 2, 2012; the Magic Kingdom Resort & Express Monorail lines will not be operating from 11:30 am through 6:00 pm daily.

The daily closures are expected to last 4 weeks; however, an end date has not yet been announced.

The daily closures are due to on-going construction on the Disney Vacation Club wing of the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! Now you'll see the complaints from the MK Resorts crowd!!

Seriously, maybe they can take this time to work on the beams/electrical/etc. as well.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! This makes the extra cost of a monorail resort so not worth it IMHO!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they are offering huge discounts for the monorail resorts
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    I'd venture to say, no way...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be pretty upset if I were staying in a Monorail Resort during this time period especially the Polly. The GF and Contemporary are at least walkable to the MK.

The Monorail is such a huge draw for those Resorts. I feel bad for folks who are staying in one for the first time, probably all excited, and then find out about this.

You have to understand it probably is unavoidable due to the new construction, but I agree the Monorail resorts should be discounted for the time period they are affected, or make up for it some other way.

At least it will be running first thing in the AM and then again at night.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Id be upset about this if i stayed at one of these resorts..but, with all the issues the monorail has had lately, this is probably a good thing.

This needs to happen every now and then.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    They'll only offer discounts if people cancel their ressies and they can't fill the rooms, since they'll still be running the boats and buses as "free" transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    Id be upset about this if i stayed at one of these resorts..but, with all the issues the monorail has had lately, this is probably a good thing.

This needs to happen every now and then.
    I understood this to mean that the outages are because of the DVC construction, not for monorail upgrades.

I think the timing of this, meaning no advance notice at all, kind of stinks for guests. They should have at least let people know in advance so they could have decided whether it was an issue in their vacation plans.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Effective March 2, 2012; the Magic Kingdom Resort & Express Monorail lines will not be operating from 11:30 am through 6:00 pm daily.

The daily closures are expected to last 4 weeks; however, an end date has not yet been announced.

The daily closures are due to on-going construction on the Disney Vacation Club wing of the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
    I wonder if they will be running the monorails during all the MK extra magic hours now, seeing as how the trains will be getting some down time from these daily closures and won't need as much maintenance.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    The GF and Contemporary are at least walkable to the MK.
    Can't walk to MK from the GrandFlo, at least that I know of. There's a canal between the MK Monorail station and GrandFlo that's used for the Electrical Water Pageant floats, and last I knew, there wasn't a bridge crossing that canal. The walkway from MK just leads to a dead-end at the canal past the Monorail station.

At least there's water transportation between the resorts and the park (the launches).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

No advance notice on this. We just got a knock on the door with a printed msg about this & a "sorry fir any inconvienance" this morning. It was fairly disorganized yesterday and already seems headed in the same direction today. Many CM's dont seem to know anything about this or how to direct guests.
    And, no the monorail did not run during extra magic hours last night.
    All this makes you wonder if paying extra for a monorail resort is really worth it.
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emerzmom View Post
    No advance notice on this. We just got a knock on the door with a printed msg about this & a "sorry fir any inconvienance" this morning. It was fairly disorganized yesterday and already seems headed in the same direction today. Many CM's dont seem to know anything about this or how to direct guests.
    And, no the monorail did not run during extra magic hours last night.
    All this makes you wonder if paying extra for a monorail resort is really worth it.
    Wow Thanks for updating on this! I was wondering if maybe only people that booked at these resorts were informed about this ahead of time. As you have reported this was not the case and that is just terrible and in very poor taste.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who is there, have you seen Disney using the new buses they were testing and training on last week??? I'm wondering if they are really going to use these now or if maybe they are waiting since spring crowds will be picking up soon...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    For anyone who is there, have you seen Disney using the new buses they were testing and training on last week??? I'm wondering if they are really going to use these now or if maybe they are waiting since spring crowds will be picking up soon...
    Just spent 5 days there and saw 0 of those buses anywhere.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I do understand construction and maintenance is necessary but I would be absolutely livid if i did not have some sort of warning when booking my vacation. the whole reason we plan on staying at poly in a couple years is b/c we want the monorail resort luxury. omg I would be so MAD! Especially since those places are SO NOT CHEAP.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Just spent 5 days there and saw 0 of those buses anywhere.
    Thanks!!!

How about an extra ferry?? I read they MAY use an extra ferry during this time...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

If I was staying at a monorail resort and this happened to us with no advance warning at all, I wouldn't be leaving the manager's office until I got a room elsewhere and a refund of the difference between what I paid for my "deluxe monorail resort" and wherever they put me up.

That's ridiculous to pull this with no warning at all.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is very unfair to guests who made their reservations months and months ago. Disney uses the monorail as a huge perk in its marketing efforts and now these people are having the rug pulled out from under them with no advance warning. Talk about inconsiderate and not giving thought. It's too bad that the CM's, who are wonderful and extremely helpful, are going to have to bear the brunt of customer complaints while the high-and-mighty Disney execs are hiding behind their office doors counting their money and laughing all the way to the bank. They should be ashamed of themselves. If they had any guts, they'd work a couple of shifts at one of the monorail stops and meet their customers face to face. The only way guests are going to get Disney's attention is by NOT staying at the monorail resorts. I hope a lot of people demand some kind of refund, because Disney is not delivering on what it promised.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you something else about that construction that was nearly a disaster for us and is a disaster for others right now. If we were getting married now at the Disney Wedding Pavilion, there would be hell to pay. The place looks horrible now compared to when we were there. Imagine big construction equipment driving by as your wedding party is pulling in. Yeah. I saw it happening with my own eyes to people last week.

SOOOOOOOO thankful the construction was delayed till after our day.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Can't walk to MK from the GrandFlo, at least that I know of. There's a canal between the MK Monorail station and GrandFlo that's used for the Electrical Water Pageant floats, and last I knew, there wasn't a bridge crossing that canal. The walkway from MK just leads to a dead-end at the canal past the Monorail station.

At least there's water transportation between the resorts and the park (the launches).
    Thanks for clarifying, I have never stayed at the GF, I just figured being so close there was a walkway. I guess that's what I get for assuming.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: