Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sIrishPAl View Post
Kids get the free pass to the head of the curb. Parents stand beside or behind me or in some circumstances if they have really little ones that need closely monitored I will insist that they stay close to their toddlers. My son is older and loves kids and has been known to "babysit" smaller ones that we let sit in front of us on the curb. The parades are for the kiddies and as long as I have an eye on my children and am assured that my son is keeping an eye out for others' little ones (with their parents' permission, I don't care who stands in front of me (child-wise). I wil go out of my way to ensure that there is no child that can't see the parade and I have also left myself open to abuse by parents who felt that they had a free pass to stand in front of me. I just politley remind them that my charity was for the children and not to make the view better for them (parents). Never been met with confrontation, rather more appreciation than anything.
You have a wonderful attitude. Wish I could buy you a or the beverage of your choice.