Quantcast DeVine at Animal Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Has anyone ever seen a walkaround at AK called DeVine? I've seen a mention of this on another website. Evidently its a person that is 'in disguise' as a vine. And unless you catch her in transit or blinking, you may never know she's there. She blends in to the other vegetation and surroundings there. Anyone caught a glimpse of her before and if so, any tips on where I may find her?
    1987 - Offsite
    1998 - Boardwalk Villas
    1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
    1999 - All Star Music
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This isnt exactly what you asked, but I have seen her at Disneys California Adventure. The first time I saw her she really scared me! I saw her walkingt around, and then she went up to this bench thing and like sprawled herself all over it. I was like ohmigosh! Kind of cool though. Not exactly run of the mill. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

yup, i have seen her many times, you can find her on the road that goes from Asia to Africa (Africa to Asia, same thing)(Over the Asian Bridge, take a left and Walk past "Flights Of Wonder", right past the smoking area./Over African Bridge take a right..ect) It is a great walk because this road is the best spot to view the tree of life, Devine is normally right were you can have a CM take your picure in front of the tree.
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

She can be found in Asia for a Meet & Greet. DisneyTeen nailed the location.

She does 45 minute sets at 10:00 & 11:00 a.m., 12:00 & 1:00 p.m. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also -

When you tour the Oasis keep an eye out for Wes Palm. He's a "live" palm tree - who also makes appearances throughout the day.
    Presently at 8:15, 9:15, 10:15 & 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, DeVine is amazing to watch. Very tall (on stilts), slender, green face and covered with leaves and stringy vines. She stands motionless for awhile, then glides slowly from one spot to another. Guests often don't notice her until a crowd forms.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

We saw 'her' last Sunday for the 1st time as we headed towards the secret walkway (that we later found 'gone') in front of the big door as you head towards Asia from Africa. There was a crowd, then I noticed her and remembered the discussion about her, here. Tasha didn't really know what to think and wanted to move on, but I got some video of 'her'.
    I'd rather be@Walt Disney World :)<br />'04<br />&gt;12/17-24@AS:S,MVMCP<br />&gt;12/3-5@AS:S,MVMCP<br />10/22-24@PC,MNSSHP<br />10/8-10@AS:S,MNSSHP<br />8/1-6,9/10@DoI:N,9/11-12,9/26@DoI:BB<br />7/16-19@PC<br />7/2-5@AS:Mv<br />6/18-21@PC<br />1/1-4,1/16-18,5/4-11,6/5DoI:MI<br />42 days, so far@WDW in '04<br />&gt;586 days@WDW as of 1/1/4<br />'02)68 days@WDW+3 DoI:MI+MJ+Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'02)65 days@WDW+1 DoI:Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'01)53 days@WDW+1 D.onIce:TS2, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'00)36 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'99)46 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'72-'99)AS:Mu, DIx2, Poly x2, GF, C

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I've seen DeVine lots of times in California Adventure - she's very cool. [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] I;m looking forward to seeing her in AK! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Anyone that has been to AK may have seen DeVine. You just may not know it. If you happen to walking around and notice a bunch of people starting at what appears to be nothing but a bunch of bushes and growth, keep staring. They haven't all been struck stupid (probably not). That bunch of leaves may just move. I've seen several times when I walked up on that same group and heard people around asking "what is everyone looking at" only to be startled when they see "nothing" start to move.
    Pretty neat.

[ May 02, 2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: frakers ]
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I agree with the post that said you might have seen her but not have realized it. Finding her was an unexpected treat! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    January 2002 - Polynesian; May 2002 - Caribbean Beach; December 2002 - Polynesian; May 2003 - Wilderness Lodge; September 2003 - Grand Floridian (Our Disney Wedding!); March 2004 - Polynesian; May 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jim & Brandie

Post Thanks / Like

Little things like that is what makes WDW such a cool place.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to find her on my next visit to AK. Thanks for the information. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Saw her at Disney's California Adventure. EXTREMELY FUNNY!!! [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] Scared the poo out of my friend Jake. Hahaha...I laugh just thinking about it.
    Scarlett (DisneyScarlie, UNC student, Claytonia's sister, WDW fanatic)<br /><br />NEXT TRIP: May 17-24 2002 - Port Orleans Riverside :)<br /><br />------<br />"What would her father say? I'll tell you what her father'd say, he'd say he's gonna kill himself a CRAB that's what her father'd say!!!"<br />Sebastian - "The Little Mermaid"<br /><br />"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hello,
    We were at Disney World over Easter and did get a chance to see DiVine at Animal Kingdom. I have a photo of her, however I'm not sure how to or if I can "paste" it to the boards. I'd be happy to send it e-mail to anyone who'd like to see it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Or if someone tells me how, I'd put it on the board.
    Janet<P>

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: