Quantcast Tropical Storms Bonnie and Charley - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably major delays, but if all goes as planned, the storm will hit tonight, have some servere weather tomorrow and then it should go back to semi-normal...right? Or was that just wishful thinking??
    From what I'm learning airlines might be back on track.

Having been through several Hurricanes in my life I think the biggest concern right now is the clean up. Clean up after a major hurricane can take weeks, that includes restoring power. I know Disney is wonderful with this type of thing but I'm having a hard time thinking that if they get hit with a full blown hurricane that they're going to be up and running quickly-that's a HUGE undertaking.

We leave on Monday so I too am doing a lot of wishful thinking so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Most importantly I hope everyone who is there is ok. This is a big one.
    1974-off site w/mom, dad and family
    1999-All Star Movies
    2001-All Star Movies
    2002-Port Orlean Riverside
    2003-Contemporary
    2004-Wilderness Lodge
    Coming soon-Feb 2007 FW Cabins!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Honey-4-Pooh:
    I know that the powers at be might erase this ... but it's worth a shot. If anyone wants a 10 minute delay snapshot of EPCOT/BEACH CLUB area then go here:

http://www.aws.com/wxcomm/commercial...id=LKBNV&siz=l

This is the link to Swan & Dolphins Webcam atop their roof. Watching it all day ... it's pretty scary. Best wishes and hopes for everyone down in Orlando and surrounding areas right now.
    I've been keeping an eye on the Web cam as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

My sister-in-law arrived last night and here is the report I got through another sister-in-law via e-mail (follow that?):

They were asked not to use up
    too much cell phone time as "they" (?) wanted to make sure that there were enough
    lines etc. Their flight was uneventful. But as they approached Orlando, they were notified that there was a tornado not far from where they're staying. That went through without an incident to their hotel.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all in the area.
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

It's beginning to look like the worst of Charley will pass a bit to the south of WDW, which is better news for the resort area. I keep hoping it won't be too bad...my sister lives in Celebration.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

We were flying out tonight at 6:30 from Cincinnati headed for Tampa and WDW for the weekend. I still can't believe this happened. We've planned for months. It was just for the weekend. So..... our flight was cancelled and of course now we're staying here. I'm sure that this story will be repeated thousands of times this weekend. Wishing the best for others who are just like us Disney fans. Hope that all the staff and the Happiest Place On Earth survive the storm.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband is one of the dreaded insurance adjusters. He is on call now and will probably be heading to Florida soon. However reports are that SC and NC will be hit as well. We live in NC. He is on stand by to go tomorrow or Sunday so that he may be ready to report for duty.
    I hope all of you that are currently there or on your way will be careful. Do not take any chance for any reason. I love WDW but nothing is worth your safety.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Jacksonville we have been having some severe weather.
    I'm sure everyone saw the tornado on the weather channel last night. That was from Bonnie. Today we may have had another one around I-95 and I-10, even if it wasn't it sure sounded like it was.
    Just recently we just had a bad cell come through. The weathermen still say we are going to get some high winds and 3-6 inches of rain, it sounds like Jax may not get the worst,unless Charley decides to head north.
    We were also told the Navy sent the ships out of Mayport base as a precaution.
    I have relatives in North Fort Myers and am waiting for good news especially after seeing some of the damage.
    I hope everyone in the way of Charley will be allright.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

stay safe everyone. My thoughts are with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if im supposed to post links but this site has some scarey pictures of the storm aproching orlando.

http://www.wesh.com/index.html#

look at the slide show of viewer pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that first picture in the slideshow mentioned in the above link looks like something out of Independence Day! How ominous.

My parents are about 50 miles N-NW of Orlando, my sister and her family are in Merritt Island, and my aunt & uncle and other extended family are in Indialantic, so I am worried about all of them (mostly my parents!).

My thoughts are with everyone in the path of the storm. Stay safe!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the latest news story:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...pecialbreaking
    It indicates Orlando could be in the center of the bullseye. The storm is down to a category 3 but still a serious storm.
    Take cover, be safe and if possible let us know that everyone is ok.
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

It has been quiet outside for awhile. But now that the eye of the storm is just two hours away, the winds are picking up - maybe 25 mph. In the next two hours the wind velocity will increase and we will begin to get the heavy rain. So far, Charley is still on track to cross Orlando. The eye may pass a bit to the west. Winds in this area are now expected to be 80 to 100 mph.

I'll give updates as long as I have electricity.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron. But as much as we would love updates, we would rather you be safe.
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Long Island, New York- studying in DC at GWU
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by MauiMouse:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Honey-4-Pooh:
    I know that the powers at be might erase this ... but it's worth a shot. If anyone wants a 10 minute delay snapshot of EPCOT/BEACH CLUB area then go here:

http://www.aws.com/wxcomm/commercial...id=LKBNV&siz=l

This is the link to Swan & Dolphins Webcam atop their roof. Watching it all day ... it's pretty scary. Best wishes and hopes for everyone down in Orlando and surrounding areas right now.
    I've been keeping an eye on the Web cam as well. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]I 've been watching it too! [img]smile.gif[/img] It is getting quite dark now
    (I wanted a name change. You can now find me as: ImagiAsh) șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by divinedi:
    We don't get these types of storms in Canada, but I sympathize with all of you. Of course we hope that none of your vacations will be ruined, but more importantly, we wish you, those vacationing and those who live in it's path, a very safe time of it, be careful everyone, our thoughts are with you. Pixie dust on all that come in contact with the storm!!
    We live in Nova Scotia Canada and last September 29th, 2003. We had a category 3 Hurricane hit us and closed things down for days.I know how you feel it was a really scary night.When we got up the next morning there was debris all over the ground,tree's were knocked over,power poles were pushed over by the wind there was more water on the ground and had flooded homes and stores. best wishes to every one hope you stay safe..

[ August 13, 2004, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: disneyjoe ]
    Upcoming Trip:
    Jan 09 CSR Christmas Day Surprise
    Previous:
    Jan 08 CBR
    July 06 CBR
    Jan. 05 CBR
    Feb. 04 POR
    Jan. 01 CBR
    Jan. 00 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with all of our Intercot family and WDW employees and guests. God Bless you and Keep you all!!

Ironically, they have on the Travel Channel right now, the Magic of WDW.

[ August 13, 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: kelley635815 ]
    "Everybody's got a laughing place. The trouble is, most folks won't take the time to look for it." <br />Uncle Remus -- Song of the South

Post Thanks / Like

Getting pretty hairy right now, but we've still got power.... very windy, heavy rain flying sideways... but all in all, the area is surviving quite well.
    ________
    buy iolite vaporizer
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's here. Charley is knocking on my door. High winds and heavy rain. I can hear trees behind my apartment complex snapping in half. Wind speed at the center of the storm is currently 103 mph. Tornados are being spawned just ahead of the eye. The track still appears to be across Disney and the city of Orlando along I-4.

My electricity is dimming occasionally. I'm going to shut down so I don't hurt my computer.

I'll see you all on the other side.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

The picture on the weathernet site is scary dark. We hope that everyone there is safe and that the storm passes with as little damage as possible. Please take care everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my big mouth. Power's out.

See y'all later.
    ________
    Harley-Davidson S-125
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: