Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
Do you walk a lot during your regular life? If not, it's tough for anyone if they go from not walking at all to walking 4-8 miles a day and so the best thing is to be walking several miles a day for weeks before the vacation. 30 minutes in the morning, 15 minutes at lunch, 30 minutes after dinner, they all add up.

If you are already very active on your feet and it only happens at Disney, maybe it's the humidity causing your feet to sweat? Or do you wear different shoes than what you wear in your everyday life?
This is most likely the answer to your problems. If you don't walk much, your feet do not have callouses built up to take all the walking. So walking regularly would solve most of the problems you are having.

The other important things are to wear good socks meant for activity, working or athletics. They are thicker and cushioned. They do two things: Absorb moisture and create a barrier between your feet and your shoes so there isn't all that friction between them. One of the most important things is to wear good quality, properly fitting shoes. If your shoes are moving/sliding on your feet, it creates friction which pulls on your skin on your feet resulting in blisters. Good running/jogging type shoes are great just find some that fit your feet well and do not slide back and forth as you walk.

This will sound crazy to anyone that has never had any but some of the best shoes for being on your feet all day and moving around a lot are actually high quality work boots. I know you won't wear work boots to WDW but I wear them every day and I am on my feet running around and getting in and out of my truck and my feet never hurt or get blisters. I used to have problems with my feet hurting before I started wearing good work boots every day. They are so comfortable, I don't even take them off when I get home. I usually wear them up until I am about to go to bed because it is like wearing soft slippers all day long and feels better than walking barefoot on hardwood floors. My point is if you are wearing the proper shoes and then fit right, you will immediately notice the difference.

Find you a pair of good shoes, break them in and only wear them occasionally and use them mostly as your WDW shoes for a few years. I have a pair of really good under armour running shoes that I have had for about 4 years that I take to WDW. I tried on numerous pairs of shoes including all the well know athletic brands and the under armour fit the best and were the most comfortable.