Quantcast First time Cruiser....Some Questions........PLEASE

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

1) Can we use Disney dollars to pay our on board charges at the end of our Cruise or will they automatically charge our credit card?

2) Is a Spa Visit on Board really that nice and not to be missed?

3) Are shore excursion charges put on our on board credit/charge?

4) When we port, can we stay on the ship or do we have to get off. If we get off, can we go back as soon as we want?

5) Sorry for all the questions..........Thanks! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Disney Dollars on a cruise? I don't know; we've never used them. I didn't see any, but I wasn't watching for them either. Best to call DCL and ask.

Everything that you do extra while on board gets charged to your room, and that includes shore excursions, since you book them either ahead of time or on board. Of course meals ashore that aren't part of a package, souveniers, etc. that you buy off the ship must be paid for on the spot.

While in port you can come and go as you please. You don't have to get off the boat if you don't want to (hint: at Castaway Cay, you want to). You do have to watch your time and get back by the deadline they tell you. Also, keep track of your citizenship papers and photo id while you're ashore since you have to show them and your room keycard to get back on board.

The spa depends on if you like massage and body-work. I'm a big fan, so I really enjoyed it in a private cabana on Castaway Cay. The whole thing is strictly professional massage therapy, no "massage parlors" here [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] They DO have some interesting options for couples that you might want to check out.

We really enjoyed our cruise last June. We were there with our DS10 and did a 4/3 land/sea. Let me know if I can answer any other questions. And of course, other Intercot denizens will be along any minute to help out too.

Stitchfan [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    "Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.". . .

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed on the Wonder when we went to Nassau and had a nice day. Lots to do on ship (movies, shows and swimming). Plus the weather was gorgeous so we just enjoyed being out in the sunshine.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. Any shore excursions will be charged to your room card, which is automatically charged to your credit card at the end of the trip. In Nassau we went on the Blue Lagoon excursion and swam with the dolphins (well, we didn't really swim with them, although you can pay lots extra to do that if you want to), but we did get to get into the water with them, play with them and feed them. It was a wonderful experience for my 7 year old son. Also, you do not have to get off of the ship, and if you do, you can re-board any time you want to. I never used the spa, so I can't answer that question, but I'm sure it's very nice. Have a great time!

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

Exclamation

As stitchfan said, and I cannot stress this enough, you MUST get back to the ship ontime. It will not wait for you, and people have indeed been left behind to fend for themselves on how to get back to the ship. The crew will be aware that you're not there, because you use your card key to come and go from the ship and keep track of you that way, but they have to stick to their itinerary and must leave when it's time.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Dollars may be used to pay on your stateroom bill. You need to go to Guest Services before the last day to apply your Disney Dollars to your bill. On the disembarkation morning, your room charges will be billed to your credit card if that is your chosen method of payment.
    Ron :)

Post Thanks / Like

The Vista Spa is REALLY that good. Go there as soon as you get on the boat, if you don't hit PALO's first!
    DisneyRoe <3

Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Fall '04 - Space Mountain Operations

Disney PR Professional Intern
    Spring 2008 - Celebration, FL

DVC Spring '08

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen-- and it all starts with a wish!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: