Quantcast Tinker Bell Introduces Guests to Her Fairy Friends

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tinker Bell Introduces Guests to Her Fairy Friends

To celebrate the animated film “Tinker Bell,” Disney’s most famous fairy and four of her best friends are featured in a meet-and-greet experience in Mickey’s Toontown Fair at Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

To meet Tinker Bell and her fairy friends, guests enter a magical forest called “Pixie Hollow,” a special place deep in the heart of Never Land.

Tinker Bell, made famous in the 1953 Disney animated classic “Peter Pan,” for her “hostess” role in Disney television specials and for “flying” above the Disney theme parks, is joined inside Pixie Hollow by four fairy friends: Fawn, an animal fairy; Iridessa, a light fairy; Rosetta, a garden fairy; and Silvermist, a water fairy.

In addition to meeting the Fairies at Magic Kingdom, guests can learn more about the Disney Fairies at www.disneyfairies.com.

And if Tinker Bell doesn’t “ring a bell” or jog a memory, here are some “fun fairy facts” about the sprightly pixie:

Tinker Bell debuted at Walt Disney World Resort in 1971, as the classic attraction Peter Pan’s Flight opened in Fantasyland. The beloved attraction immerses guests in the “Peter Pan” story as passengers board flying pirate ships bound for Never Land.

Tinker Bell began “flying” from high atop Cinderella Castle in 1985. Since then, she has taken her flight thousands of times to light the sky with magical fireworks.

Tinker Bell made her Walt Disney World parade debut in 2007. She made that premiere appearance atop a float in “Disney’s Enchanted Adventures Parade,” an entertainment extravaganza during Disney’s Pirate and Princess Party.

Tinker Bell merchandise continually ranks among the top sellers of character-based merchandise at Walt Disney World Resort.

Tinker Bell (center) is joined inside Pixie Hollow by four fairy friends: Iridessa (left), a light fairy; Rosetta (second from left), a garden fairy; Silvermist (second from right), a water fairy; and Fawn (right), an animal fairy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sure Pixie Hollow would be ready for our Nov. trip. This is great news. Count us as two more people who will be in line for this character meet-n-greet!!! My daughter will be so thrilled!
    ºOº KATHY, addicted since 1989 ºOº

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

My DDs are going to be so excited to be able to meet Tink and the Fairies!! I didn't think it would be open for our end of Oct trip either!! What a great surprise!!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, this is great news for us as well (down at the end of Oct). My eldest DD is fairy-crazy (OK, and I like reading the books too ), so now the only question is do I try to keep this a surprise, or tell her now. I love having problems like that. Anyone know where "Pixie Hollow" has been constructed? Maybe an expansion into 20,000 Leagues area?

--
    Brian Davis

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

It's in the third room at Toontown Fair's Hall of Fame.

And I must say, it's looking amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they will be doing AP previews for this before the 24th?? I am leaving the world on the 22nd and I may not be back for quite a while.......just wondering if there is any chance of me meeting Tink before I leave.

Two Mountains , QC (2385 km from DisneyWorld)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i'am sure DD will love to meet the Fairies,
    but DW !!! She's gonna be THRILLED to finally meet her favorite character of all: Tinker Bell

I am sure we'll have to wait, even if it takes a long time...

Buzz

PS : Great picture ! I am curious to know were it's from ?
    The secret of tomorrow is to live your dreams today

96 - Off site
    97 - All star sports football
    99 - All star movies dalmatians
    03 - Disney magic western
    07 - All star sports football + MNSSHP
    08 - Pop Century 70's + MVMCP
    10 - Pop Century 70's
    11 - Pop Century ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default any chances of a soft opening

What are the chances there will be a soft opening? We're planning to leave on the 22nd as well and my daughter would LOVE to meet Tinkerbell.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be in line waiting for the fairies . . . probably without the hubby and boys as it will NOT be a priority for them. But I have a Tink tattoo so it's what I'll be looking forward to the most next month.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am now even MORE excited for our Disney trip in February! As a girl who collects fairies and LOVES Tinkerbell this is a dream for me! I finally get to meet Tink! Of course I have 2 boys but DH and the boys will have to come with me.
    81' offsite
    88' offsite
    93' offsite
    97' offsite
    99' offsite
    03' offsite
    05' POFQ
    Dec 06' CSR
    Feb 09' POR
    next trip....
    January 2011 CBR! Pirate Room!

Post Thanks / Like

Any rumors of a character meal with them???
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

We are so excited about this addition to the character greetings and my DD/4 will be thrilled. LIke another poster, don't know if we should keep it a surprise or not. I am so glad this is posted today as I have a couple of questions and then a "gripe."

We read earlier that opening day of the Fairy meet/greet was going to be on Oct. 26, can someone please confirm? I certainly hope so, as we depart from our Oct. trip that day and we changed our flight from a morning departure to an afternoon departure so we could meet/greet. .

Also, why is this movie only going to DVD. They have been hyping it for almost a year and a half and we were so excited to go and actually take our DD to the movie theater - an event - and now we find it is only going to DVD. There seems to be a big draw, I am surprised that it is not theater worthy.

Finally, can someone help me with my confusion over the Disney Fairies franchise? My DD has been interested in the Fairies since we watched the trailer almost a year ago. Since then, we have bought Fairies books, figurines, dolls - the whole lot - and she has so enjoyed them. My confusion comes in around what Fairies go with what storyline etc. It is so fun that they have all the different Fairies and their associated talents (why no music or dance talent fairies?) but there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the storylines or the merchandising/mkting.

When we first started out with the Fairies, we learned of Tink, Beck, Silvermist, Rosetta, Irisdessa, Lily, Fira, Bess, Rani, Vidia, and Prilla. We then got a book and learned of Dulcie and Ginger (baking talent fairies) and so on. Each book or character set we get does not seem to include all the Fairies, just a couple and there doesn't seem to be any logic put behind the choosing - so that you can get to know them all better etc. Also, For the past couple of months it seems that the stories have only been focusing on Tink, Iridessa, Fawn, Silvermist and Rosetta - where are Rani, Lily, Beck and so on.

Also in regards to the dolls, you can only get a couple of the Fairies (the "core" group, I mentioned above) and they are different styles, molds. One is a two inch, one is a six inch, some have wings, some don't, some have these huge heads, some are like Barbies. All different based on where you go - Walmart, Disneystore, Target or online.

Finally, we just got a Fairies coloring book and it is a completely different storyline with Fairy Mary, Cronk and Crunkle (???) AND Tink has her hair down in the coloring book. Call me old school but Tink does NOT have her hair down - ever. I am all for the Fairies coming to the World but is nothing sacred? Tink has her hair up, should only be seen in the MNSSHP parade and coming off the castle during the fireworks. If not for my DD, I would really be upset that they did not keep Tink in that magical - mystical (never really see her) - tradition.

Okay, so my mini rant is over and in summary, I just feel ike Disney is being a bit willy-nilly or all over the place with this franchise. If someone could confirm the meet/greet dates and has any insight onto the storylines that would be very helpful. Now that I have this out of my system, I can get excited.

WDW/Boardwalk here we come 10/17/08 !!!
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

my daughter is going to love this. It is always fun to find characters that are not the norm. Mickey, Goofy and the rest of the Fab Five along with the Princesses is always fun, but we love finding others. We once found FroZone, my children were over the moon.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait. My DD is going to be so ecstatic to see them. We chose the Tinkerbell route because too many Princesses. After that decision, I heard about the movie. Her bedroom is all Tinkerbell. We will have the movie on Oct. 28th.

As cute as those Fairies are, I may have to get my picture taken as well.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tinkerbell

hello, when does this start ? we leave oct 3rd for our 9 day trip . my DD loves tink. we have a tink bedroom, bathroom, cat named pixie, etc,etc. vi have read and read and could not find a start date did I miss it somewhere. thanks. T.T.F.N
    Keep a Weather eye on the Horizon

Post Thanks / Like

While this is great for those visiting with little girls, I am very anxious for Disney to put some added focus on the boys!! With WDW currently offering not one, but two princess meals (three if you count the Cinderella dinner at GF), I would love to see Disney offer a character meal geared more towards boys. They could easily have one that includes the Incredibles, Toy Story characters, etc. Perhaps even a meal at MK with Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Aladdin, and ??? Our DS is only 20 months old, so maybe by the time he is a bit older something like this will be in existence!

Post Thanks / Like

We head home the evening of the 24th, so we will definitely be at the MK for rope drop that day!

A soft opening or preview for AP holders would be awesome!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Do we know how long the fairies are going to be doing their meet and greets?

My niece will love meeting them but we aren't going back until MaY.
    1993-Off-site
    1995/1996-Caribbean Beach
    1997-Dixie Landing
    1998-Caribbean Beach
    1999-Coronado Springs
    2000-Grosvenor
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Caribbean Beach
    2005-POP/Coronado Springs
    2006/2007-POP
    2008/2009-Riverside
    2010 - Beach Club
    2011 - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see them!!

Quote Originally Posted by scootch713 View Post
    Any rumors of a character meal with them???
    Probably not
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

We are leaving next week for our trip to the most magical place on earth. I hope they have a sneak peek at this so my daughter, age 6, can meet Tink. That would be the highlight of her trip...even more so than the Hannah Montana makeover!

Crystal

March 97: off property
    April 00: All Star Sports
    May 02: CB
    Nov 02: Port Orleans Riverside
    March 04: Pop Century
    July 05: POR
    Dec 05: POR
    July 06: POR
    Became DVC members
    March 07: Disney Cruise
    Oct 07, Oct 08: Saratoga Springs